English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old Yesterday, 00:58   #1
ZEUSDAZ

Politically Incorrect Games of the ZX Spectrum.

Well if you ever owned a ZX Spectrum back in the day (like me before following it up with an A500) then I'm sure many of you played these games featured in this video at some point during those gaming days, great fun enjoyable games (well the first 3 in this video are at least) but seriously questionable and would most likely never stand a chance of being officially released in today's over the top PC correctness cancel culture wokey world.

So what is it about these featuered games that make them very UN-PC but at the same time still damn good fun to play?!, well lets all sit down and take a trip down memory lane whilst we go through 6 games I have personally chosen to review which would be a NO NO today.

I hope you all enjoy this video.
Politically Incorrect Games of the ZX Spectrum (Full Commentary): [ Show youtube player ]

Note: no adult games or games containing gore will be featured as they were initially intended for adults and not for kids.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pig.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	82921  
Old Yesterday, 01:24   #2
stx2199

Benny Hill

he tries to steal the poor woman's clothes and escape.

also the unevolved milenials in the UK ie communists and feminists banned the TV program because they said is so exist and politically incorrect
so has to apply for the spectrum video game too
Old Yesterday, 04:17   #3
CCCP alert

Benny Hill the panty sniffer It's actually quite an impressive game.
Old Yesterday, 12:33   #4
Paulee_Alex_Bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEUSDAZ View Post
today's over the top PC correctness cancel culture wokey world.
Don’t be daft. This is a chill forum for computer nerds, not a place for such divisive rhetoric.

Last edited by Paulee_Alex_Bow; Yesterday at 12:43.
Old Today, 00:06   #5
pandy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulee_Alex_Bow View Post
Don’t be daft. This is a chill forum for computer nerds, not a place for such divisive rhetoric.
Computer nerds usually stays within true/false world and nowadays this world usually =/= cancel culture politically correct world...
Old Today, 00:24   #6
Megalomaniac

Whatever you think of Benny Hill's comedy nowadays (and I'm not convinced that people actually took his act's behaviour as something to celebrate, or set out to imitate it), Don Priestley was the perfect person to bring it to life. Rationally, I can see that the Laundry was Loopy because it was in an unrealistic Manic Miner style platformer, not because of the background of the launderette owner, but I can imagine how I would have felt had I been of Chinese background and had the game's core stereotype used against me - or if I were said kid's parent, probably unfamiliar with Manic Miner and the like at that time. I'm fine with Mad Nurse though.

In such divisive times, I think the original post would be better without the stroppy political language. And what is Political Correctness Correctness?

Last edited by Megalomaniac; Today at 01:16.
Old Today, 00:47   #7
aeberbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy71 View Post
Computer nerds usually stays within true/false world and nowadays this world usually =/= cancel culture politically correct world...

To keep the generalization going, those who talk about cancel culture and political correctness usually are trying to say (ironically in a politically correct way), "#$%@ your feelings".

I really hope we have moved on from such cringeworthy nonsense as UK TV from the 80s: Benny Hill, Dick Emery, Are You Being Served, Love Thy Neighbour etc.... it wasn't something to remember fondly. Australia wasn't much better, if you have seen Kingswood Country you'll know. Any of us who were around to experience it are certainly old enough to know better.
Old Today, 00:56   #8
rare_j
Zone Friend

There’s a tonne of places on the internet where people can gripe about politics. Can we keep it off eab please?
Old Today, 00:58   #9
lmimmfn

Yes, agreed, can we keep this crap off this forum, I come here to enjoy my Amiga passion, NOT deal with politics crap that has infested everything/everywhere else.

*EDIT* Just want to comment that OP and video is good but just not political discussion.

Last edited by lmimmfn; Today at 01:52.
Old Today, 03:51   #10
ZEUSDAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCP alert View Post

I didn't experience that game mate, I only included the ones I grew up with in this video, I know there's plenty more out there.

Now excuse me while I go off now and load up Mr. Wong's Loopy Laundry
Old Today, 03:52   #11
ZEUSDAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeberbach View Post
I really hope we have moved on from such cringeworthy nonsense as UK TV from the 80s: Benny Hill, Dick Emery, Are You Being Served, Love Thy Neighbour etc.... it wasn't something to remember fondly. Australia wasn't much better, if you have seen Kingswood Country you'll know. Any of us who were around to experience it are certainly old enough to know better.

Just to say not all cringy, yep no doubt some were pretty crap but there were also some British corkers of the time, Mind your language, Rising Damp and Till death do us part shows were brilliantly written and funny, still watch them today every few years as own the DVDs, makes me piss myself laughing which feels alot better than crying on the sofa

Anyways this is about questionable 8-bit games on the ZX I experienced as a kid, tv shows good or bad is for another thread somewhere else if there is one.
Old Today, 04:45   #12
stx2199

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCP alert View Post
yep, specially the new 128k version with music
Old Today, 19:47   #13
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeberbach View Post
To keep the generalization going, those who talk about cancel culture and political correctness usually are trying to say (ironically in a politically correct way), "#$%@ your feelings".
In a way is true, we had to @#$% our feelings ourselves and develop some thickness because the rest of the world DGAF, why cannot be done today?
Old Today, 20:04   #14
TCD
Global Moderator

Any political discussion stops here. Talking about old games is fine, talking about political opinions is not.