English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 20 April 2024, 20:38   #1
manicx

Copying files from CF to MicroSD -> CacheCDFS issue (Cannot open scsi.device unit 1)

I thought this would be just a fast process but it was not. I decided to go from CFs to MicroSDs. I bought SanDisk microSDs, 32GB (my CFs are 16GB).

I decided to start with my A4k CF. Used Diskpart, cleaned, used latest WinUAE to mount disk. I use a OS 3.9 HDF that I have to do partitioning etc. So I mounted new MicroSD and Old CF, partitioned the MicroSD, changed file system to PFS (pfs3aio), formatted, copied files from CF, made first partition bootable and changed names of partitions to DH0, DH1 etc. All seemed easy.

I restart and I get a Cannot open scsi.device unit 1 message. No idea why. I copied the contents of OS3.9 to one of the partition, run the installer, chose only CDFS installation, restarted, no error but the CD0 is uninitialized. Of course, CD drive is dead. Put back the the CF card, everything works. No idea what is wrong. Any idea how I can fix this?

(A4k, OS3.9 with BB1-4 installed, CF master, CD slave, no ide interfaces used, just the A4k one)

PS. A1200 CF(16GB)-> MicroSD (32GB) that is not using CacheCDFS (I have Squirrel SCSI) worked perfectly well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20240420_144748.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	82055  

Last edited by manicx; 20 April 2024 at 21:37.
Old 21 April 2024, 01:09   #2
idrougge

Likely your SD card adapter doesn’t support slave units.
Old 21 April 2024, 02:57   #3
Nor Bert
Norbert

try atapi.device (for a4000), not scsi.device
Old 21 April 2024, 12:30   #4
manicx

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrougge View Post
Likely your SD card adapter doesn’t support slave units.
You gave me an idea. I use the same adapter, a CF adapter. But I bought a Delock CF-> MicroSD adapter. Seems like the adapter refuses to work in master/slave mode. I made an image of my CF card using HST Imager, wrote it to the microSD which is the best way to ensure 1:1 card, same message. I wrote the same image to another CF card, booted, everything worked fine.

Now I have to either stay with CF (the reason I want to get red of it is that I prefer a medium that I can remove easier often since I have a backplate for the CF to update software), or think of alternative solutions. In the past I had an 2 port IDE interface that I never managed to make it work with OS3.9 and IDEFix (I have a registered version). I patched it, impossible to work.