English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 19 September 2019, 22:36   #1
Lord Riton

[Found: Suicide Express] Please help me find that C64 game

I forgot the name.

It was a futuristic (i think) train game, with a top view. The train went to the right with a horizontal scrolling. We had to choose up or down between the forks. The scrolling view only took a portion verticaly of the screen, but whole screen horizontaly (if i remember correct).
At the end of the game, when we lost, there was a vocal message , Something like: "Game over, your score is 00000"
It was a fast game, with fast scrolling.

I'm not sure if that is correct, but i have a light memory that it was a Russian game (?) or at least some names were Russian towns (?)

Thank you.
Old 20 September 2019, 09:33   #2
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Riton View Post
I forgot the name.

It was a futuristic (i think) train game, with a top view. The train went to the right with a horizontal scrolling. We had to choose up or down between the forks. The scrolling view only took a portion verticaly of the screen, but whole screen horizontaly (if i remember correct).
At the end of the game, when we lost, there was a vocal message , Something like: "Game over, your score is 00000"
It was a fast game, with fast scrolling.

I'm not sure if that is correct, but i have a light memory that it was a Russian game (?) or at least some names were Russian towns (?)

Thank you.
Welcome to Suicide Express! Your score: Zero zero zero zero zero zero!

I actually preferred the earlier version Loco (published by Alligata, my first ever C64 original) and Tony Crowther also released it for the third time as Black Thunder for Quicksilva.

Last edited by Codetapper; 20 September 2019 at 09:36. Reason: Added Loco and Quicksilva links.
Old 20 September 2019, 23:10   #3
gdunlapsd

Thank you!! Black Thunder is the game I've been trying to find that I used to play 30 years ago; the copy I had was misnamed "Judge Dredd", and I had no idea (at least recently when I wanted to find it again - my old disks are now long gone) what the real name was!
Old 21 September 2019, 00:47   #4
Lord Riton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
Welcome to Suicide Express! Your score: Zero zero zero zero zero zero!

I actually preferred the earlier version Loco (published by Alligata, my first ever C64 original) and Tony Crowther also released it for the third time as Black Thunder for Quicksilva.
Thank you ! That is the game yeah !