English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 20 April 2021, 19:31   #1
bohemist

Floppy disk RetroPedija - new Croatian retrogaming YouTube channel

Hi guys!

I know it's a really niche channel since I don't know how many people at this forum are from Croatia and/or neighbouring countries that understand Croatian, but I started this channel because I haven't found one focused exclusively on retrogaming in my native language.

Here's my channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCi...4QjuWx2eg1w3ig

And here's my THEC64 Maxi unboxing/gameplay/first impressions video:
[ Show youtube player ]

If you like my videos feel free to subscribe and follow me on Facebook and Instagram:
https://www.facebook.com/RetroPedija?
https://www.instagram.com/retropedija/?

Thanks!
Old 24 April 2021, 00:41   #2
Cobe

Hey! I have the same t-shirt
Nice videos. But we're expecting Amiga ones
I saw you covered uninevitable best soccer ever.
You know I hacked it with ex-yu teams
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xji...w?usp=drivesdk

Ps
First time i saw a rain in MS was on my brother's("from aunt") b/w little tv with sound turned off(so we wouldnt disturb the elders) and we were like, whats this, some moles are digging the ground!
Old 24 April 2021, 06:33   #3
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Balkan people like retro stuff too? Woot?!

Nice channel... will have to check those videos again. Do you plan to cover 'guides and instructions' for those balkan people who don't speak English??

Probably should in one of next videos cover Tomaz' ex-YU Magazine. They did great job in preserving part of my childhood from 80s and earlier 90's... Where my lunch money went...
Old 25 April 2021, 20:26   #4
bohemist

Thanks for the support, guys!

Cobe, it's a nice shirt, right? I still haven't checked out your ex-YU hacked MicroSoccer, I hope to find time for it soon, I was busy filming and editing my new episode of RetroPedija. The topic is the Game Boy.
[ Show youtube player ]

Anubis, definitely, a lot of people told me I should focus on local and regional topics which I'd love to, but my knowledge is somewhat limited. At that time I didn't buy computer magazines a lot (only later the ones in Croatia focused on gaming - it was called Hacker), but I'm willing to research and make videos about it.
Old 26 April 2021, 16:10   #5
Cobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Nice channel... will have to check those videos again. Do you plan to cover 'guides and instructions' for those balkan people who don't speak English??
I think things changed a lot since you left. Now almost everyone at least in retro comunity understands english and speaks it at some accaptable level.

Though I cant help my self and I am still reading load/return, run/return like when I was a kid, as its written("po vuku" Correct pronunciation sounds like secrilige to me

I think one episode for non-balkan people in english covering pirate copy clubs that advertized freely in magazines and similar would be interesting to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemist View Post
Cobe, it's a nice shirt, right?
Nice one! Thanks! Were you here when you brought those t-shirts or those were your friends?
Old 26 April 2021, 19:02   #6
bohemist

It would definitely be cool to make a video about the pirate and hacking scene, I don't know much about it, I know I used to order some mix tapes with pirated games and had them delivered by mail, but that was so common back in the day that I never even knew that it was not completely, erm, legal. Are there any Web sources about it you can recommend?

As far as making videos in English, that's not currently the plan, but you know what they say - never say never. Maybe some kind of a combo video in English with Croatian subtitles or vice versa, just to try it out (I never made a video and subtitles for it).

I didn't quite understand the question about the T-shirt tbh.

Last edited by bohemist; 26 April 2021 at 19:04. Reason: Addition of tj the last sentence
Old 27 April 2021, 00:28   #7
Cobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemist View Post
It would definitely be cool to make a video about the pirate and hacking scene, I don't know much about it, I know I used to order some mix tapes with pirated games and had them delivered by mail, but that was so common back in the day that I never even knew that it was not completely, erm, legal. Are there any Web sources about it you can recommend?

As far as making videos in English, that's not currently the plan, but you know what they say - never say never. Maybe some kind of a combo video in English with Croatian subtitles or vice versa, just to try it out (I never made a video and subtitles for it).

I didn't quite understand the question about the T-shirt tbh.
I've got the t-shirt on a retro meeting few years ago here in Serbia from the guys from Croatia. I thought maybe you were among them too.

Tomaz's site is great source. He has scans of many magazines from 80s till the end of 90s. If you pick up any of them and look at the adds advertising software you can be 101% sure that they were pirates.

Some time ago I looked at them just to see how much after some game was published we had it here and it was instantly advertised the following month. And those were not just some kids coping disks for you in their bedroom while their mother was cooking something really good in the kitchen across but big stores too.
Old 07 May 2021, 09:43   #8
bohemist

New episode featuring the NINTENDO64!
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 07 May 2021, 13:40   #9
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobe View Post
I think things changed a lot since you left. Now almost everyone at least in retro comunity understands english and speaks it at some accaptable level.

Though I cant help my self and I am still reading load/return, run/return like when I was a kid, as its written("po vuku" Correct pronunciation sounds like secrilige to me

I think one episode for non-balkan people in english covering pirate copy clubs that advertized freely in magazines and similar would be interesting to them.

Nice one! Thanks! Were you here when you brought those t-shirts or those were your friends?

I guess stuff does change in 30 years.

Speaking of EX-yu pirate scene... you can cover, now I am talking of memory - was it 'Racunari u vasoj kuci' or 'Svet Kompjutera' - review of new exciting games for Amiga that did not exist, games it is hard to believe its possible on amiga - so everyone started calling local pirates to check if they got them...

There were some very engry calls...
Old 07 May 2021, 21:49   #10
Cobe

hmm that does ring a bell...

First what I can think of is this review of Last Eden
http://retrospec.sgn.net/users/tomca...all=AmSv_95_07

but I think there was something before that but I cant remember now...