English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 13 May 2009, 19:13   #1
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

"Blue" audio LED in WinUAE

Hi all,

I have been googling, reading, searching the forums... but somehow I do not get it... read: I am sorry if this has been addressed before!

When using WinUAE with my config (eeePC 1.6 GHz, WinXP, 2 Gigs RAM), it all works well but the audio on screen led shows numbers between +70 and +90 and sometimes goes blue.

Does this mean there are buffer overruns? I'd say I have configured it wrong, but it does the same on my MacBook Pro with Bootcamp (booting straight into Windows XP)...

It's even worse with Quickstart A500...

Hints? Ideas?
Old 13 May 2009, 19:22   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Blue is "overrun", it means sound for some unknown reason plays too "slowly" = there is too much data in sound buffer and emulation needs to wait a bit until buffer has more space.

Latest beta may help but I think this could be sound driver issue.
Old 13 May 2009, 19:41   #3
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

Damn. So that's a sound driver issue on two machines... and as it's integrated audio on both machines, there's not much I can do.

But hey... just found something that needs investigation. Will report.

@Toni: many thanks for quick reply.
Old 13 May 2009, 22:01   #4
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.vince View Post
Hi all,

I have been googling, reading, searching the forums... but somehow I do not get it... read: I am sorry if this has been addressed before!

When using WinUAE with my config (eeePC 1.6 GHz, WinXP, 2 Gigs RAM), it all works well but the audio on screen led shows numbers between +70 and +90 and sometimes goes blue.

Does this mean there are buffer overruns? I'd say I have configured it wrong, but it does the same on my MacBook Pro with Bootcamp (booting straight into Windows XP)...

It's even worse with Quickstart A500...

Hints? Ideas?

I'll try installing it tonight on my eeepc and see if i have same issues
Old 13 May 2009, 23:22   #5
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

Alright, I think I found out by accident what is happening here...

The eeePC has different speed settings. While the auto mode powers down the system to preserve battery (and also clocks down the system), the highest setting ("super mode") seems to overclock it, depending on processor load. The "high performance mode" seems to give good results while not fiddling with the clock, so the audio buffer timing looks good.

Will continue testing and report back.