English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 10 February 2011, 11:57   #1
s2325
Zone Friend

Floppy disk Fayoh 2

You can see this game here [ Show youtube player ] but could someone tell me where can I find ADF?
Old 10 February 2011, 12:03   #2
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Aminet's probably the best place to get it:

http://aminet.net/package/game/jump/FaYoh2
Old 10 February 2011, 12:06   #3
s2325
Zone Friend

Thank you. Now I see it's too big even for HD floppy disk.
Old 08 May 2011, 21:50   #4
Emeraldmoon

I have big question and favour to you all. I've been searching almost all internet through Google to find a solution:

HOW TO RUN "FAYOH" ON WINUAE?

I can't find anywhere any tutorial. I know WinUAE basic configuration and I know that this game requires AGA chip so I load .adf file with Fayoh in AGA and with no effect! System can't see any game!

I can't load "Fayoh 2" either! I have a directory with this game and I'm loading Workbench 3.0 to WinUAE, then I choose hard drive directory - Fayoh2 and I can see this directory and game in Workbench but still I can't run it!

Please help because I've been sitting here for 2 hours or so and can't run this game. And there isn't any forum where is some instruction how to do it. Why the hell there is no information that this game requires SPECIAL configuration or installing on hard drive or anything else. It's only indicated as AGA game. I tried and run many AGA games and they worked without problem, except of this one. Great thanks for any advice.
Old 08 May 2011, 22:04   #5
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Works fine from HD here. Haven't tried it with a disk and the lha mounted as a drive, but it's worth some minutes to setup a WB environment within WinUAE : http://guide.abime.net/wbsetup.htm
Old 08 May 2011, 22:24   #6
Emeraldmoon

TheCyberDruid thanks for that, but is it possible to write here concisely how to run this game without installing all that Workbench? I installed already this but still can't run this game. I don't believe it's so hard to run.
I have zip file with Fayoh and whole directory with Fayoh 2 so what can I do now to run it at last? I have no idea now... There is no information on page you gave me how to run games from Workbench 3.1

Last edited by Emeraldmoon; 08 May 2011 at 22:33.
Old 08 May 2011, 22:41   #7
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Well, once you've installed WB to HD you just copy the game over and start it there... Anyway, you can also do it just with a WB 3.1 disk and the LHA. Just add the LHA as a hard drive via 'Hard Drives' -> 'Add Directory or Archive...'. Then click on 'Select Archive or Plain File' and point to the LHA of Fayoh2. Instert the WB disk in DF0 and start. Once WB is loaded, open 'Fayoh2.lha', hold down the right mouse button and select Window -> Show -> All Files from the menu. You should be able to guess the rest
Old 08 May 2011, 23:22   #8
Emeraldmoon

OK, I did exactly as you advised me and...

I came back to the start. Either I'm too stupid or something is wrong because after clicking on Fayoh2 icon I can't run it, even if I click Icon -> Open. It's just attempting to load program... and nothing more! No program is loading. WinUAE is just resting and does nothing. Please give me some more hints, what do I have to do more. Because icon with this game (readme and other files) I can load and I could do it even before I asked here for help. I can't do anything more than show icon with Fayoh2

Edit: I can see that after double clicking on the icon - program take some memory in Amiga but nothing more. After clicking more and more - memory is run out eventually but game still doesn't run.

Last edited by Emeraldmoon; 08 May 2011 at 23:44.
Old 09 May 2011, 23:03   #9
Emeraldmoon

OK 24 hours has passed and nobody can help me more? Can I ask again some further hints what I have to do to run this game? I'll be very grateful and sorry for my grumbling :P but Fayoh seems to be very nice game so I't pity not to play it a bit.
Old 09 May 2011, 23:48   #10
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Which quickstart config do you use? Try A1200 with 4 MB Fast.
Old 10 May 2011, 00:01   #11
Emeraldmoon

TheCyberDruid I pass over section "Quickstart". I set just Chipset -> AGA, CPU -> 68030 and ROM 3.1 (A4000). Chip memory is without difference. I tried 2 MB or 8 MB and to no avail. In Quickstart I have Configuration -> CD32 but I think it doesn't have any influence to AGA configuration?
Old 10 May 2011, 00:09   #12
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Just try the quickstart option please.
Old 10 May 2011, 00:29   #13
Emeraldmoon

I did as you let me: Quickstart -> Model A1200, Configuration 4 MB Fast RAM and started WinUAE in Quickstart mode.

And still in Workbench 3.1 I can show all files from Fayoh.lha and I double click on this damn Fayoh icon for I don't know how many times and still there is no game. Just free memory decreased as program occupied a bit of it and nothing more. WinUAE version 2.2.0 from 28.06.2008 and I doubt it's its fault.
Old 10 May 2011, 00:38   #14
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Well, I use 2.3.1 (latest stable) here and it works that way. Not sure what the problem is, but I have another look tomorrow.
Old 10 May 2011, 00:48   #15
Emeraldmoon

OK thanks for now, it's late now a bit so let's be in touch here until problem solution. I'll try to check the newest version of emulator though I doubt it will help and I will tell you tomorrow what the effects are.

This problem is strange to me too because I remember I was running few other games in very similar way like this and they worked. I mean - I loaded something like Workbench (but it was another environment/system) and I double clicked on icon with game and it worked then. But this one doesn't want to. I'm curious what is the reason.
Old 10 May 2011, 00:52   #16
Graham Humphrey

Maybe you should install something like SnoopDOS and run it before you run the game and look very carefully at what SnoopDOS outputs. It could just be that a library file (or whatever) is missing? There's certainly no reason the game should fail to run otherwise.
Old 10 May 2011, 00:58   #17
Emeraldmoon

Graham do you thing that such a regular game requires so much effort? Isn't enough just Workbench which takes control over whole program and which executes it? I'd prefer not to add anything more to WinUAE like SnoopDOS, because I feel this emulator itself can make this game work. But I'll try this one too and let you know later.
Old 10 May 2011, 08:49   #18
Graham Humphrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmoon View Post
Graham do you thing that such a regular game requires so much effort?
No but it shouldn't do! Which is why I advised SnoopDOS. There clearly is something going quite wrong somewhere. The game shouldn't require any effort to run. I know this because I used to play it loads on my A1200 without any fuss.

Therefore I can only assume that something isn't right on your setup.
Old 10 May 2011, 09:09   #19
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Well, I've tried it with a basic WB 3.1 disk (like mentioned above), so there shouldn't be and extra libs required. I'll check it with SnoopDos nonetheless later. Maybe it's a dodgy WB disk missing files?
Old 11 May 2011, 22:10   #20
Emeraldmoon

Sorry for delay. The topic is still stand (unfortunately). I'm beginning suspecting the same thing what you wrote, that Workbench may be broken or something like this. But as I remember I tried to load it from two various sources! And the game didn't start at any of these WB. Let's do it this way that you give me link to proper WB 3.1 which can provide me running this game for sure, OK? I know that it will sound stupidly but I prefer stay with this version of WinUAE as I got used to it and all games work. Can I be sure that in newer versions of the emulator all games will be work too?

As for SnoopDOS I don't know what it is. Is is some monitor or so? Something like Event viewer in Windows? At first I'd prefer to run this game without any special additions. But if it don't work then I will have to try another methods...