English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 21 February 2009, 00:39   #1
boggit123

The Boggit is Back !!!!!

Greetings Peasants !!

Guess who? Yes your prayers have been answered, it's The Boggit. No, I don't mean the sad guy who took over from me when I left all of the many years ago, it is the real deal himself. While cruising the internet this evening, on a whim I typed the words "Boggits Domain" into Google and was amused to find myself transported to your website.
My goodness you have all been busy bees while I was gone. Sadly I never kept any of my many columns which I wrote from the old Blackthorn Tree, so I was hoping to find some amongst your scanned magazine pages, but alas I could not find any. What's up, why are they not preserved in tablets of gold?

Ah those were happy days.
Is there anyone out there who can claim to remember all the jokes I made at the expense of the Atari ST users. I did enjoy that part of things.

Anyway, I was just passing through, you can email me or write nice things about me within thses holy pages. Mind you, don't be rude about the Boggit, I still know how to toss a few fireballs.

Boggit
Old 21 February 2009, 13:49   #2
Sensi
Unregistered User

I remember Boggit, but this:
http://www.lysator.liu.se/tolkien-ga...ry/boggit.html

Do have these two games something in common?
Old 21 February 2009, 16:01   #3
boggit123

Well.... a little connection

This is no game, my son. The Boggits Domain was my monthly column in Amiga Action in which I solved readers queries and generally gave my quirky views on all things relating to Adventure games.
Old 21 February 2009, 17:10   #4
mk1

Yeah, I remember you! You never published that letter I sent you nor did I get any help for my gaming problem.

Didn't stop following your column though..
Old 21 February 2009, 19:25   #5
Graham Humphrey

Just a shame Amiga Action sucked
Old 21 February 2009, 19:28   #6
paranoid
Phone Zen

Some are preserved in tablets of .jpg... Here's one that has a Boggit's Domain scanned: http://amr.abime.net/issue_115_pages Probably more, afraid I don't spend a lot of time at the Amiga Magazine Rack..

I'd spend some time reminiscing but... I'm from the States, and only had a couple Amiga Actions in my life, though they were leagues above Amiga World. But welcome to EAB all the same.
Old 21 February 2009, 21:23   #7
pubzombie

hey Boggit. i remember you too. tou never helped me much either. read you always though
Old 22 February 2009, 00:22   #8
boggit123

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1 View Post
Yeah, I remember you! You never published that letter I sent you nor did I get any help for my gaming problem.

Didn't stop following your column though..

Fight fair I couldn't answer every letter. You would have been amazed at the number of letters which poured through my letterbox every week. There was many a night I saw the sun rise while still banging the keys on my wordprocessor. Anyway, think yourself lucky I usually only picked out those letters I wanted to insult.

The Boggit
Old 22 February 2009, 08:52   #9
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

I remember your column. I thought you were abit of a twat, but a very entertaining one! Welcome Boggit.
Old 22 February 2009, 11:44   #10
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Boggits Domain was my favorite part of the mag. AA started to suck badly when BD was dropped. Then I switched to CU Amiga and Amiga Format (not long after that I was forced to anyway, because AA stopped being sold in the NL).

Boggits Domain FTW!
Old 22 February 2009, 22:18   #11
boggit123

Well, well, well... So someone thought I was "A bit of a twat". Go wash your mouth out with soap you evil little worm. And yet another wants to know if I am still a "retard"! Ah well, no one loves a fairy when they are forty and it seems no one loves a Boggit either.

Well you can rest easy for I have mellowed and no insults can hurt me.
I must say I look back on the years I spent writing the column as fun times. I loved getting the readers letters and thinking up new insults to blast them with. I saw the writing on the wall when the PC started to become affordable which is why I jumped ship and started writing for PC magazines.
A fact that some Amiga Action readers may not know is that towards the end of the magazine's life, things became so tight for the magazine, it was me who was writing large sections of it as well as the Boggits Domain column. I was surprised to find out that the mag started a Son Of Boggit column written by one of the in-house journalists after I left. I never read it, but I suspect it was not too good.
The other big secret which I can reveal is that I was secretly writing the Adventure columns for nearly all the Amiga magazines under different names. I was Vampyra and The Innkeeper in two rival mags and no one ever knew. What a bad boy I was. The fun thing about my Vampyra column was that readers thought I was a woman and I regularly got requests from some to send them my underwear!

Yep I have a million stories like that, which I still laugh about.
I now play Xbox games long into the night so my passion for games is still going on. I also draw cartoons which are published in various places, so the Boggit is still out there spreading mischief and laughter
Old 23 February 2009, 19:18   #12
paranoid
Phone Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggit123 View Post
The fun thing about my Vampyra column was that readers thought I was a woman and I regularly got requests from some to send them my underwear!
And you didn't oblige with a pair of Y-fronts?

Funny stuff.
Old 23 February 2009, 19:22   #13
Amiga1992

Your column was fun, my friend.
Welcome to the EAB!
Old 23 February 2009, 20:01   #14
boggit123

Not only did get requests for my underwear when writing under the name Vampyra, I was also adopted as a Royal Navy's ship mascot. Which was also funny because I had previously been in the Royal Navy for 12 years.
Old 23 February 2009, 20:04   #15
Sensi
Unregistered User

Quote:
Not only did get requests for my underwear when writing under the name Vampyra, I was also adopted as a Royal Navy's ship mascot. Which was also funny because I had previously been in the Royal Navy for 12 years.
Doesnt matter you are not Vampyra, I want your underwear anyway.
Old 23 February 2009, 22:38   #16
boggit123

Fair enough, all requests for underwear should stipulate whether they want ones with stains, or rips.

I think the stains came from fireballs, but I'm afraid to sniff them to make sure.

NO REFUNDS !!
Old 23 February 2009, 22:48   #17
Sensi
Unregistered User

Disgusting!

Thats what we, perverts, love so much

Boggit123, do you know about OT section? You should try it, you will like it
Old 23 February 2009, 22:58   #18
boggit123

No, I have no idea what the OT section is, but if it's something you like, then I'm not sure that I want to have anything to do with it.
Old 23 February 2009, 23:10   #19
Sensi
Unregistered User

Quote:
No, I have no idea what the OT section is, but if it's something you like, then I'm not sure that I want to have anything to do with it.
Be sure you want to, dear
Old 24 February 2009, 02:38   #20
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Welcome to EAB boggit123. I remember your section and thought Amiga Action was pretty good in the early days.