Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 18 October 2020, 11:17   #101
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! View Post
@Mad-Matt

Would you Copy and Paste or attach your A4K CSPPC config? Picasso96 or P96, CGX4? I am Not at all able to repeat your screen shots. 2 days now..I cannot repeat. All I get locks with Window Mode or Not Enough Memory with OS 3.1, 3.5.. Many combos attempted. Shouldn't be required.

Appreciate it.
I've attached my UAE Configuration. I've mentioned many times that i'm only testing/using CGFX as its what i'm familiar with. Configuration wise its pretty much the exact same procedure as your CVisionPPC setup only being mindful you have half the video ram to work with. So no windows backgrounds as that can easily eat up a whole meg. Also Hardware Accelerated 3D is only available in 15 bit modes.
Attached Files
File Type: uae A4000-060-CVision3D-WarpOS.uae (16.4 KB, 108 views)
Old 18 October 2020, 20:22   #102
Seiya

however i saw that, with the same hardware, warp3D demo run very very slow with Cybergfx driver compared to Picasso 96.
Old 18 October 2020, 20:27   #103
Zilog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiya View Post
however i saw that, with the same hardware, warp3D demo run very very slow with Cybergfx driver compared to Picasso 96.

Seya,
but if you run warptest with Cybergraphics you see a 3d image?

Thanks a lot.
Old 18 October 2020, 23:34   #104
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Matt View Post
I've attached my UAE Configuration. I've mentioned many times that i'm only testing/using CGFX as its what i'm familiar with. Configuration wise its pretty much the exact same procedure as your CVisionPPC setup only being mindful you have half the video ram to work with. So no windows backgrounds as that can easily eat up a whole meg. Also Hardware Accelerated 3D is only available in 15 bit modes.

I got all that. I'm using a fresh OS 3.5 install. Warp3D 4.2a installed. CGFX 4 hardware, 3DHardware is ViRGE 2.1 as 3.0 will not function at all. So far. Which means also I don't have a Workbench background either. I understand about keeping graphical memory very low.

I've also tried Interlace Low Res screen so I could at least see the icon and start the game. That wasn't enough, still...lock.

640x480 15-bit Workbench screen, RAM icon, Hard Drive icon (3.5), Wipeout game Icon (3.5), that's all for this test install. I'm using Windowed mode for Wipeout attempting to at least reproduce the results you shared. So far, every time I click play I get the window frame, but gray inside it then mouse pointer is frozen but I'm able to reboot CTRL+Amiga+Amiga. If I leave WinUAE set as Full Screen AND I use Full Screen 15-bit mode I see a very quick flash a what looks like an image buffer attempting to display and then black.

I see you had A4000T.rom, which I didn't (40.68) but that didn't help. So now I'm wondering am I missing something software related? Have you installed the Mesa software? I did..once but it didn't seem to help. I might not have gotten it completely configured. I also reinstalled my Windows 7 nVIDIA graphics driver which has been doing great but that didn't help. I'm guessing I should have another look at that Mesa software. Otherwise, I don't see why I can't reproduce. Hmm..

If I have ToolType NOPASSTHOUGH disabled then I'm able to End+ F9 and cycle through grey/blank Chipset screen and Workbench 15-Bit mode where the mouse is frozen in place. So emulated Amiga isn't crashed.

Heh...now I'm wishing CVisionPPC is the selected 3D choice.

Update: If I leave Workbench 640x480x15 and run game, select Double Buffer 640x480x15 the same result. If I select 800x600x15 then I'm presented with Not Enough (Video) Memory. Which I suspected which doesn't happen with 640x480x15.
Old 18 October 2020, 23:43   #105
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

I'm not sure what you mean by "3DHardware is ViRGE 2.1 as 3.0 will not function at all " as this isnt selectable anywhere? Just be sure to be using Latest WarpOS 5.1 and Warp3D 4.2a. No benefit to using older versions.

What about your monitor settings?

Important settings there are :-
Bitmapcache=YES
Dragging=NO
Multimediamem=NO (For Warp3D), Multimediamem=YES is required for anything using cybervirgin.lib

also for Warp3D 68k&PPC

Env vars:-

cybergraphx/usesemaphores=1
Powerpc/gfxaddr=$40000000
Powerpc/force=1

Stormmesa instalation is not required. In the case of wipeout, it seems it was getting stuck allocating paula audio for some odd reason. If you setup AHI paula or anything else, the game will run every time now.

Finally, Payback (Hardware3D mode) working on the CVision3D. who knew! Jest requires turning off the lens flare fx as they dont render correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PaybackW3D.png
Views:	112
Size:	283.1 KB
ID:	69396  

Last edited by Mad-Matt; 19 October 2020 at 18:37.
Old 19 October 2020, 04:45   #106
AC/DC HACKER!

Updated ENVARC: settings.. I thought StormMesa wouldn't be..but. I don't have a Cybervigin.lib here. Something is amiss..and I have Zero idea of what it is. I don't have the archive WarpOS 5.1, not locating it but I have all the libs from it...for years ago. So that's not it. Or.....shouldn't be it. Hmm...

I reinstalled AHI for my main image and test images. Didn't change anything.
Old 19 October 2020, 07:47   #107
AC/DC HACKER!

"Finally, Payback (Hardware3D mode) working on the CVision3D. who knew! Jest requires turning off the lens flare fx as they dont render correctly."

I've known. I don't have it showing here, yet, but I've known.
Old 19 October 2020, 21:36   #108
AC/DC HACKER!

I reinstalled AHI 4, deleted old prefs and settings but didn't help. I think I recall about an update for Windows that WinUAE needed? I'm checking..
Old 19 October 2020, 21:43   #109
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
I think I recall about an update for Windows that WinUAE needed? I'm checking..
As far as I'm aware; this is just to be able to use DirectX: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=8109
Old 19 October 2020, 22:28   #110
AC/DC HACKER!

I appreciate the help, a lot, I reinstalled DirectX also from my archives. Waaahh! Haha...that didn't do it. I'm going to try with my Windows 10 USB install and check what happens with that. I still think there's either a particular bug Orrrrr...I'm missing something like one of the Warp3D HWdriver versions.
Old 19 October 2020, 22:37   #111
Zilog

Quote:
I appreciate the help, a lot, I reinstalled DirectX also from my archives. Waaahh! Haha...that didn't do it. I'm going to try with my Windows 10 USB install and check what happens with that. I still think there's either a particular bug Orrrrr...I'm missing something like one of the Warp3D HWdriver versions.

Hi AC/DC HACKER,
i lost track of your problem, don't work winaue or don't work Warp3D with CGX+CV643D?
Old 20 October 2020, 02:49   #112
AC/DC HACKER!

Greetings Zilog,

I have an OS 3.5 install I've had since the 90's..or so. Picasso96 2.0 and CGX4+last update.. Switchable via scripts I made. Right now, CGX4 is enabled. This functions very well with my true A4000+Cyberstorm PPC + CyberVisionPPC + Picasso 4.

With WinUAE, and current beta with CV643D..and adding the CV643D driver, Wipeout 2097 and 3D games are locking on the screen or Window if I use that option of Wipeout. Where Mad-Matt is seeing the screens..I'm not.

Libs:Warp3D/GFXdrivers/W3D_CyberGfx4.library 4.2
Libs:Warp3D/GFXdrivers/W3D_CyberGfx4_PPC.library 4.2

Libs:Warp3D/HWdrivers/W3D_ViRGE.library 2.1
Libs:Warp3D/HWdrivers/W3D_ViRGE_PPC.library 2.1.

V3.0 versions don't seem to work well at all...??

powerpc.library 1.6 beta 1
warp.library 5.1
Warp3D.library 4.2
Warp3D_PPC.library 4.2
WarpHW.library 1.0

These are the files I know of so far. From Warp3D 4.2a and Warp3D 5.1 Update. I haven't come across 5..so perhaps there are some drivers I'm missing? That's what I'm thinking. I had all the settings in ENVARC:PowerPC and ENVARC:CyberGraphX set almost completely correct, thanks to Mad-Matt for the update.

What's happening: Payback WOS - powerpc.library has a crash message when a hardware screen mode is selected and accessed. Leaving a black screen. Have to Amiga-M to flip screens. Wipeout 2096 displays the Wipeout AMIGA window and then mouse it stuck. Once in a while I see a powerpc.library crash data window. If I use Full Screen game screen, it shows as black but am able to Amiga-M.

So, I think I'm missing an updated driver.
Old 20 October 2020, 05:25   #113
Zilog

Quote:
Greetings Zilog,I have an OS 3.5 install I've had since the 90's..or so. Picasso96 2.0 and CGX4+last update.. Switchable via scripts I made. Right now, CGX4 is enabled. This functions very well with my true A4000+Cyberstorm PPC + CyberVisionPPC + Picasso 4.
You have very complex configuration,I am new be of pcc worls, but I tell you what I know for now.
Maybe it simplifies the configuration for start and then add all the improvements you have made over time; create a test hdf.

Quote:
With WinUAE, and current beta with CV643D..and adding the CV643D driver, Wipeout 2097 and 3D games are locking on the screen or Window if I use that option of Wipeout. Where Mad-Matt is seeing the screens..I'm not.

Libs:Warp3D/GFXdrivers/W3D_CyberGfx4.library 4.2
Libs:Warp3D/GFXdrivers/W3D_CyberGfx4_PPC.library 4.2

Libs:Warp3D/HWdrivers/W3D_ViRGE.library 2.1
Libs:Warp3D/HWdrivers/W3D_ViRGE_PPC.library 2.1.

V3.0 versions don't seem to work well at all...??
I did not know if v2.1 are more stable respet v3.0, will do a test for to see resolve a problem with warp3d on cgx. (too beta6 of winaue CGX and Warp3d can be do problem)

Quote:
powerpc.library 1.6 beta 1
warp.library 5.1
Warp3D.library 4.2
Warp3D_PPC.library 4.2
WarpHW.library 1.0

These are the files I know of so far. From Warp3D 4.2a and Warp3D 5.1 Update. I haven't come across 5..so perhaps there are some drivers I'm missing? That's what I'm thinking. I had all the settings in ENVARC:PowerPC and ENVARC:CyberGraphX set almost completely correct, thanks to Mad-Matt for the update.

warp.library 5.1 is installed when install WarpOS, if my memory not wrong, into cd os 3.9 is present the version 5.0...i don't no, if to exist a update from 5.0 to 5.1 or only library 5.1 , to investigate....

Quote:
What's happening: Payback WOS - powerpc.library has a crash message when a hardware screen mode is selected and accessed. Leaving a black screen. Have to Amiga-M to flip screens. Wipeout 2096 displays the Wipeout AMIGA window and then mouse it stuck. Once in a while I see a powerpc.library crash data window. If I use Full Screen game screen, it shows as black but am able to Amiga-M.

So, I think I'm missing an updated driver.
For now Toni is focused for resolve a problem with 68k, later will analyze the problem with PPc...maybe just wait, even if Mad-Matt already works.

I haven't been of much help to you, I know

Laters will start update main thread a part with ppc conf.

Very interesting you conf.
Thanks a lot.
Old 20 October 2020, 07:07   #114
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilog View Post
You have very complex configuration,I am new be of pcc worls, but I tell you what I know for now.
Maybe it simplifies the configuration for start and then add all the improvements you have made over time; create a test hdf.

Most stuff is setup for WarpOS with my main System and other add-ons through the years. My test .hdf isn't so "complex" but is also noticing the problems..with WinUAE.

Quote:
warp.library 5.1 is installed when install WarpOS, if my memory not wrong, into cd os 3.9 is present the version 5.0...i don't no, if to exist a update from 5.0 to 5.1 or only library 5.1 , to investigate....

I recently remembered it's located on my OS 3.9 CD. I updated to 5.0 a long time ago..then forgot where it was...since I haven't had any need in years to reinstall it. I keep LZX archives of my installs, Libs, and other stuff. So, rarely need CDs.

Quote:
For now Toni is focused for resolve a problem with 68k, later will analyze the problem with PPc...maybe just wait, even if Mad-Matt's already works.

I'm not in any actual hurry. I see a few others with success also and I've been hoping for it for a long time. It's close. I might find the missing file or setting soon, shall see.

Quote:
I haven't been of much help to you, I know

You're attempting to help, and that's welcomed. I tried WinUAE and my HDF on some other computers..and same things happens; using Windows 7. I also tried with my test Windows 10, and it happened. So, it's not Windows.

Quote:
Laters will start update main thread a part with ppc conf.

Very interesting you conf.
Thanks a lot.

Old 20 October 2020, 19:18   #115
AC/DC HACKER!

I got success with Payback, using 68K version and 3D hardware enabled..it brings up the main menu slowly and some graphics are missing but it's a 3D display vs 2D. As with Mad-Matt I expected it to be slow with all moment and it is. I can see improvements to be made. Graphics glitches but I at least got a display and into the game...as well as exited. WarpOS version and Wipeout 2097...same as before.
Old 21 October 2020, 05:48   #116
AC/DC HACKER!

P96 2.4.4 gets the same results as CGX4..last update. Also, if I drag a drawer around by the bottom left..with ether of these 2, drag lines are noticed. 4.2.0.0. B7..this didn't happen, the lines.

Next......in a bit, is Picasso 2.0..
Old 21 October 2020, 14:12   #117
Seiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilog View Post
Seya,
but if you run warptest with Cybergraphics you see a 3d image?

Thanks a lot.
no, it crashes with guru 8000000B
with Picasso 96 i installed WarpOS and support is now much better even if for any WarpOS apps i have terminate powerPC.library
Old 21 October 2020, 14:43   #118
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiya View Post
no, it crashes with guru 8000000B
Some WB setups crash this way, some work (but if CGX, textured version is blank in warptest, non-textured works. Both work if P96).

I assume it is some library/device/something dependency problem and not emulation problem.

The main problem is CGX not showing anything if program wants to draw textured objects. (CGX driver actually stops writing anything to Virge 3D registers in this situation so it appears like there is some hidden switch that disables texturing or something..). Contact me privately if you have WB setup that has working warptest texturing in CGX4 + CV64/3D setup.

PPC + hardware 3D is still unsupported. m68k is x^y times easier to debug. So better find more smallish m68k 3D programs that have problems
Old 21 October 2020, 18:38   #119
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Some WB setups crash this way, some work (but if CGX, textured version is blank in warptest, non-textured works. Both work if P96).

I assume it is some library/device/something dependency problem and not emulation problem.

The main problem is CGX not showing anything if program wants to draw textured objects. (CGX driver actually stops writing anything to Virge 3D registers in this situation so it appears like there is some hidden switch that disables texturing or something..). Contact me privately if you have WB setup that has working warptest texturing in CGX4 + CV64/3D setup.

PPC + hardware 3D is still unsupported. m68k is x^y times easier to debug. So better find more smallish m68k 3D programs that have problems

So, software CPU 68K 3D support is being debugged but is the reason for funky displays and slow speeds (Payback 68K using 3D display, XIII demo, WarpTest demo..) and why Hardware 3D (Wipeout 2096, Payback WOS 3D rendered screens) crash or "lock". Unsupported yet.
After I got Payback to display a 3D screen, with the better looking 3D textures vs 2D...I decided to check the 1MB memory limit. So I repeated my CGX 4+last update with my complex A4000 System. Workbench background, and DOpus 5 running on another CGX4 screen. Still Payback 68K would very slowly still display. So it's using FAST RAM rather than CV643D 1MB VRAM. That seems to be the clue to me. When 3D hardware is emulated then the 1MB VRAM will be used.

So I'm confused why Mad-Matt is able to run Wipeout 2096 and get screen shots..and game play happening IF it's only running from CPU vs Hardware... Unless Wazp3D is being used? This is what your last sentence means to me. Debugging 68K for now is much easier to take care of first.

Now that I was able to reproduce what Matt did some, I'll change focus to smaller demos, 68K, and see if I'm able to offer more help.
Old 21 October 2020, 18:51   #120
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

What are you doing to enable/disable the texturing?

On startup of WarpTest you should see the Wall texture which you can spin up and resize with the mouse. You can press T to switch between texturing and shading. This is the same as on Permedia 2 so from my point of view it is expected behavior. The only notable issue I have is that the screen flickers. Maybe a refresh issue. The same effect happens with the Engine demo.

As I've mentioned before I'm only testing with CGX4 and don't know how it reacts with P96.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post