English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 16 March 2006, 11:12   #1
kas1e

bvision and fastata (bvision kit)

Hi all. I want to put in my system with mediator also a bvision. And here is a litle problem with fastata, it is not have place for bvision. So, i check google, and found that for it need a 'bvision kit for fastata'. I found only one picture with 4 sockets, and how i understand this construction just spare sockets and fastata can be put a bit lower and bvision can be set. So! question to all who have bvision with fastata - can you plz do some photos of this construction ? becouse i want to made it myself, and just want to see how it realise from elbox. (or maybe someone can give some link with BIG photos) Thanks.
Old 16 March 2006, 11:40   #2
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
the socket raisers are for the fastata to clear clockport cards andmaybe just make it high enough to clear bvision. Theres little point in using mediator and bvsion together, just use one or the other as it wont be an easy fit and all together a bad idea, not to mention the software clash between p96/cgx drivers.
Old 16 March 2006, 12:23   #3
kas1e

I will have 3 video output: 1 bvision, 1 vodooo and 1 scandoubler. Also for voodoo3 i will have p96 boot partition, and for bvision - second with cgx,etc. And if i will want to boot from one ot them, i will just set boot prior for rigth partition and change manually monitor cable. Why it is bad idea ? I also have good atx power and think here is will no problem with power.

What about fit it together, i already do it, only little problem with fastata (need to move some down), so, just curios how it made by elbox.
Old 18 March 2006, 13:00   #4
kas1e

At this moment i use voodoo3 with bvision at the same time, and it works ! (but, without fastata, becouse too much mess with it). Maybe someone can give me a links on some test software for bvision ?
Old 18 March 2006, 13:59   #5
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
the fast ata will sit fine behind the mediator, but the bvision will have to go. even if theres a socket raiser for bvision, that would be a reallybad idea as the connection can be temprimental as is. Why the need for both ? . Bvision is faster then med/voodoo for the most part, but voodoo can be faster when hardware effects are used that are otherwise emulated on bvision.
Old 18 March 2006, 14:54   #6
kas1e

Mad-Matt, i was use fastata with mediator, yes, but with mediator+bvision (with socket resider too) - it always the mess. For me this combo need only for warp3d tests of some stuff, in this fact, that warp3d driver for bvision really different over almost identical drivers for voodoo3 on classic or on a1/peg with voodoo3/radeons.

So, for tests of some code, always plug on/off some amiga parts it is pain, becouse it can dead in any moment

Also what about network cards ? I mean for example i have pci 100mb realteck, and if plug off mediator, no network anymore (or need pcmcia - here is new problems agayn).

Hope this combo will not dead too faster , or maybe will works some time

ps. why do you think is bad idea ? In fact of this ? power ? software ?