English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. System

Old 06 February 2022, 14:25   #1
paraj

Prevent input from reaching CLI/WB

I'm sure this must have been asked a million times, but I haven't been able to find anything (that I can get to work).

I'm trying to do some graphics stuff in a not too system-unfriendly manner so I do:

Code:
SetTaskPri(FindTask(NULL), 127);
Forbid();
LoadView(NULL);
WaitTOF();
WaitTOF();
AddIntServer(INTB_VERTB, &intr);

while (ciaa->ciapra & (1 << CIAB_GAMEPORT0)) {
    // Somewhat naughty stuff that writes to custom registers etc.
}

// restore old view / copper

Permit();
So far so good, but keyboard/mouse button presses end up in the CLI / potentially closing windows, and I'd like to avoid that. It's especially annoying that pressing e.g. escape ends up pausing the program until enter is pressed.

I've tried:
- Opening a dummy window
- Sending CMD_STOP/CMD_START (also tried throwing in CMD_RESET/CMD_FLUSH for good measure) to input.device
- Adding an input handler to input.device and just returning NULL/modifying RAWKEY/RAWMOUSE events to set NOBUTTON (Similar to the code here: https://github.com/weiju/amiga_c_mod...n/example_01.c)
- SetVBuf(Input(), NULL, BUF_NONE, -1) and draining Input()
- Looked at this post: https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=1507339 and tried opening RAW: (this opens a new window, which I guess is to be expected, so maybe I would need to reopen stdin/Input()?)

Waiting for LMB to be released again before exiting the loop seems to take care of that part at least. I don't care if the keypresses are shown in console window, just that they don't pause the shell (or executed as commands).

Adding an input handler seems to almost work, but it seems to only be called after my main loop (yes, I've also tried removing Forbid/Permit, and waiting for the message port in the IORequest structure).

I know I can just bang the system on its head and fiddle with DMACON/INTENA, but that's what I'm trying to avoid...

Note: Primary using VBCC, but also tried with Bebbo's GCC.
Old 06 February 2022, 14:57   #2
ross
Defendit numerus

Hi

This?:
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...3&postcount=26
Old 06 February 2022, 18:39   #3
paraj

Ross, you're the best, exactly that. Works perfectly

Seems like I was pretty close (but still too far away...), but glad I asked because I hadn't though of the pr_WindowPtr thing for requesters.