English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 10 June 2010, 10:37   #1
gogoac

Warriors of Releyne

I'm trying to play Warriors of Releyne. The problem is that there is only a green field and no units or something (I started with the game and not with the editor disk)
The question is: Am I too stupid to play this game (and the game looks like this and I don't get it right) or do I use a wrong config in WinUAE?

I tried it with all disks versions in Tosec and the SPS release and various WinUAE versions with different configs.

Here's a screenshot:

Old 10 June 2010, 12:33   #2
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Before all, not a Winuae issue I believe.

I just gave a try to this out of curiosity (+ had a bit of free time) and it is a bit weird in the way it works.

First from what I get (using Warriors of Releyne (1992)(Impressions)(M5)[cr LSD] ) it is before all a sort of engine that lets you define a lot of things and then play them. A bit like a board game you play with friends and you are able to choose all the units/rules/set up that you want before you play.

For instance with F1/F2/F3 you can access specific engine parts to define things like the units that you have at the beginning of the game, those that will arrive later etc....

Anyway, when you are at the starting screen, instead of pressing F1/F2/F3, press Return.
Select your language.

Click on the disk icon. In the Setup column select Load All. Select Brithil.map and click on load.
Click on the arrow icon (top of second column), which is the "next turn" activator. Wait for the message to display (end of music).
Move to x 34 y 30, you should see some Centaurs.
Select one
click on the 4th icon from the first colum (character on grass background). There you have the list of possible moves that appear. Select one and click on the confirm tick.

That should get you started well enough. Don't ask me for more.

Please note that apparently several of the icons only work or have specific actions depending of the circumstances, so you have to experiment a bit.

For instance, the Load All option seems to be only available when you are not in a game turn. However, With the skull icon you can select Restart if you want to have the option to load a new map.

Edit: Here is a screenshot of what you should see in-game:
Old 10 June 2010, 13:25   #3
gogoac

Thank you very much for your detailed answer, lilalurl!
I was insecure, if it's a WinUAE-problem or if starting this game is as "hard" as you mentioned.