English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 13 August 2008, 04:42   #41
Harrison
classicamiga.com

I avoid IBM/Hitachi Travelstar drives these days and only go for Seagate where possible. I've bought IBM Travelstar drives in the past and all 3 of those drives are still working perfectly in some of my PCs. A 60GB drive from many years ago was originally in a P2 system, and has since had its firmware updated and used as a second HD in a newer system. A 10GB travelstar 2.5" drive is also still going strong in an old laptop, and a 120GB HD is still working fine in my test server. However there have been so many bad stories of IBM drive failures that it has put me off.

BTW, all Travelstar drives are now Hitachi because IBM sold the HD part of their company to them.

Back to the original topic. I'm currently considering fitting a flash card to IDE adapter into both my A1200 and A600. However I'm currently undecided whether I should go with an SD or a CF card adapter. Is there any higher reliability of one format over the other? I used SD cards a lot in my digital cameras so have instant access to some, whereas with CF cards I would need to buy one. However if they are more reliable and robust then I would go for that.

Are there any drivers needed to use these flash card to IDE adapters?
Old 13 August 2008, 07:54   #42
rkauer
I hate potatos and shirts

Send a message via MSN to rkauer Send a message via Yahoo to rkauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
--zip--
Are there any drivers needed to use these flash card to IDE adapters?
No.