English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 26 August 2015, 21:24   #1
clebin

FS-UAE 2.6 and UAEGFX

I've been trying to get UAEGFX working with FS-UAE 2.6beta2 (Mac version) but I'm not having any luck.

I've installed Picasso96 on both Workbench 3.1 and 3.9. When I switch to a uaegfx mode, all I get is a grey screen.

Here's my config (although I've tried various options):

Code:
[fs-uae]
amiga_model = A4000
chip_memory = 2048
fast_memory = 8192
graphics_card = uaegfx
graphics_memory = 32768
hard_drive_0 = /Volumes/Blah/Amiga/OS31.hdf
hard_drive_1 = /Volumes/Blah/Amiga/Work.hdf
hard_drive_2 = /Volumes/Blah/Amiga/DH1
joystick_port_1 = none
kickstart_file = /Volumes/Blah/Amiga/ROMs/kick31.rom
zorro_iii_memory = 65536
Any idea where I'm going wrong?

Chris
Old 01 September 2015, 11:50   #2
clebin

Any suggestions? Has RTG been tried on OS X lately? I can't get it to work in either windowed or full-screen modes. I'm using the Picasso96 install from Aminet by the way - is there another uaegfx driver?

There's a few weird things with window-handling on the OS X version - for instance, dragging the Workbench screen on the Amiga causes the Amiga graphics to 'stretch' before the Workbench screen moves.

If the Linux version is known to work better, then I'll devote a partition to Linux Mint or something and try that...

Thanks,
Chris
Old 01 September 2015, 12:19   #3
jbl007

Greetings to Torchwood City.

Wb3.1 + picasso96.lha from Aminet should work.
Are you sure, you have the correct kickstart file for your emulated A4000? If you use A3000-ks, weired things could happen...
http://fs-uae.net/kickstarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clebin View Post
There's a few weird things with window-handling on the OS X version - for instance, dragging the Workbench screen on the Amiga causes the Amiga graphics to 'stretch' before the Workbench screen moves.
That's a side-effect of the "zoom=auto" option that is enabled by default. Set "zoom" to something else and it works.

Quote:
If the Linux version is known to work better, then I'll devote a partition to Linux Mint or something and try that...
Using Linux is always a good idea!
Old 01 September 2015, 16:58   #4
clebin

Thanks for the advice jbl007!

Kickstart is a good call - to be honest, I'm not sure what model that kickstart is from, but I have Amiga Forever so I'll make sure I use the A4000 ROM and see if that changes anything. Maybe changing the zoom option will help too...

Quote:
Using Linux is always a good idea!
I must try a few of the newer distros. I haven't used it as a main OS since Ubuntu was on Gnome 2, so I'm completely out of touch!

Chris
Old 01 September 2015, 19:48   #5
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

I cannot replicate the problem. If it does not work for you after trying some more, please create a *minimal* directory hard drive exhibiting the problem (e.h. basic WB 3.x install + picasso96), and then you can send a zip of the HD + config to frode@fs-uae.net.

as jbl007 said, Linux is always a good idea (but FS-UAE should work the same on OS X as well)

(zoom option only affects the stretching, it has guaranteed nothing to do with RTG).
Old 01 September 2015, 23:30   #6
clebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
I cannot replicate the problem. If it does not work for you after trying some more, please create a *minimal* directory hard drive exhibiting the problem (e.h. basic WB 3.x install + picasso96), and then you can send a zip of the HD + config to frode@fs-uae.net.

as jbl007 said, Linux is always a good idea (but FS-UAE should work the same on OS X as well)

(zoom option only affects the stretching, it has guaranteed nothing to do with RTG).
Thanks Frode. jbl007 was right - my Kickstart file was to blame. It never even occurred to me that it could be that. All working now and happily testing out Cubic IDE at a nice 1280x800.

Thanks again,
Chris