English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 12 January 2002, 23:10   #1
Doozy

Darkseed CD32

Anyone know how to get this game working through WinUAE? I have made a config that will run the game from a hard-drive directory, but I can't control the cursor. Any ideas anyone?

Cheers in advance....

Old 12 January 2002, 23:13   #2
RetroMan

Yes, use Project32 ..... it allready supports DarkSeed and it really runs fine

You can download it here : http://www.world-free.com/wk1/PJ32v10.zip
Old 12 January 2002, 23:16   #3
Doozy

hmmmm......

Yeah I tried that first, but it just crashes and WinXP asks if I want to send them a crash report. Any ideas on that one? Mind you, I'm using the iso image mounted through Daemon tools and not an actual physical CD.

Old 12 January 2002, 23:19   #4
RetroMan

Yep Uninstall XP

No seriously ...... I don´t know ! I do not have XP and I don´t want to have it ....... some others have to answer this then
Old 12 January 2002, 23:24   #5
Ian
Global Moderator

I had that as well (Probably doesn't help not being able to speak or read a world of german, well I know one, but why would he put Scheiße in there)

Anyway I got round this problem by just using the version of WinUAE that comes with it. Just add a HD Directory but just select your (virtual) CD drive letter instead of a folder (Which I assume you normal do)

Anyway if you still have problems ask again, I'm sure someone will know

BTW, I didn't try it with the game you mentioned because I don't have it, but it did work fine with some others
Old 12 January 2002, 23:31   #6
Doozy

Okay I got it working (sort of)

I went into the WinUAE directory of project32 and double clicked the WINUAE icon and Darkseed ran, and I was able to control the cursor fine. However, I wish to run this game at 640x480 fullscreen and to be able to control the cursor with the mouse. Ultimately, all I wish to do is control the cursor with my mouse through my current WinUAE. Anyone reckon this is possible?

O.T. Is it worth burning this ISO image onto CD? If so which program do I use? (I've tried Nero, but it doesn't recognise the cue or bin files) Does anyone have any high quality scans of the CD artwork, so I can print out a nice CD cover and back?

Cheers again all.....

Old 12 January 2002, 23:41   #7
oldpx

Nero DOES recognise the .cue files. Select Burn Image from the file menu and show your cue file. it'll not display it by default so you'll have to select "all files" in the file requester

Make sure your .cue contains the exact path of .bin or your cd will bu unusable. cue is a text file you may edit it in notepad.

Old 12 January 2002, 23:43   #8
Ian
Global Moderator

Re: Okay I got it working (sort of)

Quote:
Originally posted by Doozy
I went into the WinUAE directory of project32 and double clicked the WINUAE icon and Darkseed ran, and I was able to control the cursor fine. However, I wish to run this game at 640x480 fullscreen and to be able to control the cursor with the mouse. Ultimately, all I wish to do is control the cursor with my mouse through my current WinUAE. Anyone reckon this is possible?
Try it, it might using the method I describe above, or by adding PC drives at startup in the Hard drive options bit of WinUAE and here comes the tricky bit (For me anyway, my computers to fast to do it) get the Amiga boot options to come up by pressing both mouse buttons at the same time whilst WinUAE is booting up the Amiga (different shades of grey), if your computer is anything like mine it'll take for ages to get this to happen (if anyone knows an easier way to access the boot options please share it)
Quote:
O.T. Is it worth burning this ISO image onto CD? If so which program do I use? (I've tried Nero, but it doesn't recognise the cue or bin files) Does anyone have any high quality scans of the CD artwork, so I can print out a nice CD cover and back?
Only you can decide whether or not to waste a CD on an Amiga game

But if you do I recommend the Blindwrite Suite, it recognises most (if not all) other types of ISO (CDRWin, nero, CloneCD?), aswell as it's own, so if you have that most of the bases are covered.

There are a few sites with cover scans, but I don't know the url's I'm affraid.

Last edited by Ian; 12 January 2002 at 23:50.
Old 12 January 2002, 23:52   #9
Doozy

well.....

Is there a HD install of this game anywhere that allows you to use the mouse? I've looked at WHDLoad and JST with no luck.

Old 13 January 2002, 00:03   #10
RetroMan

Re: Okay I got it working (sort of)

Quote:
However, I wish to run this game at 640x480 fullscreen and to be able to control the cursor with the mouse. Ultimately, all I wish to do is control the cursor with my mouse through my current WinUAE. Anyone reckon this is possible?
Sure it is Just go inside the CONFIGURATIONS directory within your install of Project32, there should be the DEFAULT.UAE file .... open it with notepad and edit the following lines :

joyport0=mouse to joyport1=kbd2
joyport1=kbd2 to joyport1=mouse

and finally :

gfx_width=800 to gfx_width=640
gfx_height=600 to gfx_height=480

and :

gfx_fullscreen_amiga=false to gfx_fullscreen_amiga=true

That should do the trick
Old 13 January 2002, 01:44   #11
Doozy

nah mouse not working.... :(

Maybe this game on the CD32 wasn't actually intended to be played using the mouse

Cheers for all your help guys.

Old 13 January 2002, 01:54   #12
RetroMan

Does the gfx thingy work then ??? I haven´t tried myself, it was only a guess
Old 13 January 2002, 15:07   #13
derSammler

Re: hmmmm......

Quote:
Yeah I tried that first, but it just crashes and WinXP asks if I want to send them a crash report. Any ideas on that one? Mind you, I'm using the iso image mounted through Daemon tools and not an actual physical CD.
I try to fix that in the next version of Project32. Seems like WinUAE 0.8.14 don't run in a window under WinXP with visual themes enabled. Disable visual themes or modify the Default.uae and replace:

gfx_fullscreen_amiga=false

with:

gfx_fullscreen_amiga=true
Old 13 January 2002, 15:30   #14
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Darkseed Resolution

How is UAE at emulation High Res interlaced games?

High Res Lace was not used very often, and it might simply be that the mode you are trying to force the game to play in is a lower resolution than the original game.

I cannot for the life of me remember if the game was 640x512 or not. Just a thought.
Old 13 January 2002, 15:35   #15
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
How is UAE at emulation High Res interlaced games?
I don't know, but I think I don't even have to know... I can assume that HR interlaced games work if I can use HR interlace in my Workbench.
And it's been fucking up my screen ever since whenever I changed to HRI mode, leaving behind a graphical mess...
Old 13 January 2002, 17:09   #16
BippyM
Global Moderator

UAE doesn't seem to support hi-res laced games too well. Pinball fantasies and Slam Tilt both switch to hi-res during multi-ball and when it does the gfx become glitched. When it reverts to lo-res it is fine again