English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 23 May 2022, 15:07   #1
axel81l

AMIGA VGA ADAPTER with VLR - PREMIUM VERSION - Made with original DB23F + Cover

PREMIUM VERSION

PRICE: 45€ + shipping

• Even more compact
  • VGA connector is internally mounted to make it even smaller - a record for our popular VGA VLR adapter!Check the pictures

What are the strengths compared to other Amiga VGA adapters on the market?Too much.. :-)

- VGA adapter with vertical lines removal + VDE system
- Original DB23 female connector (no DB25 cut!)
- Original DB23 cover shell
- Miniaturized adapter and fully compatible with ALL Amiga platforms
- And made by Axel81l Team!

IT'S TIME FOR DELIGHT :-D

New VGA Adapter version with miniaturized VLR (vertical line remover) in original HOOD DB23!...and compatible with any AMIGA.
No shell cut off ... no connector cut off : all original!

...This is the best Amiga RGB-VGA adapter on the WEB..

What's new?

New VGA Adapter miniaturized in original DB23 HOOD with original DB23F and VLR system!
VLR system (vertical line remover) that fix vertical line on your LCD monitor/TV 15KHz horizontal compatible
VDE system (video distortion enhancement) that improve video quality and NO background noise

History...and future

I have read and received inquiries in this time since I successfully put the VGA adapter made with the original DB23 connector on sale. To date almost 800 units have been sold between Ebay and retrogamer forum and other online channels. Great success and appreciation for having an original DB23F connector on board (not a cut DB25)

Many of you were bored by those annoying vertical lines that arise with the use of LED matrix (example Benq BL702A). This LCD monitor is one of the few monitors that allows you to almost completely obviate these "vertical bars" by adjusting the various parameters of meù such as the "pixel clock".

But not all LCD monitors / TVs (compatible with 15KHz) have this feature, so the result is images with these annoying vertical stripes which are really bad.

From today this will finally be just a distant memory.

With the new VGA ADAPTER with VLR+VDE system you can use any monitor / TV (compatible 15KHz) without having to change the image parameters (pixel clock, etc.)
Furthermore, the saturation / color /distortion of the RGB components is improved with the new adapter (you can see it in the second photo VDE system )

COMPATIBILITY
This adapter allows you to connect a VGA/SVGA* or Multiscan monitor to your Amiga RGB port.
This is fully buffered for Commodore-Amiga 500, 500+, 600, 1200 or "big box" Amiga systems (also for A4000, just ask me in order to cut little bit the cover shell)
This adapter allows you to use the following display modes:

DBLPal
DBLNTSC
Euro 36Hz and 72Hz
Super72
Multiscan/Productivity
VGA Only

IMPORTANT NOTE:
*SVGA monitor must be able to sync the Amiga's 15Khz signal (most CRT monitors have no problem doing this). Some LCD monitors such as DELL U2410 or BENQ BL702A sync down and support 15Khz- check your monitor specifications for more information.
If your monitor does not support 15KHz, then you will not get a picture until the software drivers are installed and workbench is loaded.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220421_164301_edit (FILEminimizer).jpg
Views:	97
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	75632   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220421_164252_edit (FILEminimizer).jpg
Views:	77
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	75633   Click image for larger version

Name:	download (1).png
Views:	84
Size:	332.7 KB
ID:	75634   Click image for larger version

Name:	download.png
Views:	84
Size:	342.6 KB
ID:	75635   Click image for larger version

Name:	adapter VLR_mod (FILEminimizer).jpg
Views:	93
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	75636  

Name:	adapter base_vertical line_edit (FILEminimizer).jpg
Views:	95
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	75637  
Old 19 June 2022, 17:56   #2
Leon Besson
Banned

Have seen these for sale on EBay. Anyone bought and confirm that these work Bromigos?!
Old 29 June 2022, 14:17   #3
Signman

Thinking about getting one but no one seems to have much to say on this.
Old 29 June 2022, 15:58   #4
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signman View Post
Thinking about getting one but no one seems to have much to say on this.
Maybe not all that good then

Might get one and if it doesn’t live up to the EBay listing the seller makes out raise a 30 Day money back guarantee :grea
Old 29 June 2022, 16:11   #5
Signman

Forgive me if I'm wrong but not much with the Amibay listing either. I want believe otherwise.
Old 29 June 2022, 18:16   #6
lilwshu

I have a version of this from Retro Ready and it does work on my A1200, vertical lines and banding are removed from the image. However this is done at the cost of sharpness which is only really noticeable for me in interlaced or doublescan modes. I use these a lot so I can’t really recommend it on that basis.
Old 29 June 2022, 20:25   #7
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwshu View Post
I have a version of this from Retro Ready and it does work on my A1200, vertical lines and banding are removed from the image. However this is done at the cost of sharpness which is only really noticeable for me in interlaced or doublescan modes. I use these a lot so I can’t really recommend it on that basis.
Good to know Bromigo!
Old 31 August 2022, 14:28   #8
axel81l

Still available
And yes it works..you can see feedback also on Ebay or Amibay forum
Old 01 September 2022, 08:34   #9
axel81l

if you are interested, look at some of the feedback received
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	feedback.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	76448  
Old 13 September 2022, 22:05   #10
Leon Besson
Banned

So I bought 2 of these recently from this seller. First impressions. Hmmmm… it doesn’t work on my Samsung Multiview LCD monitor as it tells me I need a better resolution with no display.

Now I haven’t tried this in anything else I have so will report back. But I have a feeling this is really towards the older CRT generation
Old 15 September 2022, 19:01   #11
Leon Besson
Banned

So update time after the seller sends me a poke mail on EBay about giving him feedback

Have now managed to test one of these on a Dell Monitor that can handle the 15khz mode. To be honest it’s okay. Seems to get a bit of ghosting around the text on Amiga Test Kit. Maybe I’m expecting too much?

Not tried it with games etc… Got a feeling I’m too used to a Flickerfixer/scandoubler where the picture looks nice and clear.