English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 09 July 2021, 07:12   #1
slaapliedje

Favorite and least favorite thing about OS3.2!

So far that I've discovered while using 3.2, I have to say my favorite thing is the improvements to Intuition, namely the dialog that says it is trying to reset while changing resolution, or similar, will FINALLY actually show the application that is holding it back!

I was trying to switch to an RTG screen, and it actually said it was Amigashell preventing it! Love this feature!

My least favorite is that HDToolbox is somehow still superior in 3.9, and will detect / list various devices of which you would like to scan/configure for set up, where with 3.2 you still have to muck with the tooltype.

Another least favorite, is it seems the A4000 version really (as the only one I've tested so far) only looks for a CD-ROM on the built in IDE controller. I tried on the cybppc.device and one connected to a FastATA controller, and neither would just work. Gotek to the rescue so I didn't have to do a ton of disk swaps...
Old 09 July 2021, 07:16   #2
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

My favorite is being able to resize windows from each corner.
What I don't like is the organization of some prefs. Especially how hidden the crazy amazing color theming is in the ancient and hideous Palette prefs.
Old 09 July 2021, 07:48   #3
slaapliedje

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steril707 View Post
My favorite is being able to resize windows from each corner.
This is also one of my favorites, and seriously amazing. New feature I'd like is to be able to hold one of the amiga keys and click and drag a whole window (maybe that's already a thing I haven't found?) but it's one of my favorite things to be able to do in Gnome. Would be REALLY useful on smaller Amiga screens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steril707
What I don't like is the organization of some prefs. Especially how hidden the crazy amazing color theming is in the ancient and hideous Palette prefs.
Yeah, or even just the different options for resizing windows and mouse wheel (which I still had to install the driver for).
Old 10 July 2021, 14:19   #4
Overmann

I installed 3.2 from a CD-rom connected to cyberscsi.
My favourite thing is the help-function. It's truly amazing. Also the inclusion of automounting adf's (which I've not been able to set up properly myself. I also really like the new mousepointers, which look very good on ECS-machines.
Least favourite might be the fact that I've had to fiddle around the startup-seqyence and copying additional files on both the machines I've installed on as the installer didn't manage to copy yøthe correct files and/or set things up properly.
Old 10 July 2021, 19:39   #5
slaapliedje

Huh, for sure when I tried Activate CD-Rom, it just fails.

Weird, only file I have found to be missing so far is the Installer (which I still think should be in C: as so many install scripts think it should be there.)

I haven't tried the ADF mounter yet, as I am waiting for new memory modules so I can hopefully have a stable PPC...