English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 07 June 2021, 14:05   #81
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Browne View Post
It was this one- but mine has no text on it- https://www.ebay.ie/itm/224464849071

I can open mine up if needed sure for pics of pcb.
Yes, please do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenam View Post
Hi @MickGyver,
Any update on that upgrade kit for my KTRL CD32?

I still haven't assembled it as I would prefer the + version...

Thanks!
Sorry about the delay, I will send you a PM!
Old 07 June 2021, 14:35   #82
MickGyver

Quote:
It was this one- but mine has no text on it- https://www.ebay.ie/itm/224464849071

I can open mine up if needed sure for pics of pcb.
I did some more investigation, the seller might be selling my older design that I have shared under a non-commercial license. I contacted them to see if this is the case.

Last edited by MickGyver; 07 June 2021 at 19:44.
Old 07 June 2021, 15:21   #83
xavlahaye

Hello @MickGyver, I'm interested in 2 KTRL CD32+ controllers, will it be possible to buy them soon?

Many thanks
Old 08 June 2021, 19:05   #84
stylon

If you check back on the previous page he said he's going to start making some more very soon.
Old 08 June 2021, 19:40   #85
john4p
Competition Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickGyver View Post
I did some more investigation, the seller might be selling my older design that I have shared under a non-commercial license. I contacted them to see if this is the case.
I bought one of these, too, and it came with these instructions:

Works well, but buttons can't be mapped freely. I'd like to have UP on the red button for platformers but that's not possible.
Old 08 June 2021, 19:50   #86
CrazyPepsi

if i was MickGyver i would hire someone to make those pads the amiga/commodore are on fire right now people are paying crazy money for gamepads that are working or not
Old 08 June 2021, 20:53   #87
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPepsi View Post
if i was MickGyver i would hire someone to make those pads the amiga/commodore are on fire right now people are paying crazy money for gamepads that are working or not
I have been thinking about that, the KTRL CD32+ also works perfectly on the C64. I have also made a new "special edition" KTRL CD32+ that I will reveal soon.
Old 08 June 2021, 23:26   #88
CrazyPepsi

Quote:
I have been thinking about that, the KTRL CD32+ also works perfectly on the C64. I have also made a new "special edition" KTRL CD32+ that I will reveal soon.
hmmmm

Kippis !
Old 09 June 2021, 00:10   #89
BeamCoder

Quote:
Request for 3 button direct pin in joystick mode while still having gamepad mode option

Honestly I just want a 3 button direct pin controller just because of the lower input lag even if that CD32 controller just have 700 microseconds of latency(Is it still 700 microseconds?).
Old 09 June 2021, 15:38   #90
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

https://imgur.com/NPakVej

Photos of the Pcb.
Old 10 June 2021, 06:58   #91
MickGyver

Quote:
https://imgur.com/NPakVej

Photos of the Pcb.
Thanks! Ok, this design doesn't seem to be related to the KTRL CD32(+) at all (other than using the same kind of shell).
Old 10 June 2021, 07:11   #92
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamCoder View Post
Request for 3 button direct pin in joystick mode while still having gamepad mode option

Honestly I just want a 3 button direct pin controller just because of the lower input lag even if that CD32 controller just have 700 microseconds of latency(Is it still 700 microseconds?).
I can look into an option for that. I don't think the KTRL CD32+ has 700 microseconds of lag, I can make a new test and let you know.
Old 10 June 2021, 08:18   #93
MickGyver

Quote:

I have some memory of guesstimating the latency at some point and used a "safe" value, but I seem to have seriously misjudged it. I just measured the latency and it is only ~84µs (microseconds).

EDIT: I optimised the code somewhat and got it down to ~76µs, just need to test the changes.

Last edited by MickGyver; 10 June 2021 at 08:31.
Old 10 June 2021, 10:28   #94
BeamCoder

Quote:
I have some memory of guesstimating the latency at some point and used a "safe" value, but I seem to have seriously misjudged it. I just measured the latency and it is only ~84µs (microseconds).

EDIT: I optimised the code somewhat and got it down to ~76µs, just need to test the changes.

Wow that's really low! Even compared to what I think the latency is for a direct pin. In direct pin, with buttons 2 and 3, I read you have to wait for 300 microseconds between writing and reading POTGO. Is this different for a CD32 protocol? Anyway, a 76µs latency even beats high end USB mouse of today: 8khz Razer Viper(125µs polling rate).
Old 10 June 2021, 12:05   #95
MickGyver

Quote:
Wow that's really low! Even compared to what I think the latency is for a direct pin. In direct pin, with buttons 2 and 3, I read you have to wait for 300 microseconds between writing and reading POTGO. Is this different for a CD32 protocol? Anyway, a 76µs latency even beats high end USB mouse of today: 8khz Razer Viper(125µs polling rate).
The ~80us latency is compared to a direct pin joystick, I didn't take into account the once per frame polling latency in games that affects all joysticks and gamepads. That latency averages 10ms for pal and 8ms for ntsc, but like I said, that latency affects ALL joysticks/gamepads.
Old 10 June 2021, 12:58   #96
BeamCoder

Quote:
The ~80us latency is compared to a direct pin joystick, I didn't take into account the once per frame polling latency in games that affects all joysticks and gamepads. That latency averages 10ms for pal and 8ms for ntsc, but like I said, that latency affects ALL joysticks/gamepads.
If I understand you correctly, you mean that since games poll every frame the average latency will always be half a frame? So game polling is more of the bottleneck of latency? If that's it, yes, I'm aware of that but I'm still curious what's the latency of pressing of button to a register updating the bit. For directional buttons(all) and fire button(direct pin) probably almost instant(10us maybe), but where it starts to get over my head is for button 2 and 3 direct pins and cd32 protocol.

Knowing this latency still matters when let's say an up button is pressed; if up button is pressed 10us too late before input reading of game, you won't see the update of frame for another +1frame.
Old 12 June 2021, 17:11   #97
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavlahaye View Post
Hello @MickGyver, I'm interested in 2 KTRL CD32+ controllers, will it be possible to buy them soon?

Many thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudje View Post
Are you accepting orders again? If so, I'll reach out to you, to revive my request
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
Count me in if these are produced again. I would only want two fully assembled ones. I don’t want to built it myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_uk View Post
I will definitely purchase one if they come up for sale again
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxquad View Post
Hi from Belgium,
think of me if you make again of these marvels, it would be necessary for me if possible to have one already mounted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
Any chance of another production run for the KTRL CD32+?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylon View Post
I'd love the opportunity to buy one off you too - my CD32 controller is on its last legs...
I have some available in my shop over at daemonbite.com now!
Old 12 June 2021, 17:26   #98
stylon

Quote:
I have some available in my shop over at daemonbite.com now!
Awesome, have just ordered one
Old 13 June 2021, 23:53   #99
Clydos
aka (Cpt)JohnArcher

@Mick: Awesome! But your "special edition" controller will be something (completely?) different/better one? I am asking for a friend. ;-)

BTW, what would be the postage fee to Germany for 2 controllers?
Old 14 June 2021, 08:01   #100
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydos View Post
@Mick: Awesome! But your "special edition" controller will be something (completely?) different/better one? I am asking for a friend. ;-)

BTW, what would be the postage fee to Germany for 2 controllers?
The functionality and features of the special edition is basically the same, but it has a small OLED screen instead of the LED to aid programming it. Due to this it will also be more expensive, because it takes some time to modify the case etc.

Sipping to Germany for two gamepads is 9.75€.