English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 07 March 2020, 10:17   #1
Bugala

[Found: KickIt - A Day For The Laiban] Sidescrolling game, return book to a library

This is a freeware game.

If I correctly remember, this was done in three days or something in some demoparty. I somewhat recall it would have been done by swedes, but not sure of that.

Plot of the game was that you were trying to return a book to the library.

Game itself was very simple, bit like king-fu master in that you had your character basically at bottom of screen. Could be it was actually in fact in middle of screen or something, but at least feels like it was at bottom of screen since there was simply a road that your character kept sidescrolling just like in Kung-fu master.

You were heading from left to right, like in Super Mario Bros, and then there kept coming these enemies that i recall you were kicking. I dont recall did you have any other moves, neither do i recall if there were any other obstacles except those enemies, so basically very much like Kung-fu master, perhaps even that games inspiration.

Just remember that I never completed this game and now that I got newest Amiga Forever, it came to my mind that perhaps using snapshots I could finally beat this game.

I am somewhat recalling that name was some name, probably a made up name, or perhaps some demo group members nickname.

I keep thinking it could have been close to lebanon or something like that, especially those le at beginning seem like could have been that, and b somewher in that name.

My guess about its release is between 1995-2003, more likely before 2000.
Old 07 March 2020, 13:30   #2
LongLifeA1200

KickIt - A Day For The Laiban, only it wasn't a book - it was a Nintendo game.
Old 08 March 2020, 10:57   #3
Bugala

yes, this it definitely is, instant I saw the name "Laiban" I knew this was it.

Using Kick It i was also able to locate it from aminet: http://aminet.net/package/game/jump/LLD_KickIt