English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 14 August 2021, 07:00   #21
Cammy

Hi again everyone! This year there are likely to be more entries than ever before, and we'll have an awards show with celebrity judges streamed online for everyone to join in and watch together. We would love to offer some incredible prizes, some of which have already been donated by our kind sponsors, but there are still more prizes that need to be paid for, as well as the shipping costs for when we send the prize packs out. If you would like to donate towards the prize pool, I have set up a GoFundMe page where we can publicly track donations. Thank you to everyone who has contributed so far, and to anyone who would still like to help out!

https://gofund.me/4b1296fc
Old 15 August 2021, 05:40   #22
Mixel

I’ll definitely be donating soon! Best of luck with this everyone, really excited to see what people enter, it seems amazing the range of ports that are already in the works!

I’m probably not entering as I’m having enough trouble keeping up with my other projects and think I’d probably suck at ports in general as a solo creator.. Unless I can think of something tiny? Or unless someone wants to collaborate and just needs some graphics, but that seems less likely with ports. Who knows though!
Old 17 August 2021, 10:28   #23
Revenile

This is really cool, looking forward to seeing the results and entries. I'm not a programmer so I obviously will not be competing, but I have to admit that my eyes widened with excitement to see RJ Mical as one of the judges. It's wonderful to see so many people who were part of the team making the system stay connected to the community in some fashion even today.
Old 25 August 2021, 18:10   #24
Havie

Joined today and found out I already had an itch.io account!

Started my game and will try and post regular updates in the Games Factory.
Old 26 August 2021, 01:09   #25
Cobe

Hi Cammy¡
How about this¿
[ Show youtube player ]
We thought we might do the second level for the jam just to contribute and participate.
Old 03 September 2021, 09:29   #26
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Okay, I have donated some small ammount too. Will add some more.
Old 27 October 2021, 09:57   #27
Cammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobe View Post
Hi Cammy¡
How about this¿
[ Show youtube player ]
We thought we might do the second level for the jam just to contribute and participate.
That would be fantastic, Cobe! The more the merrier, and it looks great!
Old 27 October 2021, 09:59   #28
Cammy

Hi everyone! I'm sorry for the delay between updates, but we finally have a big announcement to share with you all. I am very happy to announce that Glen Planamento from Glen's Retro Show (and a bunch of other Retro YouTube streams), arcade hardware developer and big time Amiga fan has agreed to be our third judge for AmiGameJam! As well as Glen joining the team, we've received some wonderful donations from the community to put towards the prize packs, and the main page for the jam has been updated to reflect these updates. I'd like to thank everyone who has entered the contest so far, and remind everyone that there's still plenty of time to enter, with just over three months left until entries close.

If you don't have time to enter yourself, please check out the current entries and be sure to check back towards the end of the contest so you can contribute to the community vote, which will be included in the tally along with the scores from our three celebrity judges. If you would like to donate towards the prize pool, there's still time for that too.

This looks like it's going to be the best year for the Amiga game-making contest so far, and I hope everyone enjoys playing the games and will tune in to the live-stream with AmigaBill in February when the winners will be announced.

https://www.glensretroshow.com/

https://itch.io/jam/amigamejam
Old 27 October 2021, 12:37   #29
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
Hi everyone! I'm sorry for the delay between updates, but we finally have a big announcement to share with you all. I am very happy to announce that Glen Planamento from Glen's Retro Show (and a bunch of other Retro YouTube streams), arcade hardware developer and big time Amiga fan has agreed to be our third judge for AmiGameJam! As well as Glen joining the team, we've received some wonderful donations from the community to put towards the prize packs, and the main page for the jam has been updated to reflect these updates. I'd like to thank everyone who has entered the contest so far, and remind everyone that there's still plenty of time to enter, with just over three months left until entries close.

If you don't have time to enter yourself, please check out the current entries and be sure to check back towards the end of the contest so you can contribute to the community vote, which will be included in the tally along with the scores from our three celebrity judges. If you would like to donate towards the prize pool, there's still time for that too.

This looks like it's going to be the best year for the Amiga game-making contest so far, and I hope everyone enjoys playing the games and will tune in to the live-stream with AmigaBill in February when the winners will be announced.

https://www.glensretroshow.com/

https://itch.io/jam/amigamejam

Nice one Cammy, well done.

However i still don't think your job is over in finding judges because in my opinion judge #2 has absolutely no business being part of your competition. In his most recent Twitch stream he went at lengths to call me an idiot, liar and loser (among other offensive things) when the subject of piracy came up. (I stated that piracy helped kill the Amiga, to which he disagreed, went on a rant and then give me the hammer).

Sorry to take the shine off it but in my view the guy is nothing short of a prick and I'd rather stick pins in my legs all day than watch him judge any Amiga production let alone my own, he's simply not qualified (on multiple levels).

So by all means, stick with him but I'd say there are much better streamers out there that would promote the competition much better for you, look at RMC or Perifractic who are massive Amiga fans who I'm sure would be willing to support the cause in being a judge for a couple of hours.

Geezer
Old 28 October 2021, 06:21   #30
Cammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
Nice one Cammy, well done.

However i still don't think your job is over in finding judges because in my opinion judge #2 has absolutely no business being part of your competition. In his most recent Twitch stream he went at lengths to call me an idiot, liar and loser (among other offensive things) when the subject of piracy came up. (I stated that piracy helped kill the Amiga, to which he disagreed, went on a rant and then give me the hammer).

Sorry to take the shine off it but in my view the guy is nothing short of a prick and I'd rather stick pins in my legs all day than watch him judge any Amiga production let alone my own, he's simply not qualified (on multiple levels).

So by all means, stick with him but I'd say there are much better streamers out there that would promote the competition much better for you, look at RMC or Perifractic who are massive Amiga fans who I'm sure would be willing to support the cause in being a judge for a couple of hours.

Geezer
Oh no, I'm really sorry to hear this from you McGeezer, it's really unfortunate that something like this has happened and it's really bummed me out now. I have been stressing for months about not having a third judge (Modern Vintage Gamer AKA Lantis360 was my first choice, but hasn't replied on any of the multiple platforms I tried contacting him through) so I finally felt some relief when Glen stepped up. I had considered Neil (RMC) but I feel that he may be a bit too busy with his current big project to ask, and Perifractic isn't a fan of me or what I do so he's out of the question.

Hi7ch actually volunteered to be a judge when I first mentioned the contest, and I thought he'd bring an honest and critical eye to the judging panel, and hopefully introduce part of the audience from the larger retro community to the Amiga scene. I will have a chat with him and see what I can do (you're actually not the first person to express concerns about him being involved, however for very different reasons). The most important thing is that you don't get discouraged from entering as we all know your entry will rock and stands a good chance of winning a place.

I still have a short list of other people I could ask if things don't work out with Hi7ch, and who have offered, so the contest will go on! I hope it was just a case of everyone having a bad day (I think the full moon and sun flares can affect all of us emotionally, and we're all going through something none of us wish was happening) but we'll see.

I will leave this with a photo which I hope will cheer everyone up a bit. I took this without permission from Facebook but I'm pretty sure Glen and Bill won't mind!

Here we have this year's judge Glen with our Emmy Award-winning host AmigaBill!

Last edited by Cammy; 28 October 2021 at 08:50.
Old 30 December 2021, 16:34   #31
HitchOnTwitch

Quote:
he's simply not qualified (on multiple levels)

Geezer

I really don't care what you call me or your opinions of me but please do explain how I am not qualified beyond not being a complete fanbois.

I have a reputation of being honest, opinionated (which is not a negative). I enjoy the Amiga and have since its introduction. I was dev'ing many years ago so understand things a little on that side, though never for anything Commodore.

I will call a spade a spade, as I did with you. I will not attempt to undermine people though as thats pathetic.

My dislike for fanbois, especially ones who argue idiotic comments is well known but given my rep for being brutally honest I would have thought I was well suited myself

I can understand you feeling that I cannot be impartial to say your entry but please do not mix in your own feelings with mine. Your little spat in my community in no way affects how I see yours or anyone elses game, nor should it.
Old 31 December 2021, 21:55   #32
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitchOnTwitch View Post
I really don't care what you call me or your opinions of me but please do explain how I am not qualified beyond not being a complete fanbois.

I have a reputation of being honest, opinionated (which is not a negative). I enjoy the Amiga and have since its introduction. I was dev'ing many years ago so understand things a little on that side, though never for anything Commodore.

I will call a spade a spade, as I did with you. I will not attempt to undermine people though as thats pathetic.

My dislike for fanbois, especially ones who argue idiotic comments is well known but given my rep for being brutally honest I would have thought I was well suited myself

I can understand you feeling that I cannot be impartial to say your entry but please do not mix in your own feelings with mine. Your little spat in my community in no way affects how I see yours or anyone elses game, nor should it.

You even said yourself that you're a prick and I think we really can agree on this. I'm not obliged to like you and frankly I don't with your "Simon Cowell of retro gaming" style you have going on.

As you've took it upon yourself to double down and slate me no end in your latest stream broadcast the other day I'll put you right on a bit of fact.

I didn't say "piracy killed the Amiga", I said "piracy helped kill the Amiga", there's a big difference. Whether the statement is true or not has been debated many times over and there's a fair amount of context I could put around what I actually said but given you banned me I wasn't actually able to - fair enough, but don't go fucking skewing what I said to suit your needs for entertainment in your stream as you have.

To add context to the above I'm pretty sure I recall the stream was Saturday October 23rd yet I can't seem to find it in your list of recordings on Twitch so I'm either not looking properly or you edited or removed it, I suspect the latter given your performance that night.

No matter as I took the liberty of recording the stream myself a few days afterwards so people can judge for themselves, my mind is made up though and not that you'll care but I dislike your all round demeanour, attitude and opinions on pretty much everything but especially those where you think you can say what you want without any repercussion.

Below is the link to the video, spin it on to 4m20 where you read out verbatim my comment in the chat.

Click to download/play video

Sorry but you're the only streamer I've seen that threatens to "Smash people in the face".

Anyway it makes no difference as my game won't be entered because it won't be ready, I also never gave any commitment to it being entered, people just assumed I would due to timing so crack on. Personally I'd prefer to see a more prominent and level headed streamer be on the panel in your place as it would be better for the Amiga, but that's up to Cammy.

No doubt you'll go back on stream and have a good whinge about my response here, after all, it'll give you something decent to talk about other than the normal mundane bile you spout to your following.

Happy New Year.

Last edited by mcgeezer; 01 January 2022 at 11:17. Reason: Typo kindly pointed out by mr prick - "repercussion"
Old 01 January 2022, 04:41   #33
HitchOnTwitch

Quote:
Insane ramblings...

You downloaded a VOD to use as "proof" at a later date and fornicate over in your spare time?

Hehehe. OK dude. You do you and enjoy yourself.

As for deleting things, unless I make a VOD of it it gets deleted automatically. I have no idea if I did or did not make a VOD of it because I didn't care about it as much as you do obviously

I look forward to seeing your name in my streams again as I did tonight, so you can record more footage. Please don't put it on your onlyfans page though, keep it for yourself and your "repurcussions"
Old 01 January 2022, 11:10   #34
mcgeezer

Quote:
You downloaded a VOD to use as "proof" at a later date and fornicate over in your spare time?

Hehehe. OK dude. You do you and enjoy yourself.

As for deleting things, unless I make a VOD of it it gets deleted automatically. I have no idea if I did or did not make a VOD of it because I didn't care about it as much as you do obviously

I look forward to seeing your name in my streams again as I did tonight, so you can record more footage. Please don't put it on your onlyfans page though, keep it for yourself and your "repurcussions"
And you ask why you're not qualified to judge
Old 01 January 2022, 12:05   #35
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Can you please take this into a private discussion? Thanks.
Old 01 January 2022, 12:25   #36
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyJarrett View Post
Can you please take this into a private discussion? Thanks.
Absolutely more than happy to. Cheers.
Old 01 January 2022, 14:13   #37
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:

Great job talking shit about one of the most prolific homebrew Amiga devs we have, mate.
Old 31 January 2022, 19:37   #38
kremiso

a couple of very interesting projects have been added recently, so also to download and test

Rick Dangerous enhanced, Castlevania AGA (from the same Green Beret team)
and others :

https://itch.io/jam/amigamejam/entries

Poker Nights Dream Girls

Last edited by kremiso; 31 January 2022 at 19:59.
Old 31 January 2022, 20:10   #39
nikosidis

I tried Rick Dangerous with new gfx and it is nice. Looking good
Old 02 February 2022, 11:48   #40
acidbottle

Im pretty new to these gamejams but does the ranking system involve anyone with an itch.io account or only participants and judges? Seems the event organiser can chose either. Just curious