English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 17 December 2014, 15:02   #1
Washac

Setting up FS-UAE/WinUAE ?

I used to run UAE on my Mac but with the advent of the many OS updates and the Mac version no longer supported I am turning towards setting up FS-UAE for my Amiga emulation needs, It took me an age to get UAE to where I wanted it using several guides.

I would like to set it up for a 500 & 1200 with one good sized hard drive, so if any good lead by the hand type guides are available that would be good.

Or if things would be easier to use WinUAE then a guide for that would be good aslo because I can run that under windows 7 which I run on my Mac.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Washac; 17 December 2014 at 15:06. Reason: double post
Old 29 December 2014, 10:50   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi, I think one of the reasons you haven't got any reply is because your question(s) is kind of open and non-specific. It is always much easier for people to answer specific questions

As for Amiga model, you only need to choose either Amiga 500 or Amiga 1200 in FS-UAE Launcher.

http://fs-uae.net/using-hard-drives has some considerations and information about the different hard drive types you can use in FS-UAE. But if you don't have any reasons for anything else, I would recommend a directory hard drive.
Old 08 January 2015, 09:33   #3
Washac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
Hi, I think one of the reasons you haven't got any reply is because your question(s) is kind of open and non-specific. It is always much easier for people to answer specific questions

As for Amiga model, you only need to choose either Amiga 500 or Amiga 1200 in FS-UAE Launcher.

http://fs-uae.net/using-hard-drives has some considerations and information about the different hard drive types you can use in FS-UAE. But if you don't have any reasons for anything else, I would recommend a directory hard drive.
Thanks