English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Collections

Old 28 December 2019, 14:47   #21
Sandancer

I'm glad you done that sTe, hopefully they will contact you, remember I'm always here if you need help.
Old 30 December 2019, 13:57   #22
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sTe View Post

Yeah reach out if you get the disks, I have a Kryoflux ... testing a few other flux devices...
What "other flux devices"...?
Old 30 December 2019, 14:51   #23
sTe

https://github.com/catphish/flex-flo...b-mass-storage
This one presents a floppy disk image as a mass storage USB device. If you have linux you use dd, in windows you use USB Image Tool 1.76. Its awesome fast, image an Amiga disk in 40 seconds. However, if the disk has problems / needs cleaning ... the image stops ... nothing is dumped, and all is lost. Early days though.

https://github.com/keirf/Greaseweazle
This one, captures to SCP file format. I can see the same issues I had with Kryoflux with SCP. Captures take a little longer than Kryoflux ... there are no repair options though. Keir is working on a feature to capture direct to ADF file format. He knows about the feedback of wanting to repair ... again, all early days.

I will create a new post if anything further is developed. Very interesting projects.
Old 30 December 2019, 15:35   #24
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sTe View Post
https://github.com/catphish/flex-flo...b-mass-storage
This one presents a floppy disk image as a mass storage USB device. If you have linux you use dd, in windows you use USB Image Tool 1.76. Its awesome fast, image an Amiga disk in 40 seconds. However, if the disk has problems / needs cleaning ... the image stops ... nothing is dumped, and all is lost. Early days though.

https://github.com/keirf/Greaseweazle
This one, captures to SCP file format. I can see the same issues I had with Kryoflux with SCP. Captures take a little longer than Kryoflux ... there are no repair options though. Keir is working on a feature to capture direct to ADF file format. He knows about the feedback of wanting to repair ... again, all early days.

I will create a new post if anything further is developed. Very interesting projects.
I know of Greaseweazle as I made a thread on it and using it at present.

I am not familiar with FlexFloppy. How do you build this, I can't see the interface it is using? I did see details for the SMT board but not sure if it needs certain wiring?
Old 30 December 2019, 19:41   #25
sTe

Dunno, im wished i understood all the lower level stuff. Maybe pm @catphish ... I am unsure if development is moving to a greaseweazle (v2) board as the two are looking very similar. If you already have a v1 board, I dont believe there is much difference in v1 / v2.

I do like the 40 second disk reads though
Exciting times to see what is possible though.
Old 30 December 2019, 20:40   #26
lesta_smsc

I can't believe how well and quick it is to write disks!
Old 02 January 2020, 11:43   #27
solarmon

I use Greaseweazle and am beta testing FlexFloppy.

Greaseweazle is great and has a lot of potential, especially with Keir behind it. I use it as part of my work flow when restoring original game floppy disks.

FlexFloppy, as it is now, only supports AmigaDOS 880K disks and ADF image files. There are currently some user experience issues with it at the moment which catphish is looking in to.
Old 02 January 2020, 14:38   #28
lesta_smsc

To my answer my own post, @catphish already responded as to what device is being used in response to my question to him so I am aware of it lol:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=1348742
Old 20 September 2020, 21:36   #29
D13TZ13

Did anyone ever hear anything else about this collection? Did it get imaged at any point?

I remember seeing it while the auction was running, regretted not putting in a bid.

D13TZ13