English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 13 December 2012, 01:14   #1
jumb0

Problem choosing folders in FS-UAE Launcher on Linux

Hey Frode,

I've installed the latest development version of FS-UAE on Linux Mint (x64) and for some reason the launcher won't allow me to select a folder other than my home folder to scan/import my kickstart roms. I can browse to my folder, ie. /home/<username>/Amiga/Kickstart but it only enters /home/<username> in the field and not the full path. I can't even manually change the field, even though I get the cursor appearing.

It does this even from the search/scan function and I'd prefer it didn't scan my entire home folder, but it seems to be the only way for it to pick up my roms.

Otherwise it works great for me so far, keep up the good work.

Old 13 December 2012, 01:21   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumb0 View Post
Hey Frode,

I've installed the latest development version of FS-UAE on Linux Mint (x64) and for some reason the launcher won't allow me to select a folder other than my home folder to scan/import my kickstart roms. I can browse to my folder, ie. /home/<username>/Amiga/Kickstart but it only enters /home/<username> in the field and not the full path. I can't even manually change the field, even though I get the cursor appearing.

It does this even from the search/scan function and I'd prefer it didn't scan my entire home folder, but it seems to be the only way for it to pick up my roms.

Otherwise it works great for me so far, keep up the good work.
I am aware of this problem, and it is quite annoying - However, it is not a bug in FS-UAE Launcher. The problem was introduced with the GTK2 version in Ubuntu 12.10 (The Launcher uses GTK2 via wxPython/wxWidgets). More info here: http://trac.wxwidgets.org/changeset/72779. The changed behavior / bug in GTK2 affects other GTK2 programs as well.

You can do the following to work around it:
* Browse to the folder containing the folder you want to choose.
* Select the desired folder in the list, but don't double-click / open it.
* Click the OK button while having the folder selected, and the correct path will be returned.

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 13 December 2012 at 01:31.
Old 13 December 2012, 01:56   #3
jumb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
You can do the following to work around it:
* Browse to the folder containing the folder you want to choose.
* Select the desired folder in the list, but don't double-click / open it.
* Click the OK button while having the folder selected, and the correct path will be returned.
Worked a treat.