English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 21 March 2013, 15:19   #41
ElectroBlaster

Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
Ok I managed to haul more pd disks recently so I will continue to list and check them. I am also a bit of a hoarder (OCD I guess) and I do have alot of original pd disks hidden away aswell. I can try pull some time aside and then start sifting, sorting etc. It is very likely I have Scavenge but I doubt it is regged

I have found Scavenger II funny enougth lol, I can image it later and see exactly what is there! I am going to ask the seller if this is really the last of his disks, the chap seems like a true amigan aswell but has now jumped over to winuae for everything.

This reminds me of looking for an old friend who used to own and run F1 Software (Licenceware) He was the original founder who then sold up to another guy when his marriage failed. I managed to acquire the remains of his sparse amiga collection, some gems include master/tesk disks for stuff sent in by the original authors. After selling up he vanished never to be seen again. No trace of the bloke anywhere lol.

You know at the end of the day! If the Author has walked away from the amiga and is unreachable, would it be morally wrong to crack or remove the reg nag thing? Problem tho is wont be legit

EDIT: I assume the demo is cutdown? just been reading to get the full thing, a full copy would have came from the author. Somebody must have regged this game? I hate this... same with me trying to rebuild some NBS Public Domain disks... When people left the amiga in droves it just didnt matter anymore so things got trashed, dumped, treated bad etc. The amount of amiga stuff that was dumped on me but I took it in as I never left the amiga, I made room for a pc and did not sweep the old stuff out. It wound my wife up but I just knew that one day people would come back and want everything again one day, I was proved right.

Last edited by ElectroBlaster; 21 March 2013 at 15:28.
Old 16 October 2018, 22:00   #42
Peter
Still an Amiga user

You never know your luck... just thought I would ask... does anyone have the full registered version of this game?

I have only been searching for this for nearly 10 years so it's still early days!

The facebook page and blog no longer exist but my old youtube video is still up - just search for Scavenge Amiga and you should see it.

Reward is now 50p not £50 as originally stated as I have been hit big over the last few years by Mrs May's Tory Government and an Ex Girlfriend!

I live in hope...
Old 16 October 2018, 22:40   #43
DH
Global Moderator

You could ask r.cade in here http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=94601, you never know what might be lurking inside one of those drawers
Old 17 October 2018, 19:05   #44
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Good shout - will do...
Old 01 November 2018, 22:28   #45
zardoz
Zone Friend

Looking for a game called Scavenge

#82 in this list of Top 100 Amiga Games of All Time

http://openretro.org/lists/48a93b7e-...9-21108c3900c4

There's a game called Scavenge. Nothing in HOL, and the database entry linked to in the list is scant.

How did it end up at #82?

http://openretro.org/game/8b6724dc-8...e-a2af871ae779
Old 01 November 2018, 22:56   #46
DH
Global Moderator

Zardoz

Merged these two threads together as you're not looking for a game name because you already know it + this thread may help you with some of your answers
Old 01 November 2018, 22:59   #47
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Thanks - I'm still looking for it... reward is now 50p btw due to brexit worries...
Old 13 February 2019, 22:22   #48
wizard1

Hi All,
I have this in my collection.
Scavenge_PDSoft_D4314.lha.LHA
I cant get it to run just yet, it is looking for ARP to be installed?. Just getting back into my Amiga Stuff after nearly 25 years. Re-learning so much. Just got 2 of my Amigas back up and running (at least loading to desktop). Loads more to learn and do!!.
Cheers
Old 13 February 2019, 22:38   #49
DamienD
Banned

Wow!!! Please upload

...others may be able to get it working; I'd definitely like to have a crack
Old 13 February 2019, 23:21   #50
wizard1

Scavenge_PDSoft_D4314.lha.LHA

Hi DamienD,
Should I upload it to the zone?. I only ask, as I have already filled one request, but it has the word REMOVE in square brackets beside it. I don`t know what that means?, have I broken some rule?.
Cheers

PS. if you get it working can you repost the working version please

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Wow!!! Please upload

...others may be able to get it working; I'd definitely like to have a crack
Old 13 February 2019, 23:52   #51
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Hi - well this is a turn up after all these years... fingers crossed it is the full game - can you upload it somewhere and post a link?

Cheers Peter
Old 14 February 2019, 00:05   #52
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Hi - thanks for uploading it to the zone... it's the Demo version I'm afraid but thanks all the same - appreciate the thought!
Old 14 February 2019, 00:11   #53
Peter
Still an Amiga user

I guess it might be an idea now to ask if a mod could change the title of this thread to say just searching for this game as I can no longer afford to offer any reward... sorry.
Old 14 February 2019, 00:16   #54
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard1 View Post
Hi DamienD,
Should I upload it to the zone?. I only ask, as I have already filled one request, but it has the word REMOVE in square brackets beside it. I don`t know what that means?, have I broken some rule?.
Cheers

PS. if you get it working can you repost the working version please
Many thanks wizard1

The word [remove] next to your upload means that you have the rights to remove it; since you uploaded the file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Hi - thanks for uploading it to the zone... it's the Demo version I'm afraid but thanks all the same - appreciate the thought!
Damn, what a shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
I guess it might be an idea now to ask if a mod could change the title of this thread to say just searching for this game as I can no longer afford to offer any reward... sorry.
Done
Old 14 February 2019, 00:38   #55
wizard1

Meaning of [remove]

Thanks DamiemD for the explaination. I was slightly worried that I had done something wrong.
Pity about Scavenger?. Oh well I`ll keep looking, ya never know?.
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Many thanks wizard1

The word [remove] next to your upload means that you have the rights to remove it; since you uploaded the file.

Damn, what a shame

Done
Old 14 February 2019, 10:09   #56
Peter
Still an Amiga user

@DamienD - cheers!