English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 09 August 2022, 15:52   #1
elowan

Scroll by mousewheel in OS3.2

hi there,

somehow my mousewheel seems to be mapped to "press right mouse button" when I try to scroll down the wheel. (I did not change any config, regarding this)

OS 3.2 should have scrollwheel support working out of the box - on my macbook, scrolling by trackpad works (FS-uae), so I wonder if I need to do some special setup in WinUAE to get the convenience to scroll with a mouse wheel?

cheers
Old 09 August 2022, 15:54   #2
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
My OS3.2.1 still needs a coccolino and its driver for wheel to work.
Old 09 August 2022, 18:59   #3
Solo Kazuki

Are You sure it's not problem with emulator config but system? See MMB case which also should be usable with AmigaOS 3.2, but for WinUAE by default it's mapped as pause and hide emulation.
Old 09 August 2022, 20:52   #4
thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
On real hardware this is true. But WinUAE already feeds mouse wheel events in to the input stream. It does not need an additional driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elowan View Post
somehow my mousewheel seems to be mapped to "press right mouse button" when I try to scroll down the wheel.
This is probably something you did on WinUAE's Input panel. I never heard about something similar happen by accident.

However, if you do run a driver like Cocolino, Mroocheck, EzMouse or the like in WinUAE, it might cause erroneous input events.
Old 28 August 2022, 22:28   #5
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post

What is Coccolino?? I bought Mouse from Amiga+Kit that has a Amiga Check on it, and it has a wheel, but with OS 3.1(.1) it doesn't function so I'm looking for a way to make that happen. I checked Aminet but I didn't see anything related to Coccolino. Thanks.
Old 29 August 2022, 01:44   #6
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! View Post
What is Coccolino?? I bought Mouse from Amiga+Kit that has a Amiga Check on it, and it has a wheel, but with OS 3.1(.1) it doesn't function so I'm looking for a way to make that happen. I checked Aminet but I didn't see anything related to Coccolino. Thanks.
Bromigo! Cocolino is a hardware mouse adapter that is made and sold by a company called Elbox. Basically it’s used with ps/2 style PC mice with a scroll wheel and uses its own driver software and something called “freewheel” software.

http://aminet.net/package/util/mouse/FreeWheel

http://www.elbox.com/products/cocolino.html

If you bought the Amigakit 9 pin connector mouse. The. You should have received the software driver for it which contains a “mx100” driver and freewheel, so that Workbench can fully utilise the mouse with the scroll wheel.

There is a working link still to download the software from post #23 on this thread;

https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=1490342

Last edited by Leon Besson; 29 August 2022 at 01:51.
Old 29 August 2022, 08:31   #7
thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! View Post
I bought Mouse from Amiga+Kit that has a Amiga Check on it, and it has a wheel, but with OS 3.1(.1) it doesn't function so I'm looking for a way to make that happen.
https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...80&postcount=5
Old 29 August 2022, 16:56   #8
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Besson View Post
Bromigo! Cocolino is a hardware mouse adapter that is made and sold by a company called Elbox. Basically it’s used with ps/2 style PC mice with a scroll wheel and uses its own driver software and something called “freewheel” software.

http://aminet.net/package/util/mouse/FreeWheel

http://www.elbox.com/products/cocolino.html

Ahhhh. Okay, Bromigo! I haven't looked much into Elbox, though years ago I started to. Appreciate the reply. I don't really want to use a PS/2 mouse, but...almost anything is possible.

Quote:
If you bought the Amigakit 9 pin connector mouse. The. You should have received the software driver for it which contains a “mx100” driver and freewheel, so that Workbench can fully utilise the mouse with the scroll wheel.

There is a working link still to download the software from post #23 on this thread;

https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=1490342

Oops, I forgot to mention I have that program disabled in my Workbench Startup for OS 3.5. It has or causes some problems. I'd have to use it again to recall exactly why I had enough with it. I recall writing Amiga-Kit about it and not getting any kind of reply. Maybe that link points to a newer version that solves some problems? I'll check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=1196580&postcount=5
Ahh, I don't recall seeing the last bit of software there before. I'll check if this is a newer version and how well both function together. Appreciate the reply.
Old 29 August 2022, 18:16   #9
AC/DC HACKER!

Ahhhh, yes... If I play Payback, WOS version, with the MX1000 driver active..when exiting control of the mouse has been lost, cannot move the pointer. If I scroll the wheel, the icons are cycled through.

Quake 2 WOS...there's an odd "Jumping" affect that happens. Once game is exited, same as Payback.

If I scrolled the wheel fast enough, and Don't click on it, it's like the RMB is actived for a very quick moment - millisecond. I can see a menu show, I use MagicMenu.

With OS 3.2(.1).. It's a total loss of pointer movement.
With OS 3..5..not a total loss, but still has those affects. The driver is buggy..or the games are causing problems. Either way, looks like as long as I don't have the driver loaded for those games, it works okay otherwise. Yeah, this is what I noticed before. My attention has been in a lot of other areas for the past several months though. Good refresher.
Old 13 November 2022, 14:49   #10
AlphaAmiga

I have the same mouse from AmigaKit (tick logo style);

https://www.amigakit.com/classic-ami...epdb8pl5j1n1mk

Although its got a scroll wheel it is non-functional as a wheel (I believe its currently mapped to work like right mouse button). AmigaKit have told me that they are still working on firmware to get the scroll wheel working, but its sometime off.

I think these mice are using USB style mice as the base - none of the USB to DB9 port Amiga stuff supports USB mice scroll wheel. I think the older 'BoingBall' mice were probably based on PS/2 style units so the scroll wheel could be more easily supported (I so wish I had gotten one of those now).

Hopefully once firmware is finished I can somehow "flash" it to this mouse as lack of scroll wheel even can be so annoying!
Old 09 December 2022, 05:22   #11
klx300r

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post

Thanks Thomas :-)
Old 09 December 2022, 05:26   #12
klx300r

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaAmiga View Post
I have the same mouse from AmigaKit (tick logo style);

https://www.amigakit.com/classic-ami...epdb8pl5j1n1mk

Although its got a scroll wheel it is non-functional as a wheel (I believe its currently mapped to work like right mouse button). AmigaKit have told me that they are still working on firmware to get the scroll wheel working, but its sometime off.

I think these mice are using USB style mice as the base - none of the USB to DB9 port Amiga stuff supports USB mice scroll wheel. I think the older 'BoingBall' mice were probably based on PS/2 style units so the scroll wheel could be more easily supported (I so wish I had gotten one of those now).

Hopefully once firmware is finished I can somehow "flash" it to this mouse as lack of scroll wheel even can be so annoying!
ah that sucks..I've got the checkmark one too that works greta but would be nice to have that scroll button working properly for sure