English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.TOSEC (amiga only)

Old 29 December 2017, 22:17   #1
tomse
We need more scans!

TOSEC PIX available

For those into digital versions of hardcopy - better known as scans-

I can now say that TOSEC-PIX (Commodore) is added to the fileserver.

If you want the whole package, I'd recommend using torrent and please help seeding

http://www.retro-commodore.eu/files/...11-11).torrent
Old 12 September 2018, 00:04   #2
DamienD
Banned

I've now moved this to the following location on the EAB File Server:
/Commodore_Amiga/TOSEC/TOSEC-PIX_(2017-11-11)
Old 24 December 2018, 21:48   #3
peo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomse View Post
For those into digital versions of hardcopy - better known as scans-

I can now say that TOSEC-PIX (Commodore) is added to the fileserver.

If you want the whole package, I'd recommend using torrent and please help seeding

http://www.retro-commodore.eu/files/...11-11).torrent
I noticed that there has been a lot of updates of the RCEU site in
Is all of the RCEU content available somewhere ? I see you mentioned "use the torrents", but these seems dead (at least for Amiga Format), which only leaves me with the option to risk of getting banned because I download the high qualite scans directly from the site, one by one, to be able to help to seed the torrents (have a slow upload speed, but can at least give away 20-50k/s, better than nothing)...

Last edited by peo; 24 December 2018 at 23:59. Reason: RECU -> RCEU
Old 24 December 2018, 22:00   #4
tomse
We need more scans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peo View Post
I noticed that there has been a lot of updates of the RECU site in
Is all of the RECU content available somewhere ? I see you mentioned "use the torrents", but these seems dead (at least for Amiga Format), which only leaves me with the option to risk of getting banned because I download the high qualite scans directly from the site, one by one, to be able to help to seed the torrents (have a slow upload speed, but can at least give away 20-50k/s, better than nothing)...

if you download one at a time, max 5 within 1 hour (I think it is), then you shouldn't have a problem. The antileech system works for files larger than 50 megs.. files smaller aren't tracked by the antileecher.

It seems the only torrent seeder left is blocked maybe from a firewall.
I cannot seed myself due to where I live at the present moment (this will change in the near future).
Old 24 December 2018, 22:45   #5
peo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomse View Post
if you download one at a time, max 5 within 1 hour (I think it is), then you shouldn't have a problem. The antileech system works for files larger than 50 megs.. files smaller aren't tracked by the antileecher.

It seems the only torrent seeder left is blocked maybe from a firewall.
I cannot seed myself due to where I live at the present moment (this will change in the near future).
Are you able to exclude my home IP (beginning with 81.) from the antileech system ? Also is the server hosting the site able to be a constant seeder, at some lower speed (30-100k/s) ? I did this modification to one of the web based torrent trackers like 10 years ago (can't remember which and exactly how I changed it)..
Old 24 December 2018, 23:17   #6
peo

Blocked for some time after downloading 5 smaller (< 50MB) files too.
Old 25 December 2018, 00:02   #7
peo

Just realized I had all the files in the old (dead) torrent.. just on another NAS (and incorrectly searched for RECU where it should be RCEU).
Some files (of the newly downloaded) did not check 100% against the torrent.. maybe updated since the torrent was created.
Old 26 December 2018, 10:32   #8
tomse
We need more scans!

Quote:
Are you able to exclude my home IP (beginning with 81.) from the antileech system ? Also is the server hosting the site able to be a constant seeder, at some lower speed (30-100k/s) ? I did this modification to one of the web based torrent trackers like 10 years ago (can't remember which and exactly how I changed it)..

No, you'll just have to wait the amount of time for it to time out.

Quote:
Just realized I had all the files in the old (dead) torrent.. just on another NAS (and incorrectly searched for RECU where it should be RCEU).
Some files (of the newly downloaded) did not check 100% against the torrent.. maybe updated since the torrent was created.

Some files have been improved, better lossless compression, improved cleanup etc.
Old 01 January 2019, 16:31   #9
tomse
We need more scans!

It seems there is a problem with the tracker using udp, I've created new torrents, and added more torrents (even stuff that needs replacing), and I've added 2 other trackers now.

some replication is needed for the main seeder, this will take some time.. so just have patience :-)
Old 01 August 2021, 16:32   #10
peo

Broken tracker for RCEU ?

@tomse
Is there any problem with the tracker ? I have tried to update my collection from the set of torrent files that were available in mid January 2021 (newest file 2020-10-19) with the current set from May.
All previous downloads were completed (except some Lightwave magazine in TOSEC-PIX, because its name started with "." - these files were not available from your seeders or the tracker if that also seeds).

I have tried adding a few of the 2021-05 torrents to another client since qBittorrent reported "unknown user or incorrect password" (or similar).

Validating against the previously downloaded files gives:
Tech_Misc missing 124k (onlu the crap file "Thumbs.db")
Tech_Amiga missing 2MB, two files are shown as incomplete, but they are not corrupt. One file is reported as missing ("Commodore_A600-A1200_Harddrive_upgrade.pdf"), and I cannot find it on the site.
LowQualityScans missing 88.1GB, shows a lot of file missing (most probably from bombjack) and incomplete.

As I'm the only one to ask this (stupid) question, I guess I'm just doing something wrong.. If something is broken, how can we help to fix that ?
Old 02 August 2021, 00:31   #11
tomse
We need more scans!

Quote:
@tomse
Is there any problem with the tracker ? I have tried to update my collection from the set of torrent files that were available in mid January 2021 (newest file 2020-10-19) with the current set from May.
All previous downloads were completed (except some Lightwave magazine in TOSEC-PIX, because its name started with "." - these files were not available from your seeders or the tracker if that also seeds).

I have tried adding a few of the 2021-05 torrents to another client since qBittorrent reported "unknown user or incorrect password" (or similar).
I'm not sure what it is you're doing, to get such a report.

What you can do to fix most issues is, remove the torrents (not the files), download the torrents again and add them to your tracker client.
Make the client validate all the files, and the ones not correct or missing, should be re-downloaded automatically.

Quote:
Validating against the previously downloaded files gives:
Tech_Misc missing 124k (onlu the crap file "Thumbs.db")
This has been taken into consideration and should be fixed in the next update.

Quote:
Tech_Amiga missing 2MB, two files are shown as incomplete, but they are not corrupt. One file is reported as missing ("Commodore_A600-A1200_Harddrive_upgrade.pdf"), and I cannot find it on the site.
you can find the file in row 3 here
https://www.retro-commodore.eu/amiga-tech/
but you should be able to download it if you refresh the torrents (see above)

Quote:
LowQualityScans missing 88.1GB, shows a lot of file missing (most probably from bombjack) and incomplete.
There are a lot of doublets between LowQualityScans and TOSEC/RCEU
The doublets have been deleted, which is probably what you see.

I've just finished updating the sites torrents, see if that doesn't help.
the LQS takes a long time to update, I'll see if I can come with an update of this soon.
Old 02 August 2021, 12:09   #12
peo

Just checking with the new set of torrent files. Getting the same problem connecting to the tracker:
http://peo.yliniemi.se/amiga/rceu-error-bittorrent.png

And the tracker URL in a web browser
http://peo.yliniemi.se/amiga/rceu-error-tracker.png

After more investigation, it looks like my internet provider (or my router wich is a dd-wrt:ed Asus) is blocking amigacity.xyz for some unknown reason..
(from my server inside the home network)
Code:
telnet amigacity.xyz 80
Trying 45.79.184.106...
^C
(from server outside my home network)
Code:
root@server:~ # telnet amigacity.xyz 80
Trying 45.79.184.106...
Connected to amigacity.xyz.
Escape character is '^]'.
^]
telnet> close
Connection closed.
root@server:~ #
Have no problem with "most" other sites ("most" does not include those I'm not able to access without having investigated it further).

Anyway.. my problem, not yours. Will just use the new set of torrents to check against the files I already have, cannot help in seeding for the moment because of crappy router or internet provider.

Update:
It looks like I have misbehaved in that way on amigacity.xyz that I deserved that ban (I'm able to access the page when using VPN).. The problem is, that I have never tried to access amigacity before, and I just changed internet provider (in late June), so it's possible I've inherited that ban from someone else..

Last edited by peo; 02 August 2021 at 12:37. Reason: update
Old 02 August 2021, 16:43   #13
dreadnought

Do you have some sort of criteria for file inclusion? I'm just wondering, because I saw that Game/Manuals directory is rather small, while there are lots of manuals available on the net (I have about 14GB of them).