English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Demos

Old 17 December 2010, 18:16   #1
Strobestar
Re-invigorated Amigan

Trying to find a "stock" A1200 demo.. Can you help?

Hi everyone.. Hopefully someone out there remembers the demo I'm looking for and can help out with info on if & where it's available on the intertubes for download..

It was an AGA demo, it was pre-installed on a fresh "out of the box" A1200HD, bought in Australia (if that makes a difference) circa 1991/1992. I'm inclined to think the demo was made by Commodore (nothing from memory strikes me as it being able to be considered a "scene" demo).

Machine would boot directly into the demo if started without a floppy disk.

There isn't alot about it that I remember (apologies), though the pictures that stand out most in my mind from it is a really colourful image of a frog (amongst some other colourful images) and some full screen AGA blended & moving colour effects, and English machine spec info written in standard AmigaDOS font (not French - like that other A1200 demo seen on YouTube)..

Any info or help would be most appreciated, and thankyou in advance for taking the time to help me out.. Cheers.
Old 17 December 2010, 18:53   #2
s2325
Zone Friend

Is it this picture with frog?
Old 17 December 2010, 19:14   #3
Strobestar
Re-invigorated Amigan

Is it this frog?

Best answer I can give you is.. maybe.. (it could very well be that one, but I just can't be certain).. it does have a familiarity to it. The image did have a photographic look - just like this one.. (rather than computer drawn/painted).

What demo is that from?

Last edited by Strobestar; 17 December 2010 at 19:17. Reason: Addition - More information..
Old 17 December 2010, 22:08   #4
s2325
Zone Friend

I don't remember name of a demo, but I'm sure it's from Amiga or early PC.
Old 19 December 2010, 02:48   #5
lugosi

As far as I remember, the above frog-picture (along with the picture of the head of a rather white-furred gorilla) was used to advertise the "new line" of Amigas (1200/4000).
They had Amigas set up for display in computer-store windows, showing those pictures (and quite a few more) in a slideshow 24/7.
Maybe your machine was supposed to go on display in a store's window too?
Old 23 December 2010, 08:40   #6
Strobestar
Re-invigorated Amigan

Possible display model..

Yeah, I believe we're thinking of the same one. I don't recollect the Gorilla.. however, I DO remember that there were other animal pictures..

It's quite possible that they sold me a display machine (that hadn't yet been put on display in the store.. if that was the case, then it's likely that no one would have preserved that display demo and that it no longer exists.

Who knows, maybe someone has it out there.. It's not a big deal, would've liked to have seen it again.. I've been on a bit of an Amiga nostalgia trip lately.

Thanks to all that responded for your help and information. Cheers
(and sorry for taking so long to check back into EAB)