English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Amiga websites reviews

Old 25 January 2009, 13:27   #21
gunatm
Retronerd

Hehehehe ... vesalia is a great company. When you got problems, you can call the owner of the shop directly. He´s very friendly and knows a lot about the good old times of amiga. I never had problems with vesalia in fact. This is just trolling for me.
Old 25 January 2009, 15:16   #22
dirkies
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Very subjective post. Never had problems with Vesalia, plus they always answered my mails.
me neither, always delivered fast and perfect. Vesalia =
Old 25 January 2009, 18:14   #23
papa_november

Hell, I just ordered (and recieved) the very thing I complained about in the OP and I have to say they're a pretty good company.
Old 25 January 2009, 20:00   #24
kriz

yeah i can also recomend them
Old 25 January 2009, 20:55   #25
Amiga1992

Sorry, there ARE cheaper ways to ship stuff out. It's just that most places charge hidden "handling" costs and shit like that.
Old 04 February 2009, 06:46   #26
gklinger
Vegetable Lasagna

FWIW, I recently bought a Speedlink Competition Pro USB and was amazed how fast I got it and the cost of shipping was very reasonable too.
Old 18 February 2009, 19:53   #27
Photon

I ordered a SCSI to IDE adapter from Vesalia a month or two ago. The order was processed after 4 days or so, and arrived from them to Sweden in two weeks. I threw away the manual sheet, as it differed from the jumpers that were on my card. But it works fine in my A500 and I'm okay with the slightly delayed arrival.

It's probably a small company run in the spare time by someone who still cares about Amiga. Keep that in mind - I certainly could not sell custom PCBs for legacy platforms for 50€ fulltime, that's for sure!

Non-delivery or delivery of faulty products is another matter ofc. But I'm sure if you contact them, they'll make good. Certainly, $13 for airmail across the sea is no cause for concern. I have a hard time even buying used computers from uk and get them to send them across the north sea at all! Misers.
Old 19 February 2009, 09:20   #28
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Most of the time things have gone well with Vesalia for me. I was just keen to get hold of that ACard and ranted when there was some trouble paying & getting it. We must have the right to rant when we feel disappointed
Old 24 February 2009, 11:26   #29
drHirudo
Amiga user

Thumbs up Vesalia is good.

Vesalia is the best AmigaShop for me. I buy from them since 1999 when I purchased my first A1200. I bought it without HD, but they forgat the IDE cable inside, so I was happy that I don't have to buy or built one by myself. Later I bought off Vesalia many CDs, games, Magazines, Books, T-Shirts, Computers (microA1), boards (Blizzard Vision, IDEFix), even stuff for my Amiga friends, because I was knowing how to do it. Vesalia always answers my questions (Especially when I call them ), they also try to find the cheapest yet still secure way to send it to me. I bought from them the http://www.hirudov.com/misc/GameMachines.php (Encyclopedia of Game Machines). Last I bought from them was http://www.hirudov.com/amiga/AmigaOS41.html (AmigaOS4.1) which was really well packaged and handled. I am only sorry that I did not visit them personally when I was in Germany and fill another bag of Amiga goodies. People who visited them back in 1990 said because they have the advantage of being near to two country borders, they had customers not only from Germany, but from the nearby countries as well, who have driven several hundred kilometers, to buy from them, because they were the best offers around (with widest range of goods). May be that is why they are still around.

Another customers of them said they used to have a big storage facility where they used to stock hundreds of broken CD32. The facility was so big, that they can bury even a truck under the CD32s
I made big turnover to Vesalia over the years and will continue to do so. If someone experienced troubles with Vesalia, this is probably a single accident.
Old 14 May 2009, 18:08   #30
chiark
Needs a life

I've got high hopes for them, for sure

I ordered on 5th May, everything is in stock, and it's still awaiting dispatch. I did ask to add CyberGrafx 4 to my order, but changed my mind and don't want it yet... I just want the stuff I've ordered and already paid for!
Old 15 May 2009, 01:07   #31
MethodGit

Quote:
Very subjective post. Never had problems with Vesalia, plus they always answered my mails.
They didn't get back to me about whether their Sixth Sense Investigations CD was German only or a German/English combination. I'm just glad a fellow EABer helped me out in the end...
Old 15 May 2009, 01:37   #32
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodGit View Post
They didn't get back to me about whether their Sixth Sense Investigations CD was German only or a German/English combination. I'm just glad a fellow EABer helped me out in the end...
And? You could have googled for this answer. They considered your question as too unimportant. The item description cleary says German CD version. Or do you expected that they install and test it for you? Only to be sure?

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 15 May 2009 at 02:22.
Old 15 May 2009, 02:54   #33
MethodGit

Quote:
And? You could have googled for this answer. They considered your question as too unimportant. The item description cleary says German CD version. Or do you expected that they install and test it for you? Only to be sure?
Oi oi. It was AndreasM wot done suggested e-mailing them.
Old 15 May 2009, 03:35   #34
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

He's not the best reference imho.
Old 15 May 2009, 19:32   #35
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodGit View Post
Oi oi. It was AndreasM wot done suggested e-mailing them.
you get my email?

i talk with Vesalia via ICQ. There are a only german CD. english are not on the stock. (sometimes Vesali have software on stock, but not includes in the shop)-

i call the publisher. there dont have a english version on stock.

at the moment i talk with the publisher for another way.
Old 25 May 2009, 13:03   #36
drHirudo
Amiga user

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiark View Post
I've got high hopes for them, for sure

I ordered on 5th May, everything is in stock, and it's still awaiting dispatch. I did ask to add CyberGrafx 4 to my order, but changed my mind and don't want it yet... I just want the stuff I've ordered and already paid for!
Have you received your stuff?
Old 26 May 2009, 12:15   #37
chiark
Needs a life

Just an update for the thread: everything arrived today! Turns out the SCSI cable, which is I guess a very low volume item, was problematic as it couldn't be found in stock.

All arrived, all happy, and thumbs up to Vesalia!
Old 02 August 2022, 16:02   #38
amijim

Hello 2009, I am Amijim from Greece and I feel like I want to say thank you to Vesalia for their effort. I have been buying from Vesalia since 1998 and just yesterday morning on 1 August 2022 I I received successfully another multiple items order. The Mr behind Vesalia responded promptly to me emails and his New old Stock products are nowhere else to find. Specifically I bought a VECTOR midi interface and a TS midi interface along other small bits. Of course I also buy from sordan the os 3,2,1 which vesalia does not stock, from amigastore, from Amiga kit, I even got the last ever Gentle eye order with super rare CD game title at low price and other smaller retro shops, my point is that the nature of these shops are of a low budget prices run by individuals or small teams. Regarding Vesalia, the old Mister prints the package list in dot matrix printer so I give him a break, my money and a big thank you for his loyalty to our hobby, I bet Amiga is his hobby as well.