English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 01 December 2004, 19:01   #1
CFou!

Hardware plan of loriciel's phaser (for westphaser&Crazy shot)

Hy Guys

I am looking for printed board of loriciel's phaser because I can't buy it (it's very hard to found)

It's must be not very complex to do

If somebody have it, can you send it to me?

bye
Old 01 December 2004, 19:42   #2
lloyd
Mehh :D

For this project you will need the original circuit board one from a broken one perhaps? You take off all the components and make notes of how and where these components go - making a "parts list" is good at this point. You then scan the bare circuit board (both sides if double sided). Use PSP to make a negative image and clean it up, then print the artwork onto transparent film. Place transparent film onto photosensitive PCB board, expose as normal, etch and drill. Replace all the parts as per the parts list (using new components of course) and there ya go.

Like you said, it's not hard to do, but extremely time consuming. It does give you a nigh on perfect replica though, better than a "ebuild" where you take the circuit diagram, load it into an auto-router type program and re-design a new circuit board.

here is one from a Sectrum that I did - took three weeks, and it really is all my own work, done as described above.

Forget the thumbnail, can't figure out how to attach it. Uploaded to Zone instead...... Comments welcome??

Last edited by lloyd; 01 December 2004 at 19:43. Reason: how do you attach a thumbnail?
Old 01 December 2004, 20:19   #3
CFou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd
For this project you will need the original circuit board one from a broken one perhaps? You take off all the components and make notes of how and where these components go - making a "parts list" is good at this point. You then scan the bare circuit board (both sides if double sided). Use PSP to make a negative image and clean it up, then print the artwork onto transparent film. Place transparent film onto photosensitive PCB board, expose as normal, etch and drill. Replace all the parts as per the parts list (using new components of course) and there ya go.
Yes I know this process but I have not real phaser

Quote:
Like you said, it's not hard to do, but extremely time consuming. It does give you a nigh on perfect replica though, better than a "ebuild" where you take the circuit diagram, load it into an auto-router type program and re-design a new circuit board.
you have write, its better way

Quote:
here is one from a Sectrum that I did - took three weeks, and it really is all my own work, done as described above.

Forget the thumbnail, can't figure out how to attach it. Uploaded to Zone instead...... Comments welcome??

Last edited by CFou!; 01 December 2004 at 20:25.
Old 01 December 2004, 20:26   #4
lloyd

Do you have the circuit diagram? If so, you can design a new PCB. Have a look at http://www.seattlerobotics.org/encod...bsoftware.html

What did you think of my Spectrum PCB? Specbot.gif, uploaded to the Zone.... Is this the kind of thing you are after?
Old 01 December 2004, 21:57   #5
CFou!

Quote:
Do you have the circuit diagram? If so, you can design a new PCB. Have a look at http://www.seattlerobotics.org/encod...bsoftware.html

What did you think of my Spectrum PCB? Specbot.gif, uploaded to the Zone.... Is this the kind of thing you are after?
Yes I'am looking for similar stuff but for loriciel's phaser of course! and with electonics component references
Old 01 December 2004, 22:06   #6
lloyd

Have you ever seen one?
Does it look like this - this is for the STE tho...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=8134466742
Old 01 December 2004, 22:20   #7
oldpx

Sega's phaser looks awfully similar to that one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

And sega master system pads were %100 amiga compatible. Because this one connects to the gamepad port on sega master system, it can probably be used on amiga and might be similar to the one you are looking.

Old 02 December 2004, 15:00   #8
lloyd

looks awfully like the Sinclair version too - I have one somewhere. Wonder if all these phasers are the same, just a different plug???