English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 08 September 2012, 12:11   #881
gibs
Banned

@vjkaos

It seems that it happens only when tooltypes are "off". right ?
Old 08 September 2012, 12:15   #882
vjkaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibs View Post
@vjkaos

It seems that it happens only when tooltypes are "off". right ?
Yes, I don't use the tooltypes option. Just tried it with tooltypes on and it works, so it's definitely related to the tooltypes option.
Old 08 September 2012, 13:35   #883
gibs
Banned

@vjkaos

Ok it was a bug in the scan routine. Because of your report I have optimized the routine which is now 30% faster, so thank you

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1566495/Tin...ncher22b65.exe
Old 09 September 2012, 18:32   #884
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

I shamefully admit *bows head*, that I have just installed your launcher, for the first time ever.

Superb work Gibs, I love the press R for RAD boot.

iGame is history on my Miggy.
Old 09 September 2012, 19:45   #885
olesio

@gibs: can you add switching to game directory to execute *.tl script in way like I described in my posts above. Because at this moment I must set assings to TLGECS for example and make cd TLGECS:GameDirecotryName to execute *.tl script. Can you add it and test it later?
Old 09 September 2012, 20:02   #886
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Quick question.

How do I enable TOOLTYPES in TinyLauncher 2.2b65 ?

Infodesk says: TOOLTYPES:OFF

[edit]
Ok pressing T enabled them.
But now Amiga gurus when I try to run any game.

Disable TOOLTYPES and it works again.
Old 09 September 2012, 20:23   #887
olesio

@Retroplay: are you sure is NewIcons executed properly before Tiny Launcher is run?
Old 09 September 2012, 20:32   #888
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by olesio View Post
@Retroplay: are you sure is NewIcons executed properly before Tiny Launcher is run?
I'm running TinyLauncher from ClassicWB so I take it that it should be ok, right ?
Old 09 September 2012, 20:37   #889
vjkaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibs View Post
@vjkaos

Ok it was a bug in the scan routine. Because of your report I have optimized the routine which is now 30% faster, so thank you

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1566495/Tin...ncher22b65.exe
Thanks, it works fine now.
Old 09 September 2012, 21:14   #890
olesio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroplay View Post
I'm running TinyLauncher from ClassicWB so I take it that it should be ok, right ?
Probable yes, but I'm testing Tiny Launcher only under WinUAE and separate hdf because when I tried execute Tiny Launcher from hdf mounted as DH4: under Classic WB Lite I got "out of memory" error. Anyway, maybe Gibs will know how to let you run Tiny Launcher under your copy od Classic WB because I got exacly the same problem like you on my hdf and executing NewIcons like this helped me.
Code:
Run <>NIL: C:NewIcons
Old 09 September 2012, 21:27   #891
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

That did the trick, thanks.

I assumed it would work in TL as newicons works fine without adding that line to user-startup.
Old 10 September 2012, 22:50   #892
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Let's get back on track folks.

I just did a little cleaning up in my game dirs to make it look "right".
Renaming drawers, e.g JagarXJ220 to Jaguar XJ220 and RuffNTumble to Ruff 'n' Tumble.
However, the TOOLTYPE problem is back now, NewIcons is added to user-startup and worked great before I renamed the dirs.
It seems that TinyLauncher doesn't like spaces in drawer names.
Games load fine though, TOOLTYPES is just not recognized.

[edit]
Painstakingly replaced all spaces with underscores, still not working... aargh

[edit]
Now it works.
.slave .info (including slave name in icon of course) and dir has to be named exactly the same.

Last edited by Retroplay; 11 September 2012 at 18:15.
Old 11 September 2012, 18:43   #893
DH
Global Moderator

Is anyone here actually aware that X-Bench was a joint adventure by both JimNeray and gibs and they split taking the same ideas with them?

Maybe you guys need to read up on other x-bench and Tiny Launcher threads to come to your own conclusions first before persecuting others.

I have to admire gibs for claiming that X-Bench stole the WHDLoad idea from Tiny Launcher when he posted 'x-Bench : The New WHDLOAD launcher' himself back in Aug 2010 for JimNeray, as he hadn't joined EAB then, long before he had even posted anything regarding Tiny Launcher. Read down to JimNeray's post @ #7 too, very interesting

Maybe someone needs to re-trace their posts on EAB first before making claims that condemn another member on here, posts = truth and believe you me, I have read all I need to know to come to my conclusion

EDIT: That doesn't mean it effects my responsibility as a mod on EAB, I just wish these two members would learn to move on without this animosity between themselves. Too many threads are being ruined by posts that quite frankly don't fit within the original threads descriptive title, it's time for these threads to get back on topic and stay that way.

Last edited by DH; 11 September 2012 at 19:10.
Old 12 September 2012, 02:47   #894
amiman99

@gibs
In 2011 you have shown us early version of the Tiny Launcher, which was simpler and running on CDTV. The new version is becoming more for HD based Amigas then CD ones, supporting 1000s of games.
Is it possible to get the version that worked on your CDTV?
Honestly, I did not try the newest builds, as it looks like if for HD with games separated in ABC folders.
Old 12 September 2012, 03:18   #895
Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiman99
The new version is becoming more for HD based Amigas then CD ones, supporting 1000s of games.
This is better imo ;-)

Last edited by prowler; 12 September 2012 at 20:38. Reason: Clean up.
Old 12 September 2012, 03:57   #896
amiman99

@kitty
I know is better, but sometimes simpler programs work better on underpowered machines like CDTV.
I don't have keyboard on my CDTV only IR controller, I can't access any config menus with it, and so on.
Old 12 September 2012, 04:23   #897
DH
Global Moderator

@all
If there's nothing beneficial to say regarding the original descriptive title of this thread, then please don't waste your time in posting anything at all as it certainly won't be looked upon as constructive criticism

This thread will obviously be cleaned up 'AGAIN' in due course. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
Old 14 September 2012, 18:20   #898
hansel75
Walk Off? Boolander!

Hi All, how would i go about adding tinylauncher to my wb startup-sequence, so it launches before workbench. I have found the startup file and know how to edit it, but i'm not sure what commands i have to add into it.

If it helps this is my WB startup file, i'm also using ppil's boot floppy to boot wb of a pcmcia card-

; $VER: startup-sequence 38.22 (24.4.92)

C:SetPatch QUIET
Version >NIL:
AddBuffers >NIL: DF0: 15
FailAt 21

MakeDir RAM:T RAM:Clipboards RAM:ENV RAM:ENV/Sys
Copy >NIL: ENVARC: RAM:ENV ALL NOREQ

Assign >NIL: ENV: RAM:ENV
Assign >NIL: T: RAM:T
Assign >NIL: CLIPS: RAM:Clipboards
Assign >NIL: REXX: S:
Assign >NIL: PRINTERS: DEVS:Printers
Assign >NIL: KEYMAPS: DEVS:Keymaps
Assign >NIL: LOCALE: SYS:Locale

IF NOT EXISTS SYS:Fonts
Assign FONTS:
EndIF

BindDrivers
Mount >NIL: DEVSOSDrivers/~(#?.info)

Resident >NIL: C:Execute PURE

IF EXISTS DEVS:Monitors
List >NIL: DEVS:Monitors/~(#?.info) TO T:M LFORMAT "DEVS:Monitors/%s"
Execute T:M
Delete >NIL: T:M
EndIF

SetEnv Workbench $Workbench
SetEnv Kickstart $Kickstart
UnSet Workbench
UnSet Kickstart

IPrefs

Echo "Amiga Release 2.1. Kickstart $Kickstart, Workbench $Workbench"

ConClip

Path >NIL: RAM: C: SYS:Utilities SYS:Rexxc SYS:System S: SYS:Prefs SYS:WBStartup SYS:Tools SYS:Tools/Commodities

IF EXISTS S:User-Startup
Execute S:User-Startup
EndIF

Resident Execute REMOVE

LoadWB
EndCLI >NIL:

Thanks, Han.
Old 15 September 2012, 07:19   #899
hansel75
Walk Off? Boolander!

Hi, i am still having trouble figuring this out and haven't had any response to my queries yet in regards to my post above here.

I have found in the readme some vague instructions which says this-

Install:
Just put in your startup-sequence:
Assign TLGECS: YOUR_DRIVEirectory_of_your_games

I have given this a go but with no luck, plus it doesn't help that i have never edited things like this before and really have no idea. It would be nice if the instructions for some of these amiga utlities were written for noobs in mind.

So if i was to have the tinylauncher.exe in say, C directory of my amiga os, do you direct the startup to the tinylauncher exe folder?

The readme says to direct the startup to the games directory which seems odd, i can't see how that would work without launching tinylauncher itself.

Would this be the correct line to add into the startup to start tinylauncher before WB-

Assign TLGECS: C:TinyLauncher.exe

Plus were would i insert this added command into my wb startup, at the very start or somewhere else?

Also i have my whdload games stored on a cf card, it's folder is located on the cf0 drive in a folder called WHDG. I have also configured tinylauncher to read from this games directory and it all works ok inside of WB itself.
But i would like to be able to save some ram and launch tinylauncher before WB.

Thanks, Han.

PS: I am running a A600 with WB2.1, do i use the normal tinylauncher, or the SE version, i have tried both with no luck on the startup.
Old 15 September 2012, 15:19   #900
olesio

I own only real Amiga 1200 and I do not used real Amiga 600 with HDD since about 1995 when I played on many disk version games on my friend machine. But I thins it should not to be problems with Tiny Launcher under Amiga 600. You can try SE version but in my opinion even latest Tiny Launcher should work on your machine. Just copy executable to your machine by CF Card with PCMCIA adapter (if you have any) / Serial Cable (if you have any) or by WinUAE if you have possibility to connect your Amiga HDD to PC somehow. Because in lots text in your message and with my low English konwledge I cannot find information you already do this and what happend when you launching Tiny Launcher from your WB. If you have WHDLoad in C to launch games and no old TL config files in S/TinyLauncher it should run on real Amiga without problem as far as I know. Also you can try contact Gibs by e-mail at: gibs2b [at] gmail.com and ask if you have problems. I cannot help more by remote way. I made fast test. Mount my HDF with TIny Launcher under WinUAE. Set Quickstart configuration for Amiga 600 with 2 MB of Chip (because with lower amount of memory I got "Out of memory" message) and loaded Wb2.1 (38.36) - Workbench.adf which as far as I know was created for newer Amigas than 500. I edited S:Startup-Sequence like below and rebooted and TinyLauncher was run without problem. Ofcourse for ToolTypes feature you need NewIcons util which we described above how to use it. But I do not have knowledge is ClassicWB for Amiga 600 have possibility to run int correctly. You must try. Ok here is cut of edited s-s file. For more infos please try to ask gibs via e-mail. I have low Amiga 600 kowledge. Right now when TL is in devleopment state I have very old version on my real Amiga which I havent free time to run from a very long time. So I run prepared HDF with Tiny Launcher in Amiga 1200 config under my WinUAE to test new versions if Gibs releae them. Right now I have only e-mail contact with Him, because probable he is banned here like he wrote me.
Code:
; $VER: startup-sequence 38.22 (24.4.92)

C:SetPatch QUIET

C:AntiClick QUIET

Version >NIL:
AddBuffers >NIL: DF0: 15
FailAt 21

MakeDir RAM:T RAM:Clipboards RAM:ENV RAM:ENV/Sys
Copy >NIL: ENVARC: RAM:ENV ALL NOREQ

Assign >NIL: ENV: RAM:ENV
Assign >NIL: T: RAM:T
DH0:TinyLauncher/TinyLauncher.exe
; ... cut ...
That's all from me. For detailed information maybe other EAB users here, who own real Amiga 600 can help you. And assigns for TLGECS or other similar assigns are only needed if you run *.tl scripts for games/demos and need to switch directory by cd command or do other operation which need base path of your games (you must also add Game name subdirectory to it). I wait for Gibs update TinyLauncher code and allow skip that thing and let users launch *.tl scripts without switching directories like that.