English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 06 January 2004, 13:40   #1
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

Elvira Arcade in WinUAE

Hello folks, I was just wondering if any of you guys have gotten Elvira the arcade game working on WinUAE? Mine always crashes in the intro, a few seconds after the into music starts. I'm still using Win UAE ver 8.21 r4, and I have tried a couple of configs. No joy.

It works fine in Winfellow tho.

It's a strangely addictive platformer, very lovely graphics.

Thanks for all your help.

Muz Man
Old 07 January 2004, 03:30   #2
Chuckles
The Ancient One

I tried my configuration for this in 0.8.21R4 and it didn't work, but it does work fine in 0.8.23 with these settings:

Kickstart 1.3
1 MB chip ram/0 fast/0 slow
ECS Agnus
640 x 400 PAL
Floppy speed 100% (didn't like Turbo speed for me)

Some variations of this will probably also work, if you want to fiddle with the settings more. Sounds like one more good reason to upgrade to 0.8.23, eh?
Old 07 January 2004, 14:41   #3
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

Smile

Hey, thanks Chuckles, this new version of Win UAE is pretty good! Get's Elvira working! Have to muck around with the sound options to combat the lag though.

Still, thanks again!
Old 08 January 2004, 03:35   #4
Chuckles
The Ancient One

You're quite welcome, and I'm glad it worked for you. I probably spend more time tweaking configs than I actually spend playing any of the games, and sometimes that proves useful.

As for the sound lag, I had pretty bad lag myself until I set the sound buffer setting to 1 and lag compensation at 0%. That cleared up the problem for me. With all the different hardware combinations, I don't think anyone can really tell you the best settings for your machine though, so you just have to play with it. I've just noticed a "Calibrate" button on the sound tab that I'd not noticed in earlier versions and that may be helpful, but no promises here. Now that I've seen it I know I'm going to have to play with it sometime though. It's hell being a compulsive type.