English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 22 April 2013, 09:37   #1
Sparticle

Lattice C Compiler (v3.03)

Hi all,
Wondering if anyone out there has v3.3 of Lattice C Compiler.
Looked around on the net but to no avail.

Cheers.
Old 22 April 2013, 17:12   #2
emufan

are you really looking for this special version?
if not there are some in the TOSEC collection, can be found on ftp server - Commodore_Amiga/TOSEC/Applications/[ADF] (TOSEC-v2012-12-21_CM)/
i also found version 6.5 , i put it into the zone.
Old 22 April 2013, 17:18   #3
aragon

Version 3.03 upped to the zone. Have fun!
Old 24 April 2013, 21:59   #4
Sparticle

Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
are you really looking for this special version?
if not there are some in the TOSEC collection, can be found on ftp server - Commodore_Amiga/TOSEC/Applications/[ADF] (TOSEC-v2012-12-21_CM)/
i also found version 6.5 , i put it into the zone.
Thanks emufan. Ive already been there and only the newer versions are available.
Looks like someone has kindly zoned it anyway!
Yes must be 3.3.
Old 24 April 2013, 22:00   #5
Sparticle

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragon View Post
Version 3.03 upped to the zone. Have fun!
Thank you very much Aragon

Much appreciated.
Old 26 January 2014, 03:40   #6
djukon

Missed it by a few months. Can anyone re-upload it to the zone, please?

If there are any other earlier Lattice C versions for the Amiga, I would appreciate it (from August 1985 to version 3.03 [1986?]). This is for retrocomputing research I'm conducting on the Amiga platform.

Thank you.
Old 26 January 2014, 12:10   #7
aragon

Stick out tongue

Re-upped to the zone.

Have fun!
Old 26 January 2014, 14:16   #8
djukon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragon View Post
Re-upped to the zone.

Have fun!
Thanks, aragon!

This floppy seems to be from December 23rd, 1985, which means it is for KS/WB 1.1.

I'm not really sure if there is another Lattice version prior to this one, which was built for KS/WB 1.0. At least there is a Lattice C manual from September 1985.

According to a comment by Jean-François Bachelet, there are two more 3.5" floppies that came with the 1.1 Commodore Development Kit, besides the Lattice C 3.03 floppy: "68000 Macro Assembler" and "Wack Disk". There is an Amiga Macro Assembler v1.0 floppy in the TOSEC archive. I have no idea what the Wack Disk was about.

Then there are the 5.25" cross development floppies, which I haven't found anywhere.
Old 26 January 2014, 14:50   #9
mark_k

Quote:
Originally Posted by djukon View Post
Then there are the 5.25" cross development floppies, which I haven't found anywhere.
Wack was a more extensive version of the Amiga's built-in ROM-Wack debugger. I have a set of the 5.25" cross development disks, I uploaded them a couple of years ago, see here. It's basically an MS-DOS version of the old Lattice C compiler.

Commodore used to sell "Amiga C", which was (as I understand it) a rebranded version of Lattice C version 3. I'm not sure of the exact version number.

Also, if these are not available already and anyone's interested, I have some old Aztec C versions including (the first release?) 3.20 which only works on Kickstart 1.1 unless you patch it. Plus some version of the Aztec C library source code, which could be useful when disassembling programs compiled with Aztec C. (You can more easily see which functions are part of the C standard library, so you don't spend ages figuring out exactly what some function which turns out to be printf does. )

Last edited by mark_k; 26 January 2014 at 15:45.
Old 26 January 2014, 15:25   #10
emufan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_k View Post
I have a set of the 5.25" cross development disks, I uploaded them a couple of years ago, see here.
would you mind to upload again?
Old 26 January 2014, 16:03   #11
djukon

Quote:
Wack was a more extensive version of the Amiga's built-in ROM-Wack debugger.
Thanks for clarifying that up.

Quote:
I have a set of the 5.25" cross development disks, I uploaded them a couple of years ago, see here. It's basically an MS-DOS version of the old Lattice C compiler.
I initially thought they were for Sun machines that Commodore used. You can see them in the [ Show youtube player ] video. Was Sun for internal Commodore-Amiga system developers, and IBM Compatible MS-DOS for 3rd party developers?

Quote:
Also, if these are not available already and anyone's interested, I have some old Aztec C versions including (the first release?) 3.20 which only works on Kickstart 1.1 unless you patch it. Plus some version of the Aztec C library source code, which could be useful when disassembling programs compiled with Aztec C.
Definitely interested in any early development environments not in the TOSEC archive, please. Thanks, mark_k.
Old 26 January 2014, 18:07   #12
mark_k

Quote:
I initially thought they were for Sun machines that Commodore used. You can see them in the [ Show youtube player ] video. Was Sun for internal Commodore-Amiga system developers, and IBM Compatible MS-DOS for 3rd party developers?
Thanks for the video link (didn't watch it all yet). For the earliest Amiga developers (ones that had access to preliminary machines before the A1000 was released), development on Sun workstation seems to have been an option.

Over at bombjack.org are scanned versions of Commodore's Lattice C Compiler Manual, Amiga C Compiler User's Reference Guide and the AmigaDOS Developer's Manual. In the AmigaDOS Developer's Manual it mentions cross development on Suns and something called a "BillBoard". Read from page 17 of the PDF. Also, if you run DiskSalv on early Kickstart disks you can recover some tools which were used for Amiga↔Sun communication.
Quote:
Definitely interested in any early development environments not in the TOSEC archive, please. Thanks, mark_k.
I'll try to find my disk images. Please remind me in a few days if I forget.

Last edited by mark_k; 26 January 2014 at 18:27.
Old 26 January 2014, 18:17   #13
djukon

Quote:
For the earliest Amiga developers [...]

In the AmigaDOS Developer's Manual it mentions cross development on Suns and something called a "BillBoard". [...]
Great information, mark_k. Thank you for sharing what you know.

Quote:
I'll try to find my disk images. Please remind me in a few days if I forget.
Will do. Thank you once more.
Old 29 January 2014, 14:58   #14
aragon

Quote:
I have a set of the 5.25" cross development disks, I uploaded them a couple of years ago, see here. It's basically an MS-DOS version of the old Lattice C compiler.
[...]

Also, if these are not available already and anyone's interested, I have some old Aztec C versions including (the first release?) 3.20 which only works on Kickstart 1.1 unless you patch it. Plus some version of the Aztec C library source code, which could be useful when disassembling programs compiled with Aztec C. (You can more easily see which functions are part of the C standard library, so you don't spend ages figuring out exactly what some function which turns out to be printf does. )
I would be interested in the Lattice Cross Compiler as well as the Aztec 3.20 disks. Could you please put them into the zone again?
Old 30 January 2014, 14:18   #15
mark_k

Okay, I have uploaded my Lattice Cross development disks(*), Aztec C 3.20a, 3.6a, 5.0c, and 5.0d-1 update.

See the readme files in each archive. In particular, you'll need to patch the Aztec C 3.20a executable and library files to work with Kickstart 1.2 or later. There are some old newsgroup postings in the archive which explain how to do that.

(*): Unfortunately I don't have the actual cross compiler disk image. Either my original disk was mis-labelled, or I made a mistake when imaging the disk set. Hopefully some day I'll get around to checking my original disk again.

Amiga V1.0 cross development disks: , Multiupload

Aztec C 3.6a developer: , Multiupload

Aztec C 3.20a, 5.0c, 5.0d-1 update: , Multiupload
Old 30 January 2014, 16:57   #16
emufan

thanks for the upload.

i was trying to mount them using IMDisk or reading with DiskExplorer - this only works with the .bin files, if you change the offset bytes as described in your readme.

i zone the 4 fixed images for easier usage: Amiga_v1.0_Cross.Compiler_mark_k.EAB.FIX.zip

edit: the example .bat files list some commands, not on those 4 disk images. so #5 we still need, it seems
Code:
lc1m -i\include\ WAKE_CLI
lc2m WAKE_CLI
Quote:
... Hopefully some day I'll get around to checking my original disk again.
how can I convert "NOT the Lattice Cross Compiler/Lattice Cross Compiler.MFM" into a bin image?
In winuae - 5.25 SD image - "mfmwarp write Lattice Cross Compiler.MFM" - this way ?

Last edited by emufan; 30 January 2014 at 17:29.
Old 30 January 2014, 17:34   #17
mark_k

Quote:
i was trying to mount them using IMDisk or reading with DiskExplorer - this only works with the .bin files, if you change the offset bytes as described in your readme.
You might want to contact the developers of those programs to suggest they add support for old PC/DOS disk images with no BPB.

Quote:
how can I convert "NOT the Lattice Cross Compiler/Lattice Cross Compiler.MFM" into a bin image?
In winuae - 5.25 SD image - "mfmwarp write Lattice Cross Compiler.MFM" - this way ?
I'm not sure. MFMWarp would need to have support for DOS format to write the disk correctly. But there's probably not much point in doing that. You would probably end up with a copy of the Cross Assembler disk. The "Lattice Cross Compiler.bin" file I have is identical to the Cross Assembler .bin file. Either I made a mistake and forgot to change disks before imaging (what I thought was) the Cross Compiler disk, or the original disk was mis-labelled. Perhaps a mistake on my part is more likely.

Last edited by mark_k; 30 January 2014 at 17:39.
Old 30 January 2014, 17:42   #18
emufan

Quote:
You might want to contact the developers of those programs to suggest they add support for old PC/DOS disk images with no BPB.
maybe I should, but too lazy
Quote:
... But there's probably not much point in doing that. You would probably end up with a copy of the Cross Assembler disk. ...
ok, i understand. so we wait a little bit, until you manage to have a look on your real disks

thanks again, for the files
Old 31 January 2014, 08:33   #19
aragon

Hey mark_k, thanks a lot for the uploads!
Old 31 January 2014, 12:47   #20
djukon

Thanks, mark_k!