English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 23 December 2016, 14:55   #1
Umpa

FS-UAE Arcade (windows)

Hi, I have set up FS_UAE Launcher on windows 7 with a wireless xbox360 game pad and it works perfectly, When I use FS-UAE Arcade, the game pad is not recognised, does the arcade pick up the launcher config - or do I have to select the gamepad some how ?

T.I.A

Ump..
Old 23 December 2016, 16:17   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi, it should work out of the box. Can you please attach fs-uae.log.txt, fs-uae-launcher.log.txt and fs-uae-arcade.log.txt (from FS-UAE/Cache/Logs) to a post?
Old 23 December 2016, 22:29   #3
Umpa

Here you go.

Its windows 8 not 7 I got confused - lol.

FWIW I can use the game pad by pressing F12 and selecting XInput for the joystick, and it works fine, its just that I have to select it for every game, every time I start the arcade.

edit - the arcade log file exceeds the max file length - should i delete it and let arcade make a new one ?
Attached Files
File Type: txt fs-uae-launcher.log.txt (98.3 KB, 5197 views)
File Type: txt fs-uae.log.txt (95.3 KB, 209 views)
Old 24 December 2016, 14:09   #4
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi, is this a 3rd-party Xbox controller? The GUID (78696e70757401000000000000000000) is not recognized. Please open Launcher Settings, doubleclick on your device, and map all buttons/axes/hats accordingly to the UI. Then it will probably work fine.
Old 24 December 2016, 14:14   #5
Umpa

Hi Frode,

No its a genuine controller and receiver. I will have a look. FWIW it works fine with launcher, and works with arcade if I select it for every game. It does not remember this though so I have to keep doing it.

I will report back in the new year as I will be busy over Christmas.

Thanks for your help - Merry Xmas and happy new year to you an yours !
Old 24 December 2016, 14:43   #6
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Most gamepads work out of the box for basic Amiga usage (directional, one button). But for more complex usage where more precise button layout needs to be known (CD32 gamepad emulation, Arcade navigation), a config is needed for the controller.

Maybe it's a new hardware revision or something Anyway, running the mapping tool should work fine!

Merry Xmas and a happy new year to you to
Old 27 December 2016, 22:41   #7
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

The problem was related to new XInput mapping in the most recent SDL2 versions. I've released version 2.8.2u2 for Windows with a new bundled config for XInput controllers.
Old 15 November 2020, 02:30   #8
Craziazkowboi

XBox One Joysatick not working in FS-UAEArcade

Hi - I'm using FS-UAE v3.05 and I have mapped all my buttons, created a config, and renamed the config to remove all the extra _0_Windows bits it added to the filename, so now it's just "xinput_controller.conf". Launcher see's it, and it is set as my default joystick in Launcher and settings. However FS-Arcade is stuck on "keyboard" for the default controlelr and when the menu starts.

I am unable to get my Xbox One controller to work in the menu. Once I enter a game, I can hit F12, and change the keyboard to the "XInput Controller" and it works fine the game, but as soon as I exit, the controller no longer works in the menu, and when I choose another game, I need to set it again, once the game starts.

On selecting a game, the XInput Controller shows as an option, but I am unable to select it - it is stick on "keyboard". Any tips or help appreciated.

I have attached my logs hoping they will help....Thank you!!
Attached Files
File Type: txt fs-uae.log.txt (91.5 KB, 147 views)
Old 19 November 2020, 03:45   #9
vertigo

Just to say my wireles xbox controller has stopped working in exactly the same way.. it was working before this, I updated and its stopped working in arcade, despite being seen in launcher. I cam choose it in game, exactly as below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziazkowboi View Post
Hi - I'm using FS-UAE v3.05 and I have mapped all my buttons, created a config, and renamed the config to remove all the extra _0_Windows bits it added to the filename, so now it's just "xinput_controller.conf". Launcher see's it, and it is set as my default joystick in Launcher and settings. However FS-Arcade is stuck on "keyboard" for the default controlelr and when the menu starts.

I am unable to get my Xbox One controller to work in the menu. Once I enter a game, I can hit F12, and change the keyboard to the "XInput Controller" and it works fine the game, but as soon as I exit, the controller no longer works in the menu, and when I choose another game, I need to set it again, once the game starts.

On selecting a game, the XInput Controller shows as an option, but I am unable to select it - it is stick on "keyboard". Any tips or help appreciated.

I have attached my logs hoping they will help....Thank you!!
Old 25 June 2021, 10:52   #10
realdtc

Exactly the same for me
Everytime i have to change thejoytick-port from keyboard to XInput_Controller... than it works.
After exiting the game, it resets to keyboard.
Old 25 June 2021, 14:31   #11
realdtc

After disableing of my second joystick (in windows device-manager) all works correct.
With only one gamepad connected, arcade detects the pad correct and use it in cover-view and ingame.
So there seems to be a problem with more than one game-controller connected at the same time (for me: gamepad and joystick (hotas)).