English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Creation > Graphics

Old 17 January 2024, 09:24   #21
Amigajay

Yes does seem strange that France wouldn’t have budget releases when the majority of major European countries did. Memories do play tricks on the mind though, maybe its just something you weren’t interested in buying and therefore never looked at or remembered.

And yes, i agree collectors more than ever want to collect a ‘set’ of something especially if the packaging is uniform in design, and there are plenty of budget labels that do that.

I have 50 ish posters on the go, trouble is finding images for some of them to finish each set! and they take time touching up the images themselves!
Old 17 January 2024, 11:45   #22
Calabazam

Yes i confirm that i have never seen budget type solo games in France and i had a lot of original games at the time. Instead there were so called compilations. For instance, the game First Samurai was later sold as part of several packages

- with Megalomania

- with other games in an UBI soft compilation including again MegaloMania and i think Battle Isle and Perfect General - i don't find a picture online for now but i do own it but it is deeply buried in my storage room, can't get it right now. I remember the second disk of FS was damaged and i couldn't get past a level in a futuristic city and had to send my disk back to Ubi Soft.

EDIT : found trace of this compilation called "Battle of Time" with these 4 games, reviewd in Amiga Dream issue 6 (french magazine) but still no pic of the box https://amr.abime.net/review_41811

ReEDIT: still no box, but at least the review. The french Amiga magazines never reviewed budget games but only this kind of bundle. Maybe the french text on the budget boxes was intendend to other markets (Belgium, Switzerland).

- in the Fun Radio La Compil Micro 4 (FM french radio with very little relationship with computers but yet they authored several compilations) with Crazy Cars III, Lemmings, Indy IV action, Super Ski 2.
with https://amiga.abime.net/games/view/f...compil-micro-4

EDIT : i found a visual of this box for the Atari ST version (sorry about that).

Last edited by Calabazam; 17 January 2024 at 21:44.
Old 17 January 2024, 21:42   #23
Calabazam

So you see my point about how it was possible to buy several games for the price of one.
Have you seen these boxes in your country?
Old 17 January 2024, 21:56   #24
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabazam View Post
So you see my point about how it was possible to buy several games for the price of one.
Have you seen these boxes in your country?
Not those in particular, but compilation sets were common in other countries alongside budget releases.
Old 19 January 2024, 11:18   #25
Amigajay

Anyone know of a Microprose Golf/Greens Powerplus edition for the Amiga? I know there is a PC version, but no review or any mention of an Amiga one.

Edit: nevermind i found a Powerplus leaflet that states it's not available on the Amiga on the budget label.

Last edited by Amigajay; 19 January 2024 at 11:26.
Old 19 January 2024, 11:57   #26
Amigajay

Created a Powerplus budget range poster from Microprose label.

Also via the link in the first post, i have uploaded my other posters nearest to completion but are missing some images, there is a note with the games still needed for those posters if anyone has them, cheers!
Old 20 January 2024, 03:17   #27
D13TZ13

Here's a Tactix Final Conflict cover scan..

Please tell me there's not Zool, Lotus III & Harlequin on GBH!? I thought I was done collecting them

DI3TZI3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FinalConflict_Cover.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	818.4 KB
ID:	81378   Click image for larger version

Name:	FinalConflict_Back.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	1,015.0 KB
ID:	81379  
Old 20 January 2024, 07:57   #28
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Thank you for the scans I have added them to the HOL entry. Could you also scan the disk? For the non-box scans please use this subforum: https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=44
Old 20 January 2024, 08:52   #29
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by D13TZ13 View Post
Here's a Tactix Final Conflict cover scan..

Please tell me there's not Zool, Lotus III & Harlequin on GBH!? I thought I was done collecting them

DI3TZI3
Thanks!

I have seen the Zool GBH a couple of years ago, not thinking i needed the picture then i never saved it and have not seen another one since! And same for the other two, both reviewed on the GBH label, but Harelquin was niche anyway, so a budget version if it exists would be extremely rare 30 years later! Lotus 3 slipped out on GBH in 1994, alongside the Lotus Trilogy disk version, so i would imagine numbers were low, so its sometimes just a case of waiting for a copy to turn up every few years!
Old 20 January 2024, 11:14   #30
D13TZ13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
Thank you for the scans I have added them to the HOL entry. Could you also scan the disk? For the non-box scans please use this subforum: https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=44
Sure, I'll take a look later today.
Old 20 January 2024, 11:15   #31
D13TZ13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Thanks!

I have seen the Zool GBH a couple of years ago, not thinking i needed the picture then i never saved it and have not seen another one since! And same for the other two, both reviewed on the GBH label, but Harelquin was niche anyway, so a budget version if it exists would be extremely rare 30 years later! Lotus 3 slipped out on GBH in 1994, alongside the Lotus Trilogy disk version, so i would imagine numbers were low, so its sometimes just a case of waiting for a copy to turn up every few years!
Good to know! Thanks!
Old 20 January 2024, 11:30   #32
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by D13TZ13 View Post
Sure, I'll take a look later today.
Thank you
Old 20 January 2024, 12:14   #33
D13TZ13

All done
Old 11 February 2024, 11:57   #34
Amigajay

Finally put together the Kixx XL poster after lots of work on the images.

Still no evidence of The Black Cauldron, perhaps they couldn't get the license from Disney, as even the DOS/ST versions have never been seen in the Kixx XL format, so left it out.

Colour banding isn't as evident here on the high res version you can download via the first post link, i just had to reduce colours to upload to kofi.

Old 14 February 2024, 11:10   #35
Amigajay

Buzz budget game poster, was actually the first one i started hence the more basic look, but finally found a Vikings game box image, so another one ticked off.

Old 17 February 2024, 11:01   #36
Amigajay

Next poster I've been working on, interesting to note US Gold flogged the original Street Fighter to death, re-releasing it 4 times on the Kixx/Klassic budget labels!

The first of the Kixx posters is what i call the 'sun design', as i had to split it up between the 'electric design' and £4.99/numbered range.

The sun design was altered 3 times during 1991, the first with price in the corner was from Mar-May 1991, second without the price was around Jun-Oct 1991, then from Nov 1991 their final alteration was removing the diagonal format point to the more traditional bottom left rectangle.