English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 09 January 2023, 14:27   #1
DisasterIncarna

MiddleMouse/Window Focus

Not sure what im doing wrong and i hope it is a simple fix, but when i use middlemouse to drop focus from the emulation window to do something on my 2nd monitor, all is well, until i reclick back into the FS-UAE window, when clicking icons/etc it seems as tho the emulator is acting as if shift or ctrl is being held down constantly after i reclick back into the FS-UAE window, is there a setting/option somewhere that stops this behaviour? its happened to me on both linux and windows and im not sure how to disable this if its a feature?
Old 06 October 2023, 03:16   #2
DisasterIncarna

Ok, I still have no idea why this is happening, tried allsorts and still get this issue randomly when using MiddleMouse to unfocus the emulation window and then clicking back into focus, sometimes all is well for a few times, sometimes it acts up on the first unfocus/refocus.

I made a quick youtube video showing what is wrong, the video shows my emulated system with a shell window open and my Linux/Xubuntu system with Konsole open, i type something on the emulated system, then middlemouse to drop focus so i can type the same thing in my linux konsole window, then i move/click back into the emulated system to repeat those steps.

If you watch i think the emulated system acts like shift is being held on after the first attempt, instead of "///" being typed i get "???", i repeat this, even when its not working right and it eventually just works again only to then later on once more act like shift is being held.

I have no sticky keys type of thing enabled, those always annoy me and get turned off, this has happened to me on both windoze and linux and on the current FS-UAE and various older versions, when it happens seems to be utterly random.

Any ideas whats occuring?

Youtube vid showcasing issue.
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 06 October 2023, 11:46   #3
DisasterIncarna

issue still happens, but after refocusing the emulated window i have found that if i mash my enter button the shifted key behaviour goes away, until it randomly happens again when i middle mouse out of the window and i have to mash enter again... and again.

so at least i know how to temporarily fix the issue without a quit/restart but no idea why it happens at all in the first place.
Old 30 October 2023, 13:39   #4
DisasterIncarna

So, thankfully FS-UAE and WinUAE are not at fault here, purely by chance/accident i found out what is causing the Shift Key being held issue was.

Turns out its due to the default settings of FreeWheel, i didnt even know this commodity had options until i accidentally clicked SHOW in Exchange on the wrong thing and opened up prefs for FreeWheel by accident, there i find that it has options for MiddleMouse/4th Mouse Button for custom actions and middlemouse click is set to SHIFT, which obviously was glitching somewhere along the line given that FS-UAE also uses middlemouse to drop focus from the emulation environment so i can move over to my 2nd monitor to click things there.

Changed all those middlemouse options to INACTIVE, saved the prefs and now i have no issues at all when swapping in/out of emulation focus.

Not sure where i got FreeWheel for in the first place but its defaults are set in such a way that this unexpected glitch can happen, but at least i know what the issue is now when i setup future installs.

So this can now be flagged/marked as Resolved.
Old 30 October 2023, 14:55   #5
mark_k

It still seems to be a bug though? When you set the emulator to use your actual middle mouse button to uncapture the mouse/focus, shouldn't it completely hide emulated middle mouse button presses from the emulated Amiga?
Old 30 October 2023, 15:03   #6
DisasterIncarna

i think the issue is that both activate at the same time and freewheel holding shift get stuck as the window loses focus, only it doesnt register the fact middlemouse isnt held when the window refocuses?

not sure which is to blame in that scenario, maybe if i test a bunch of other programs that could set shift as a hotkey and try a similar thing and see if they also get stuck?