English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 19 April 2005, 15:01   #1
jakc

Sensible Soccer - Online Multiplayer?

Me and a friend used to be addicted to Sensi Soccer (among the other Sensi games Jools & Jops came up with). We have recently been playing with Amiga emulators (since our original amigas are long gone) and got Sensible soccer going.

Anyhow, we were talking about how it would be great if we could set up an online community so you could play people on the net. Now we both know little about this, but would be willing to put the time and effort in to do it.

I think Sensible is freeware now, and if not we would contact them before doing anything. Also, is there anyway that if we could not set up some kind of website to meet other sensi-fans, that I could play my friend online somehow. Any hints/tips/pointers in the right direction would be great.

Old 19 April 2005, 16:28   #2
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakc
I think Sensible is freeware now
You think wrong. Why is it that most people think that old software is "freeware"?

The rights are still with Jon Hare and crew and surely he also has or have had plans for Sensible Soccer today so chance is you WON'T be able to use their IP. And if you do it without permission you will be infringing copyright laws.
Old 19 April 2005, 19:40   #3
Eny-
R3tr0 G4m3r

Wasn't Sensi ported to cell phones or something?
Old 19 April 2005, 19:55   #4
Mr Kipling

Codemasters now own the rights to the "Sensible" name and it's software. The sensi soccer game for mobile phones was done by John Hare and two other people from the Bitmap brothers ( called tower studios), but only after Kuju aquired the rights from Codemasters. Apparently sensi soccer on cell phones wasn't that great
Old 19 April 2005, 19:58   #5
StarEye
Zone Friend

The rights aren't with Jon Hare, but with Codemasters who bought Sensible Software entirely. We also got a Sensible Software for cell-phones (although it can't exactly be called a port), and Codemasters had to be contacted for the rights.

Codemasters unfortunately just sits there, doing nothing with their IPs. I for one think Cannon Fodder in particular would work perfectly on a Nintendo DS. Sensible world of Soccer too, using the pen to sign transfer deals and such would be nice.
Old 19 April 2005, 21:08   #6
Eny-
R3tr0 G4m3r

I was sure i heard something about it...
Old 19 April 2005, 21:53   #7
Amiga1992

Dunno why Mr Modem deleted his post but the link contained within showed Sensi for mobiles and it looked nice, except for one thing maybe: the field is TOO SMALL. look at the distance between the corner and the goal... ridiculous!!! how could Jon Hare let something like that hapening?

A fast paced game like Sensi surely is not suited for mobile phones.
Old 20 April 2005, 13:24   #8
jakc

ok

furry muff. but is there a way I can play my friend at SWOS via the internet? Just 2P friendlys. Any ideas for this?

Old 20 April 2005, 16:08   #9
Mr_Modem
Emulator Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira
Dunno why Mr Modem deleted his post but the link contained within showed Sensi for mobiles and it looked nice, except for one thing maybe: the field is TOO SMALL. look at the distance between the corner and the goal... ridiculous!!! how could Jon Hare let something like that hapening?

A fast paced game like Sensi surely is not suited for mobile phones.
I really don't know why I deleted it, anyway here comes the site again for those of you who haven't found it yet: http://www.myphonegames.co.uk/xq/asp...one%20game.htm

I agree with you Akira the field look way too small. Anyone played it?

jakc:You should be able to play it with WinUAE kaillera. Here's a site I found: http://www.purplesensi.co.uk/swos/hints/swosonline.html
And another, some kind of online league http://swos.elmichaj.de/index.php?si...amiga_tabellen
Old 20 April 2005, 17:17   #10
RetroMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakc
furry muff. but is there a way I can play my friend at SWOS via the internet? Just 2P friendlys. Any ideas for this?
http://kaillera.abime.net/
Old 20 April 2005, 17:50   #11
Mr_Modem
Emulator Lord

It's a pity that WinUAE Kaillera is based on an old version of WinUAE. It have happend a lot since WinUAE 0.8.14.