English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 01 May 2021, 16:15   #1
White

wasapiEX audio works perfectly with many applications

Toni, one of the things I've always tried to do with the 4.1 "UAEGFX" emulation was to make several applications coexist at the same time.

here is a short example of programs used together:

e-uae + emotion player + odyssey browser while watching a video on youtube.

using audio wasapi: default audio device

here the applications come into conflict with each other because the audio is somehow not managed "correctly" and therefore the applications slow down if not even lead to the complete block of the system this occurs slowly and as if the emulation is brought to being saturated until it crashes.

well using the same applications e-uae + emotion player + odyssey browser while watching a video on youtube

but using audio wasapi EX: default: audio device

none of the applications slow down and everything works perfectly without any slowdown in practice the emulation is perfect. this is a fact because it is a practical example

I wanted to ask this wasapi EX audio management could be further improved because it works very well and then maybe it could be further optimized?

because in reality it does not winuae to have problems but at this point it is the management of the chosen audio that leads to slowdowns

only inconvenience but it is not important is that if I record videos the audio is not heard in the capture program. while in winuae the audio works perfectly. but this is not important for emulation because it works much better.

instead one thing i noticed is that the network seems to go slightly slower with wasapiEX: audio device compared to when using wasapi: default audio device

Thanks as always for your patience.
Old 01 May 2021, 17:13   #2
White

I made a video with my mobile phone maybe it is useful and I can make myself understood better:
as you can see using wasapiEX as audio
there is not the slightest slowdown
these applications can't coexist together using wasapi audio would suffer big slowdowns

if you have time take a look
Thank you.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 02 May 2021, 20:44   #3
rutra80

EX stands for exclusive which means that no other program in Windows can use audio when WinUAE uses wasapiEX. See if there is newer version of your audio driver if non-exclusive mode is unstable.
Old 02 May 2021, 21:06   #4
White

@rutra80
thanks i didn't know that EX stood for exclusive that's why i can't record audio :-)

the system is stable when I use EX and also winuae seems to be able to handle the audio better probably for the reason you suggested to me.
Old 03 May 2021, 09:29   #5
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Most important bit is missing: sound chip model? If it is popular integrated realtek and your main board is old, check realtek (not mainboard manufacturer) for updated drivers.
Old 03 May 2021, 21:37   #6
White

@Toni
Thank you for your suggestion,
currently the most updated realtek driver seems to be my native motherboard driver on the asus site
"asus tuf gaming plus b550"
while on realtek there is no more updated driver for:
Realtek S1200A