English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 06 December 2017, 15:09   #1
zorblon98

Copying floppy images to disks using A500 - options?

Hey all, I have an A500 with 1.3 Rom, and am looking to copy / write some disk files that I have from the interwebs and older personal collection of music and such.

I have a SD CB - HXC Floppy Emulator REV C cased black from Lotharek, and also have put in the mod in my A500 to swap DF1=DF0. Is it at all possible to use my HXC to write ADF's or disk images to physical floppies? Anyone messed with this with any success?

The only other ideas I've seen online would be to build this cable and use ADTWin: http://m1web.de/ADTWin/ - anyone built / used this with their A500?

Or to possibly use a Kickstart Auto Switcher with a 3.1 Rom in my A500, and the stock 1.3 to switch back to... But not sure if it's possible to get images from my PC to the Amiga without a hard drive on the A500. Is this possible to transfer using Amiga Explorer on a PC and to an Amiga 500 to write directly to a floppy, without using a HD on the Amiga?

I have experience using Amiga Explorer to transfer files and write to disk using my friends A2000. I am familiar with how its done on that machine, just not sure what options I might have for writing to disk using an A500. Any ideas are appreciated, and thanks!

Last edited by zorblon98; 06 December 2017 at 15:18.
Old 06 December 2017, 15:34   #2
Daedalus

If you can use the floppy drive and the HxC at the same time, is it not simply a case of mounting the ADF in the HxC and doing a diskcopy between them using Workbench, or your favourite disk copying tool?
Old 07 December 2017, 01:27   #3
zorblon98

I forgot I used ADF Sender before, and not Amiga Explorer. It totally worked on first attempt!

I just went through the normal steps in the documentation for ADF sender and sent an ADF game file from my PC to DF1 on my Amiga (via null modem). Sometimes it's really surprising to me that these things just work, thanks to those writing these tools to allow such things to happen. Now I can play some of these games I've been wanting to re-live on the real deal.
Old 07 December 2017, 01:32   #4
zorblon98

Also wanted to add, with the agony of waiting forever for certain floppies to load and finally get to the gameplay. Like Shadow of the Beast II. That intro, so awesome, but jeez. Couldn't they have allowed you to skip? I kind of recall having a cracked version that allowed you to do that, but I have the actual disks. I guess I now have the option anyways.