English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 26 April 2022, 10:53   #1
hexaae
Bug hunter

Who's interested in patching Magnetic Scrolls Collection for Kick3.1+ compatibility?

Today I've installed Magnetic Scrolls Collection (three old legendary text + gfx adventure games: Guild of Thieves, Fish, Corruption) you can now even play online from https://msmemorial.if-legends.org/memorial.php
... Anyway the game still runs absolutely fine, installs to HD and can be launched from modern Workbench 3.1+ even with RTG (!) without troubles. The only problem is that the game freezes on Quit (from menu) probably due to newer kickstart, so I wondered if some brave coder could give the 'Game' exe a look and fix it for kickstart 3.1+ compatibility... there is no need for WHDLoad at all once the Quit thing is fixed.

I could upload the game (its old sources today are available for free) already installed and ready to launch (manually unprotected).

Last edited by hexaae; 26 April 2022 at 14:14.
Old 16 January 2023, 18:56   #2
hexaae
Bug hunter

No one interested in patching this game to avoid freeze on Quit to Workbench >1.3?
Old 16 January 2023, 19:57   #3
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Make a slave request in Mantis for WHDload?
Old 17 January 2023, 15:34   #4
hexaae
Bug hunter

Zoned a generic kick 1.3 WHDLoad install I made.
However a multitasking OS3.x+ friendly patched version (just the quit issue) would still be much cooler!

CRASH ISSUE
I just noticed the game is unstable: after you play some minutes with a game (e.g. Corruption) loading all UI elements (map, compass etc.) and you try to switch from one game to another, sometimes randomly the exe crashes back to CLI with a strange error "Wrong freer! party = 3 CurrentApplication = 0".
Tried also original IPFs and the same bug may randomly happen if you switch too much between the 3 games.
There's something buggy in the mem allocation of this game, to be patched by a proper WHDLoad slave supporting the "extended version" able to switch between games.
ATM, there are single installers for each game.

Last edited by hexaae; 17 January 2023 at 22:55.