English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language > Coders. Blitz Basic

Old 07 April 2017, 16:30   #1
Graham Humphrey

Blitz Support Suite - REDMapEditor 060 compatibility?

I've finally got round to having a crack at a new game but am having enormous trouble loading REDMapEditor (part of the Blitz Support Suite) on my Blizzard 1260 (ClassicWB pre-installed on my CF card). It gives me a corrupt screen when I launch it - huge patches of black appear on the left of the screen and sometimes the bottom part of the screen goes a bit funky too. I tried launching without startup-sequence but it went similarly bonkers and actually crashed the machine completely (although I might have forgotten an assign on that occasion).

Funnily enough, I tried launching it on my ClassicWB emulated setup on WinUAE (68020) and had similar issues - I never had a problem on my old 040 card at all so I wonder if something in the background on a ClassicWB install is upsetting it (but then why would it fail without the startup-sequence being booted?).

Anyone got any ideas, or am I screwed?
Old 07 April 2017, 20:07   #2
idrougge

Looks good for me on plain 68040/3.1.
Old 07 April 2017, 22:21   #3
Graham Humphrey

Turns out I was barking up not only the wrong tree, but in the wrong forest entirely.

I cocked up. I backed up all my Blitz stuff from my old HD to put on my CF card, but I forgot it needed some fonts. It alerted me when Newtopaz was missing, so I duly installed it but with the same result. Turns out it needed Smallfont as well, although there was no notification from the program that it was missing, curiously, despite it being more important than NewTopaz. Smallfont is used for X/Y coordinates and stuff and without that it basically just goes on strike.

So problem solved, entirely self-inflicted, nothing to see here...