English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 31 March 2012, 20:04   #41
ant512

Here's a controller config file for the Buffalo USB SNES pad. (It's a great controller, too).
Attached Files
File Type: zip usb_2_axis_8_button_gamepad.ini.zip (368 Bytes, 225 views)
Old 31 March 2012, 20:37   #42
PHabermehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
(btw; did you investigate the picture I posted in your hardware thread?)
Hello Frode,
Yes, I saw the picture - my first thought was:"Give it to me NOW!!!", but then I thought, you are so busy with so many different tasks, I'll just wait a little bit and let things settle a little.
I'll just try to be patient with my rather obscure ideas :-)

Best regards,
Peter
Old 31 March 2012, 22:15   #43
aha2940

Hi!

I just compiled fs-uae 1.0.2 on linux (CentOS 6.2, 32 and 64 bits) but when trying to run it, all I get is this:
Code:
[gpulido@starscream ~]$ fs-uae 
logging to /home/gpulido/.local/share/fs-uae/fs-uae.log

GThread-ERROR **: GThread system may only be initialized once.
aborting...
Aborted (core dumped)
[gpulido@starscream ~]$
and it does nothing. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong? I tested compiling in both CentOS 6.2 32 bits and 64 bits, the results are the same in both cases.

Thanks!

Old 31 March 2012, 22:27   #44
Philantrop

[public git repository]
Quote:
If I were in your shoes, I would want this too :), but I have to balance it against the convenience of being able to "freely abuse git" / commit work in progress (etc) without thinking about other users.
You don't have to worry about people using a git repository. They're completely on their own. Rebase, break building, go nuts - anyone in their right mind will use your releases and anyone who doesn't will have to (and be able to) cope with whatever happens in git. :-)

Quote:
But nothing stops people from sending me patches against the latest source files (I have never got any patches, btw ;)).
That's because there's no public git repo. ;)

Quote:
Also, you can just have your own git repositories where you copy over the source from each new release (and commiting) to get a nice commit / diff for each new release.
I know. git import-tarballs is nice but still inconvenient compared to a real repo. :)
Old 01 April 2012, 00:37   #45
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaOnline View Post
Hi Frode!

Is there currently a way to disable an Amiga key? (using the custom input mapping)
Thx
Hi, not directly no. Depending on what you want to achieve, you can effectively disable an Amiga key by making sure nothing triggers it. For example, say you want to "disable" the Amiga Q key (which is triggered by the host key "Q"), you can do something like:

Code:
keyboard_key_q = action_volume_up
action_volume_up isn't actually implemented, so it doesn't do anything, currently. Ideally, there would be an action_none (I will add it later), but this should work the same, for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiju View Post
Hi, I don't know if this has ever been reported: I use the disk_image_x scheme for switching out disks - once that list exceeds 16 or so, disks, it becomes hard to select the disks beyond that number, because there is no scrolling, it is possible, though: I just need to count the number of my key presses. not that there are that many programs requiring that many disks though
I know, it's even listed in the README under known issues : "Floppy list UI does not support scrolling, so if you have many floppy images in the floppy list, some may be obscured." I will fix it, eventually, just low priority because as you say, not many programs require it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant512 View Post
Here's a controller config file for the Buffalo USB SNES pad. (It's a great controller, too).
Thanks, I'll add it to the next release

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHabermehl View Post
Hello Frode,
Yes, I saw the picture - my first thought was:"Give it to me NOW!!!", but then I thought, you are so busy with so many different tasks, I'll just wait a little bit and let things settle a little.
I'll just try to be patient with my rather obscure ideas :-)
Well, as seen in the screenshot, Picasso96 / UAEgfx works fine now -not very optimized but works (and is fast on my computer) - A4000 / fastest possible mode also works well with Picasso96, but I'm experimenting a bit with the combination of vsync and fastest possible mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aha2940 View Post
Hi!

I just compiled fs-uae 1.0.2 on linux (CentOS 6.2, 32 and 64 bits) but when trying to run it, all I get is this:
Code:
[gpulido@starscream ~]$ fs-uae 
logging to /home/gpulido/.local/share/fs-uae/fs-uae.log

GThread-ERROR **: GThread system may only be initialized once.
aborting...
Aborted (core dumped)
[gpulido@starscream ~]$
and it does nothing. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong? I tested compiling in both CentOS 6.2 32 bits and 64 bits, the results are the same in both cases.

Thanks!
I checked the documentation for g_thread_init, and it says: Since version 2.24, calling g_thread_init() multiple times is allowed, but nothing happens except for the first call.
so I suppose you have Glib < 2.24, and I do call g_thread_init from a couple of different "sub-libraries". I should probably clean this up and make a 1.0.3 release.

You can also try fixing your source quickly: search for all instances of g_thread_init in libfsemu, and remove them all. Then add a call to g_thread_init at the top of the main function in src/main.c.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philantrop View Post
(... no patches...) That's because there's no public git repo.
I seriously don't think that's the/a reason, but I suppose I can't know that for sure
Old 01 April 2012, 02:04   #46
AmigaOnline
Online Amiga Gaming

Quote:
Hi, not directly no. Depending on what you want to achieve, you can effectively disable an Amiga key by making sure nothing triggers it. For example, say you want to "disable" the Amiga Q key (which is triggered by the host key "Q"), you can do something like:

Code:
keyboard_key_q = action_volume_up
action_volume_up isn't actually implemented, so it doesn't do anything, currently. Ideally, there would be an action_none (I will add it later), but this should work the same, for now
Yes, it's what I thought. In fact I'm looking for a way to disable a key on the Amiga side (exactly like the tab key issue you've fixed a few days ago) Do you think that it can be planned?
Old 01 April 2012, 08:34   #47
PHabermehl

Quote:
Well, as seen in the screenshot, Picasso96 / UAEgfx works fine now -not very optimized but works (and is fast on my computer) - A4000 / fastest possible mode also works well with Picasso96, but I'm experimenting a bit with the combination of vsync and fastest possible mode.
Then ... give it to me, please
Old 01 April 2012, 12:36   #48
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Yes, it's what I thought. In fact I'm looking for a way to disable a key on the Amiga side (exactly like the tab key issue you've fixed a few days ago) Do you think that it can be planned?
Could you explain why you want this, so I can fully understand the issue? Is it perhaps related to online gaming where you want to make it impossible for all players to press a specific key, or..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHabermehl View Post
Then ... give it to me, please
Soon
Old 01 April 2012, 13:09   #49
AmigaOnline
Online Amiga Gaming

Quote:
Could you explain why you want this, so I can fully understand the issue? Is it perhaps related to online gaming where you want to make it impossible for all players to press a specific key, or..?
Let's use this custom input mapping:

Player 1:
keyboard_key_space = action_key_alt_left

Player 2:
keyboard_key_space = action_key_alt_right

Using these settings, when a player decides to press the space key, it's in fact the same as if he presses two Amiga keys at the same time (space key and alt key). I'm right?
In this case, I just want to disable a particular Amiga key (here, it's the space Amiga key) to avoid possible issues with some games (it was easy to do this using WinUAE-Kaillera)
Of course the current input mapping will work with many games, but it may cause weird issues with some others (especially if all players (4, 5, 6...) press two different Amiga keys (online) at the same time!)
Old 01 April 2012, 14:47   #50
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Let's use this custom input mapping:

Player 1:

Player 2:
keyboard_key_space = action_key_alt_right

Using these settings, when a player decides to press the space key, it's in fact the same as if he presses two Amiga keys at the same time (space key and alt key). I'm right?
In this case, I just want to disable a particular Amiga key (here, it's the space Amiga key) to avoid possible issues with some games (it was easy to do this using WinUAE-Kaillera)
Of course the current input mapping will work with many games, but it may cause weird issues with some others (especially if all players (4, 5, 6...) press two different Amiga keys (online) at the same time!)
No, with the config:
Code:
pressing the host key "space" will only result in the Amiga left alt being pressed. -And unless you map something else to action_key_space, there will be no way to press the Amiga space key. If you have tested, and it actually results in both space and alt being pressed, please let me know -then I have done something wrong..

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 01 April 2012 at 16:49.
Old 01 April 2012, 15:04   #51
AmigaOnline
Online Amiga Gaming

Quote:
No, with the config:
Code:
pressing the host key "space" will only result in the Amiga left alt being pressed. -And unless you map something else to action_key_space, there will be now way to press the Amiga space key. If you have tested, and it actually results in both space and alt being pressed, please let me know -then I have done something wrongs..
Ok, so in this case there is no need to disable the Amiga keys. Thanks
Old 01 April 2012, 18:39   #52
ant512

Here's a weird bug. If I play AB3D with the model set to "SUPER", my USB joypad works as a CD32 pad but the frame rate of the game is too inconsistent to play. If I set the model to "A1200/020", the frame rate is silky smooth but the joypad doesn't work properly. If I hold down "Up" I can hear footsteps but the screen doesn't update. If I switch to mouse or keyboard input in the game the screen updates and shows I've moved to a new location. Not sure if this is a WinUAE bug or an FS-UAE-specific bug.
Old 01 April 2012, 18:57   #53
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant512 View Post
Here's a weird bug. If I play AB3D with the model set to "SUPER", my USB joypad works as a CD32 pad but the frame rate of the game is too inconsistent to play. If I set the model to "A1200/020", the frame rate is silky smooth but the joypad doesn't work properly. If I hold down "Up" I can hear footsteps but the screen doesn't update. If I switch to mouse or keyboard input in the game the screen updates and shows I've moved to a new location. Not sure if this is a WinUAE bug or an FS-UAE-specific bug.
If I understand you correctly, with "A1200/020" the problem isn't really the joypad (since you can hear footsteps) but rather a screen update problem? Is this a floppy version of AB3D, or WDHLoad?

EDIT: would you in addition to telling me which version of AB3D you are using also post config and log, so I can try to reproduce the problem with your settings?

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 01 April 2012 at 19:18.
Old 01 April 2012, 21:54   #54
ant512

Quote:
If I understand you correctly, with "A1200/020" the problem isn't really the joypad (since you can hear footsteps) but rather a screen update problem? Is this a floppy version of AB3D, or WDHLoad?
It's the WHDLoad version of AB3D. The game works fine with keyboard or mouse control; it's just joypad control that's a problem. It's obviously reading the joypad as I can hear footsteps. Interestingly, the problem goes away entirely if I remove the line "accuracy = 0" from my config file.

Quote:
EDIT: would you in addition to telling me which version of AB3D you are using also post config and log, so I can try to reproduce the problem with your settings?
Will do.
Old 01 April 2012, 23:29   #55
aha2940

Quote:
I checked the documentation for g_thread_init, and it says: Since version 2.24, calling g_thread_init() multiple times is allowed, but nothing happens except for the first call.
so I suppose you have Glib < 2.24, and I do call g_thread_init from a couple of different "sub-libraries". I should probably clean this up and make a 1.0.3 release.
Hi!

Thanks for your help. I did what you suggested ang got a working binary (at least it starts, shows the grey screen, the red mouse pointer moves and it says no bootable media found). If it helps, here's the patch I used:

Code:
diff -urN fs-uae-1.0.2/libfsemu/src/fs_log.c fs-uae-1.0.2-new/libfsemu/src/fs_log.c
--- fs-uae-1.0.2/libfsemu/src/fs_log.c	2012-03-03 07:26:55.000000000 -0500
+++ fs-uae-1.0.2-new/libfsemu/src/fs_log.c	2012-04-01 12:39:35.888534040 -0500
@@ -18,7 +18,7 @@
     if (g_initialized) {
         return;
     }
-    g_thread_init(NULL);
+    // g_thread_init(NULL);
     g_mutex = g_mutex_new();
     //g_mutex_lock(g_mutex);
     g_initialized = 1;
diff -urN fs-uae-1.0.2/libfsemu/src/ml_common.c fs-uae-1.0.2-new/libfsemu/src/ml_common.c
--- fs-uae-1.0.2/libfsemu/src/ml_common.c	2012-03-30 14:26:32.000000000 -0500
+++ fs-uae-1.0.2-new/libfsemu/src/ml_common.c	2012-04-01 12:42:18.591537918 -0500
@@ -210,7 +210,7 @@
 }

void fs_ml_init() {

g_fs_ml_video_render_function = NULL;
     g_fs_ml_video_post_render_function = NULL;
diff -urN fs-uae-1.0.2/libfsemu/src/ml_windows.c fs-uae-1.0.2-new/libfsemu/src/ml_windows.c
--- fs-uae-1.0.2/libfsemu/src/ml_windows.c	2012-03-03 07:26:55.000000000 -0500
+++ fs-uae-1.0.2-new/libfsemu/src/ml_windows.c	2012-04-01 12:42:03.437533616 -0500
@@ -521,7 +521,7 @@
     //rid.dwFlags = RIDEV_NOLEGACY;
     rid.hwndTarget = hWnd;
     RegisterRawInputDevices(&rid, 1, sizeof(rid));

GError *error = NULL;
     wglMakeCurrent(g_hdc, NULL); //deselect rendering context
diff -urN fs-uae-1.0.2/src/main.c fs-uae-1.0.2-new/src/main.c
--- fs-uae-1.0.2/src/main.c	2012-03-30 14:16:02.000000000 -0500
+++ fs-uae-1.0.2-new/src/main.c	2012-04-01 12:42:59.446535298 -0500
@@ -332,7 +332,7 @@
     g_set_prgname("fs-uae");
     g_set_application_name("Amiga Emulator");
     amiga_set_log_function(log_to_libfsemu);
-
+    g_thread_init(NULL);
     fs_emu_init();

//result = parse_options(argc, argv);
Thanks a lot for your help and I hope you continue to improve this great emulator.

Regards

Old 01 April 2012, 23:32   #56
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aha2940 View Post
at least it starts, shows the grey screen, the red mouse pointer moves and it says no bootable media found
Yes, this is normal without a configuration file. The screen you see is the replacement AROS kickstart rom, which is used if no original kickstart rom is loaded.
Old 02 April 2012, 10:13   #57
sebbi

Quote:
Will help if you post the log and config. I have tested and it works for me.
I launched the emulator with
Code:
fs-uae --floppy_drive_0="/tmp/Turrican 3.adf"
but the adf image wasn't loaded.

Config: http://pastebin.com/S8wzLm8C
Log: http://pastebin.com/ZZke11Up

I found a file ~/.config/fs-uae/Logs/LastConfig.uae: http://pastebin.com/GWnPSCLH

I see that fs-uae has generated a wrong path for the floppy0 parameter in this file:
Code:
floppy0=/tmp/Turrican
Maybe that's the problem...

Cheers,

Sebbi
Old 02 April 2012, 14:16   #58
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbi View Post
I launched the emulator with
Code:
but the adf image wasn't loaded. [...] I see that fs-uae has generated a wrong path for the floppy0 parameter in this file:
Code:
floppy0=/tmp/Turrican
Maybe that's the problem...
This is just the symptom, not the cause.

I got a bit suspicious since you have the ADF in /tmp. You said in an earlier post that you started FS-UAE from a shell, but is this the case, or have you created a launcher of some sort?

If you run:
Code:
from a shell in a terminal, it should work just fine. If not, check that the command
Code:
ls "/tmp/Turrican 3.adf"
also finds the file.
Old 02 April 2012, 23:07   #59
sebbi

Sorry Frode, i found the error - it was my mistake:
I created a wrapper script for the fs-uae binary that stripped the quotes before passing the arguments to the binary.

Works like a charm now. Thank you.

Sebbi
Old 03 April 2012, 00:04   #60
ashren

FrodeSolheim: Thank you for creating such a nice application for emulating amiga software. I have been following puae and e-uae (which I guess is dead) for years, waiting for a really good Amiga emu implementation for Linux. It has arrived in the form of FS-UAE. FS-UAE is the perfect match for my xbmc installation.

I have a question. How do I map a joystick key so when pressed it will open the FS-UAE menu? I've tried to map a key to keyboard_f12, but that didn't work. I've read your documentation, but I can not seem to figure this one out.

I'm using a dragonrise inc. generic usb joystick btw, and the example posted here: http://fengestad.no/wp/fs-uae/custom...-configuration works.