English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

Old 20 June 2009, 05:47   #1
Shadowfire

Machine Language Monitor needed

I am at the final stages of debug of the hardware portion of my IDE controller. I am looking for a machine language monitor with disassembly, and memory read/write functions (similar to the old MONITOR part of the assembler package for the C-64). At one point I recall having one that was very similar to the C-64 one, I think it was released by a demo group, but the name eludes me. Importing of symbol names is not important for this phase, as I am merely testing I/O.

I have tried MonAM, but my I/O maps to $EF0000. Monam's display shows "**" for values here. My CPLD shows no triggering of the $EF memory page, either, so I am assuming that MonAM has built-in "protections" for this address space, since you wouldn't normally read or write there when producing non-device-driver applications.

Any other suggestions for a ML Monitor here? MonAM isn't my cup of tea for raw I/O work like this, also it would be nice to be able to write to individual addresses ($EF0000 - $EF3FFB is SRAM, but $EF3FFE and $EF3FFC are interrupt generation/response locations), but at this point I'll take something that doesn't barf at the addresses.
Old 20 June 2009, 10:40   #2
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Try Carnivore's Beermon. I've uploaded it for you here.
Old 21 June 2009, 01:07   #3
Shadowfire

Thanks, I'll check it out.
Old 22 June 2009, 00:20   #4
kamelito
Zone Friend

Adebug

Hi

A very good one was Adebug, it supported symbols, I was using it with an NMI but you could trigger it using keys. I don't have the executable but found out that the project was open sourced some years ago.

http://removers.free.fr/softs/download.php
http://sourceforge.net/projects/adebug

Kamel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
I am at the final stages of debug of the hardware portion of my IDE controller. I am looking for a machine language monitor with disassembly, and memory read/write functions (similar to the old MONITOR part of the assembler package for the C-64). At one point I recall having one that was very similar to the C-64 one, I think it was released by a demo group, but the name eludes me. Importing of symbol names is not important for this phase, as I am merely testing I/O.

I have tried MonAM, but my I/O maps to $EF0000. Monam's display shows "**" for values here. My CPLD shows no triggering of the $EF memory page, either, so I am assuming that MonAM has built-in "protections" for this address space, since you wouldn't normally read or write there when producing non-device-driver applications.

Any other suggestions for a ML Monitor here? MonAM isn't my cup of tea for raw I/O work like this, also it would be nice to be able to write to individual addresses ($EF0000 - $EF3FFB is SRAM, but $EF3FFE and $EF3FFC are interrupt generation/response locations), but at this point I'll take something that doesn't barf at the addresses.