English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 19 August 2020, 20:33   #381
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrupp View Post
@DamienD: Didn't you mention somewhere that even if you die in level 100 you keep the lightning ability and are therefor still able to kill the boss?
Correct
Old 19 August 2020, 20:36   #382
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink^abyss View Post
Download link
http://www.abyss-online.de/eab/TinyB...Beta_0_992.adf

Fixes
  • When all potion screen items are collected the timer don't stops early
  • Hitbox for collecting items from potions screen is too small
  • Baron von Blubba kills only the player he chases
  • Bubble items can still be collected after being hit

Happy testing everyone!
Just finished playing through (well, almost).

I had quite a varied game:

... Floppy disk (lightning bolt)
... Floppy disk (water flood screen)
... 2 x purple potions (musical notes)

The game now feels more balanced with the above changes

Only one issue for me and that occurred on level 99... messed up so waited for Baron von Blubba to kill me... except he couldn't:

So didn't get to finish the game; and stupidly I took no save states this time
Old 19 August 2020, 20:37   #383
BigD

Quote:
@DamienD: Didn't you mention somewhere that even if you die in level 100 you keep the lightning ability and are therefor still able to kill the boss?

I remember he might have said that but there has been extra code amended since then. This is on a 060 AGA real Amiga and my experience is that when you die (all 3 to 5 lives used up) and continue that there is no way to kill the boss!
Old 19 August 2020, 21:03   #384
skyzoo73

another test game, this time with winuae (a500 default config)

played well up to level 36 then after the bonus bottle with notes got stuck, exactly when the bonus game time ran out (the music kept playing)

game played with 2p

Click image for larger version

Name:	freeze2.png
Views:	97
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	68542
Old 19 August 2020, 23:02   #385
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
@pink abyss : a feedback from CNGSOFT regarding the latest beta :

- The music's constant and excessive usage of arpeggios make it sound like an Atari ST armed with a synthetiser. It's not even the same score, albeit very similar, but this remake uses too much stacatto.

- Jumping and falling show too little inertia yet.(The lack of inertia means that falls are almost 45 degrees.)

- That's already too wide (moving horizontally while airborne must be slower), and picking the red sneaker (that makes you move faster) only worsens this because horizontal speed rises, but vertical speed stays the same. The sneaker must make the player jump and fall more quickly.

- Ah, speaking of jumping: jumping on a bubble without popping it should increase the score by 10 p.

- Error: if a water stream kills several enemies at once, it should drop one cyan gem for each enemy, rather than just one for them all.

- Round 5 and its water bubbles also shows an undesired behavior: popping a bubble should pop all bubbles touching it, and so on, but this remake goes too far and can pop bubbles that are too far on the screen.

- (right now, with the way the bubbles clump and pop together, round 35 must be impossible to beat)

- (the powerups are defined by game events; for example, jumping many times spawns a yellow candy, popping many water bubbles spawns an umbrella, etc) . I'm not precisely counting the events but so far this is relatively consistent. Inconsistent would be that items such as the Heart or the Gem Chest would have appeared already without enough events to raise them. The heart spawns after picking up many snacks (at least 55 in the arcade's normal difficulty) while the Gem Chest appears after picking up five crosses (so far no crosses have appeared)

-Missing sound: Lettered bubbles don't play their jingle (ding dooong) when popped.

-The low inertia makes level 10 a bit awkward to play. The water bubbles' erasing of gems also made me lose score here.

-level 11: I popped all 7 enemies at once and I got the "64000" sign as expected, but the fruits are wrong, there are two peaches and two oranges. I should have received an orange, a peach, a watermelon and a pineapple.

-Once getting all the letters, Musical error! After the "nice 1p" screen, the main song should restart from its loop rather than from the game intro!

Note : CNG ask for debug keys in the next beta, he will give you all the hints you need, since he ported the arcade again on CPC with all the features in.

"Please ask the programmer for debug keys, something to skip levels and the like. As the game advances, more of its mechanics become visible and relevant later on."

Last edited by dlfrsilver; 19 August 2020 at 23:16.
Old 19 August 2020, 23:16   #386
skyzoo73

I played a few games of Bubble Bobble on the M.A.M.E. and I noticed a few things.

- Even in the first levels from 5 onwards, the enemies are trapped in the bubbles for a short time, on the contrary in Tiny Bobble they are stuck until the "Hurry up".

- due to the abundant jump and the different gravity it is possible to jump very far, a little too much.

- the final screen where you see what level you have reached lasts forever in Tiny Bobble, in the arcade after a while it switches to Game Over.

- Game Over music lacks the final low note.

- After a Bonus that completes any level, it starts again in the following with the music, in Tiny Bobble you hear it all with the introductory notes, while in the arcade it goes directly to the main theme.
Old 19 August 2020, 23:17   #387
jotd
This cat is no more

seems like pink abyss next project will be ... fix Bubble Bobble differences with the arcade
Old 19 August 2020, 23:21   #388
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

- Missing feature: spark bubbles should stun the player.

- I'm noticing in the enemy AI that they never turn around to attack me if I'm on the same platform, but they should be able to.

-In general, the enemies don't chase the player actively enough. Round 21 is tedious because you cannot make them get out of their cells quickly enough.

-on level 24, The clock powerup freezes the baddies, that's right... but not with THAT sprite, because they still kill by touch!

-(the right order of all seven possible fruits: banana 500p, orange 1000, peach 2000, watermelon 3000, grapes 4000, pineapple 5000, pink gem 6000)

Last edited by dlfrsilver; 19 August 2020 at 23:27.
Old 19 August 2020, 23:23   #389
skyzoo73

For sure all the details of the arcade will be difficult to implement, and we are all bombarding this thread in hopes of contributing, I hope Pink Abyss does not take it, and in fact many have perhaps taken this sort of social beta testing event too seriously

However, I reiterate that at present we are already facing a huge conversion, beyond all possible expectations, and this would already be great.
Old 19 August 2020, 23:42   #390
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

@Pink Abyss : I have posted the arcade original songs in the zone in OGG format.
Old 19 August 2020, 23:58   #391
nikosidis

Haha, this is getting crazy
It is not that Tiny Bobble have to be exactly like the arcade.
The problem that enemy get trapped in their cells, like in level 21 is the only let down for me.

I consider this version of the game a classic for the Amiga computers already. It will probably top the list of Amiga games played for a long time.
Old 20 August 2020, 00:18   #392
Amiga1992

The game is called Tiny Bobble, not "include absolutely everything Bobble", last I checked. Not even "Arcade-accurate Bobble".

Give Pink a rest instead of burning him out. We're lucky to have him making what he's making. Don't force that to change.
Old 20 August 2020, 00:56   #393
roondar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
The game is called Tiny Bobble, not "include absolutely everything Bobble", last I checked. Not even "Arcade-accurate Bobble".

Give Pink a rest instead of burning him out. We're lucky to have him making what he's making. Don't force that to change.
I 100% agree

This game is already very, very good. Is it perfect? No. But nothing is and this game is IMHO one of the best Arcade ports I’ve ever seen on the Amiga (Rygar AGA being another great example).

Great stuff
Old 20 August 2020, 05:10   #394
ztronzo

v0.992 bugs if possible to fix:
a) The "hurry up" Skeleton chasing ghost (whatever it is called) does not kill players anymore.

b) The lightening power-up flask does not re-spawn after players are dead and lose a continue/credit. I know you made players keep their lightening power-up, but maybe better to make 1 or both flasks re-spawn after each player death.

c) level 100, unfair spawn kill from boss on "Player 2" while still bubbled up and coming from top during the level transition. I would suggest to use the player spawn transition/location as in level 1 for an easy fix.

(screenshots included)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bug-a.png
Views:	83
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	68546   Click image for larger version

Name:	bug-b.png
Views:	91
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	68547   Click image for larger version

Name:	bug-c.png
Views:	98
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	68548  

Last edited by ztronzo; 20 August 2020 at 05:18.
Old 20 August 2020, 11:48   #395
mrupp

It would be nice to be able to check der file version using der version-command in a Shell:

> version TinyBobble_Beta

It's not all THAT important, the game plays just excellent without this, but maybe it's an easy one...
Old 20 August 2020, 13:12   #396
pink^abyss

Tiny Bobble Beta 0.993 Released

Download link
http://www.abyss-online.de/eab/TinyB...Beta_0_993.adf

Fixes
  • Items remain 7 seconds instead of 10 seconds
  • Not all bubbles turn into special items when needed
  • In level 100 it could happen all bottles are gone
  • Baron von Blubba had no collision anymore with playe

Happy playing (and testing)!
Old 20 August 2020, 13:12   #397
ztronzo

Quote:
It would be nice to be able to check der file version using der version-command in a Shell:

> version TinyBobble_Beta

It's not all THAT important, the game plays just excellent without this, but maybe it's an easy one...
it gives the version upon run and it wont matter much once out of beta:

aBYSs pRESENTs
<< Tiny Bobble >>
(Beta 0.992)

Code&Music Logo Tools
Pink Fade One Bartman

Needs Amiga 500 (Pal) + 512k Mem or better.
Please wait a long time while decrunching...
Old 20 August 2020, 13:32   #398
pink^abyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post

Thanks for your kind words I'm just happy about the many friendly beta testers that help to finalize the game . This saves me a lot of time.
Old 20 August 2020, 13:57   #399
Zarnal

Hi,

with 0.993 :

I have a freeze and no items in " bonus level " after collecting a potion in level 18 ( music is ok ). after decount, i go next level.
Old 20 August 2020, 14:15   #400
pink^abyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarnal View Post
Hi,

with 0.993 :

I have a freeze and no items in " bonus level " after collecting a potion in level 18 ( music is ok ). after decount, i go next level.
Thanks for reporting! The algorithm finds no space to place an item in round #18. However, in this level the arcade spawns a single item at the potion position. I guess its special code. Will do this too. Always something new to learn with Bubble Bobble..

Last edited by pink^abyss; 20 August 2020 at 14:46.