English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 14 June 2004, 08:38   #1
Shinobi

WinUAE disk drive problem

When I insert a disk in the drive, and it shows up on the desktop, I click on it and a window comes up, but no contents show up. I have tried clicking on "show all files" no differnce. The contents of my virtual hard drives show up fine.

I'm using the latest WinUAE, with kick 3.1 and workbench 3.1 installed.

Some disks contents do show up, and some disks bring up a black disk on the desktop when I insert them, clicking on them does nothing, not even bring up a window.

I've also tried using a normal a500 type config with no HD and inserting the disk does nothing.

Help. lol.

Old 14 June 2004, 10:51   #2
thomas

Some disks, usually games, do not contain AmigaDOS files. Either they appear as empty on Workbench or even as unreadable.

Such disks have a boot block which contains code to read the data from the disk. So insert the disk and reboot, then the game should load.

If it doesn't, the boot block probably was overwritten by a virus. In this case the disk is unusable and you should delete the infected ADF immediately.
Old 14 June 2004, 15:28   #3
Shinobi

yeah, that seems to work, thanks tom.