English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 12 October 2022, 17:06   #21
aZtOcKdOg

@yesplease Thanks for the detailed breakdown :much appreciated: Yeah that is strange about the non-mobile choice- there really is a lot of segmentation in control / input continuity across the major mobile device OS’s! Strange keyboard mapping on iOS bizarre mouse implementation on Android etc

I really would have thought this tech software would have been fully matured by now- esp something as fundamental as HIDs right?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 13 October 2022, 16:06   #22
aZtOcKdOg

Amazingly, on this topic I was just shared links to the works by someone getting Linux running on an old Pad which sounds promising… ofc Amiga emu is top of my list if not just for the lightweight potential in a studio space (oh… and less e-waste! A topic I have always been proactive about tbh)
Old 15 October 2022, 23:46   #23
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZtOcKdOg View Post
Awesome no probs- yeah I’ve tried ALOT of workarounds for the keyboard arrows and so I can see yes, short of recompile there really is no solution ( although according to a post on EAB- the version before CD32 support was added- the keyboard worked fine) I have also had the displeasure of trying to get around the crap Android implementation of ‘right mouse click = BACK’ (ie the UAE4ARM menu UI)
Who ever though that a mouse would be an excellent input device to alter after almost 40yrs of using it pretty much the same way is beyond me. And for a ‘touchscreen-centric’ OS at that! If I want to go ‘back’ I would press the back button :scratches head: (I know that it’s just because my old device is stuck on Android 7 thanks to the 2 update rule employed by Samsung)… atleast that’s def 1 plus for the other manufacturers… update until it bricks for all they care hahah (not rly)

(EDIT: I mapped the right mouse button physical key in SDL settings startup dialogue to be the physical *R CTRL* key on my keyboard… it will do for now)

I seem to have UAE4ALL2 APK version 2.3.7.5 if that’s of any use?

I’ll be keen to help test if you do get around to that (that being if it will still run on Android 7 ofc lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think then that some workarounds might not work anymore. I've not had time to test yours yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesplease View Post
@aZtOcKdOg

Safari does not (yet) map the BT mouse nor the keyboard combo touch pad to the mouse pointer lock API. Same story for chrome on Android ... so the input 'mouse' which maps the native mouse input to vAmigaWeb does not work on mobile yet... works only on a Laptop computers. Really don't know why they did not do that ... I mean you can plug any exotic BT game controller into vAmigaWeb and it plays fine but an ordinary mouse is not yet supported on mobile platforms ... I think this will be fixed be google or apple in the future because it just feels weird not to support it

alternatively to a real mouse there are still two 'mouse touchpad' implementations for your touch screen ... dragging on your devices screen will make the mouse move ... as for the buttons there are two control schemas

'btn|move|btn' means left mouse button when you touch the left screen edge, right mouse button when you touch the right edge of the screen ... move when swiping in the middle of the screen ... left button is 10% of the left screen side| move 80 % | right button is 10 % of the right screen side

'move|right btn/left btn' means 50% of the left side is for mouse moving and the right 50% of the screen is the two buttons. On the top right quadrant is right button and the right bottom part of the screen is the touch area for the left mouse button.

@Photon
does UAE4Arm support real BT mouse / keyboard touch pads ?
I got the \|/ thingy after you explained it, but obviously you'd like to have a mouse and keyboard work on a platform that supported both. For gaming and such you might actually like touchscreen replacements, at least for just playing a game for a few minutes on the subway, you know not serious stuff.

On the other hand it's not serious to want you know "UAE on a phone" because they are faster than 10yo computers now and as developed, you can do computer stuff on them with keyboard/mouse and play games with controllers so obviously it would be nice with all that supported. <3

Only emulators seems different. Android itself supports it.

And yes it does, I can operate shell, WB, games, everything with BT keyboard, mouse, controller in UAE4ARM. The only problem is it running too fast (framecap) and keyboard cursor keys hard mapped to joyport.

~

I've set up a Linux dev machine and succeeded in all build steps and requirements for UAE4ARM except for the last step which is to produce an actual .apk package but produces a broken symlink in its place. So the repo no longer compiles. I've posted an issue ticket. I can do no more at the moment.
Old 16 October 2022, 06:27   #24
dreadnought

I would've thought PUAE on retroarch should be the best bet to get this going, since Retroarch itself is so hugely popular, and so might have the largest pool of devs who might respond to requests.
Old 17 October 2022, 18:59   #25
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
I would've thought PUAE on retroarch should be the best bet to get this going, since Retroarch itself is so hugely popular, and so might have the largest pool of devs who might respond to requests.
It's pretty bad under RetroArch, which is just a front-end which sort of lacks in functoin and is very much in the way for some things. I have no idea how old the emulators are that it runs.