English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 20 January 2015, 18:01   #1021
kipper2k

nice, i love the everdrives and the c64 in a cartridge. I need a pinball machine and i am all set for my room... once i get permission from the missus
Old 20 January 2015, 18:19   #1022
Nibbler
namm namm AMIGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
nice, i love the everdrives and the c64 in a cartridge. I need a pinball machine and i am all set for my room... once i get permission from the missus
I "lol"ed

( ohh, and that´s a N64 ... not a C64 ... but i think you meant N64 i use my XBOX for C64 Emu.....
( i know i know, BUT its a question of Space and so .....

Oh... and there is a Keyboard and mouse under the SNES/PS1 ... for my lovley AMIGA )

and like i said, you´re the MAN Kipper!! ( you´re Missus should know )

Last edited by Nibbler; 20 January 2015 at 18:59. Reason: adding something
Old 27 February 2015, 22:36   #1023
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I've just seen this, not mine:

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 06 March 2015, 00:57   #1024
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbler View Post
Here is my gaming room

Hope you like it.
(all is ready to play. just pick a controller (on the Dreamcast/ps3 box)
and turn on the console of choice,... BAM, you are ready to play

Ohh, and on the cardridge consoles,
no need to change the cardridge, the have all games on 1 cardridge ( everdrives )
thats how i like it

The LCD is in the same room , for my Ps3-PC and old XBOX
( that i saved from trash .. now its a great Media and Arcade-Emu Box

And to "round" things up, i have also a pinball machine ( was local )
Blimey! That's some serious kit! I wanted to get a MAME cabinet except transportation and space are the issues faced. Considering you have an original xbox, the collection could be reduced to the one console with emulators lol... not the same but hey, you did it with C64
Old 03 April 2015, 23:14   #1025
turrican9

My Amiga retro room

This is what happened a few months ago. I was turning 38 and suddenly found my old Amigas in the basement and then just started to upgrade them, ordering all kinds of stuff and more Amigas. I even got a CDTV for free from someone I know. Also, is an old CRT monitor like this, when connected to the Indivison ECS Scandoubler worthy of comparison to an original Commodore 1084S with regards to picture quality?

Amiga 500 with Gotek Floppy Emulator, ECS Scandoubler and ACA 500 + ACA 1233

This TV is connected via RGB scart cable and has very sharp and vivid colors. Amiga 600 + ACA 620 ver.2 (Oh, and there is another Amiga 600 down there below the TV

2 Amiga 500s and one complete CDTV in wardrobe pluss alot of other Amiga stuff

I know, bad picture quality taken with my old fashion phone. I hate touch phones and have no interest of them
Old 04 April 2015, 19:58   #1026
DonAmiga

Its looking a bit tidy for an Amiga room, give it another 6 months you'll be climbing over everything
Old 12 November 2015, 17:09   #1027
Amiga1992

Well I moved like three times already since the last time I posted, so here's my work in progress arrangement in my new home.

First the game consoles, they are all in my living room:

Starting from the top-left corner:
- Amstrad GX4000 with C4CPC flash cartridge
- Nintendo Wii, custom firmware and with a hard drive full of stuff
- Xbox 360
- My Sony amplifier
- Sega Megadrive, japanese early model, with european Mega-CD model 1 and a Mega Everdrive cartridge.
- Sega Dreamcast
- Amiga CD32

Plenty of room for new things, I really want to get a SNES, never had one!
I expanded the Ikea table to an extra module, I used to have just the 2 module setup in my previous home. Handy little thing.

Now we wander into the cave, which is very work in progress right now:

Really happy about the dual 1084S-D setup, I got the second one yesterday! It's the one on the left.
- A600 with ACA620, 1B CF HD and 2GB on PCMCIA SD card. The thing on top is a Pyramid MIDI interface. Slik Stik joystick.
- A1200 with MX1230 030@50Mhz w/50Mhz 68881, 64MB Fast RAM, 1GB CF HD and 1GB on PCMCIA SD card. AMAS2 sampler/MIDI interface conencted to it.
- C64C with 1541 Ultimate II interface, and a Kerberos MIDI interface sometimes. Slik Stik joystick.

I gotta bring my 1571 disk drive in, and also try to get again an external Amiga floppy of some kinda, really want an A1011.

Not shown, on the left of this photo: all my music setup.

Last edited by Amiga1992; 14 August 2017 at 20:15.
Old 14 February 2016, 21:42   #1028
gjb1985

my girlfriend made all of this for me, also the framed painting with outrun and other favorite games of me done on them (strijkkraaltjes, don't know english word ). she's very handy. all systems you see are hooked up at once and can be played at any time. my ps4 and other ps3 are in living room downstairs.

the painting of ico was made by my dad several years ago.

Last edited by gjb1985; 15 February 2016 at 17:28.
Old 14 February 2016, 21:45   #1029
SkulleateR

AWESOME
Old 14 February 2016, 22:45   #1030
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkulleateR View Post
AWESOME
+1
Old 15 February 2016, 15:12   #1031
Obliterator

Mines a damn mess at the moment but under all the junk is a PlayStation 1 a ZX speccy 48K+ a BBC micro model B and a 64C plus A600 now
Old 11 January 2018, 03:39   #1032
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

@gjb1985 (best year ever ): I think that you don't have a man's cave but a museum; marvellous in any case.

Well... You somehow "closed" this thread in 2016 with such an amazing setup, but you know that we all like to see whatever kind of man's cave starting from the must humble we can think of.

I just want to bump this thread as I want to see more posts

Thinking now, a video would be much better than some photos at least with such kind of showrooms like yours

Edit: I'm actually improving my man's cave setup after watching a couple of videos from a female Amiga enthusiast here:

[ Show youtube player ]

I've actually changed and get rid of a lot of cables and so, improved the quality of them/some are shorter now, and it's all also much tidier now

Last edited by Retrofan; 11 January 2018 at 04:30.
Old 11 January 2018, 13:34   #1033
Nibbler
namm namm AMIGA

This is a part of my Bedroom , hehe ( My Gaming Room is on Page 51 of this Thread )
The A600 was brand new ( got really lucky there. A Furia V2 and a CF-Card is inside )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bedroom.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	56170   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bedroom2.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	56171  

Last edited by Nibbler; 12 January 2018 at 12:25. Reason: PS:I have of course a very nice dust cover for my A600 ;)
Old 20 October 2018, 13:25   #1034
hansel75
Walk Off? Boolander!

My Commodore Mancave 2018!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6912.aJPG.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	60353  
Old 20 October 2018, 20:45   #1035
crazyc

One is the man cave in the summer house, and one is the small room in the loft - I refused to put my pride and joy a1200 in the summer house.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 16 October 2020, 20:16   #1036
Fiery Phoenix

Going through a load of stuff at the moment and came across some pics of bedroom wall. Think both are different years, one around 87, another maybe 90.

May have a few others....good times
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20201008_192644818.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	734.9 KB
ID:	69354   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201016-191147~2.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	69355  
Old 17 October 2020, 14:04   #1037
Shadowfire

Wow. It's been a while (19 years) since I put in my setup. I've moved to a different house since.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/siRXbbWnAww3yNLX7
This is my primary console retrogaming area (basemement). It's a fairly large (25' x 10') room which I host our weekend roleplaying games in (using two 8' folding tables, folding chairs, and I also have an Xbox Once Kinect camera on a tripod hooked up to one of my PC's which I use for Discord conferencing with the people who can't physically show up for various reasons... I *highly* recommend this setup if you're serious about the conferencing. The kinect camera and microphone is AWESOME, the only issue is that the display coming from the Kinect is mirrored left/right, but that doesn't matter for our RPGs). The room is quite well lit with overhead fluorescent lights. There's also a microwave, refrigerator, and half-bath in the basement.
Left side: (unseen, on a stand on the left, Xbox One), Saturn with MODE, SNES with Everdrive, Dreamcast with DC-USB ODE, and N64 (no flashcart for the N64, as I already own the only 3 games I want to play on the system.)
Center: Sega Genesis with MegaSD, NES with Everdrive, 3DO with 3DO-USB ODE.
Right: Chipped Xbox, softmodded PS2, Turbografx16 with SSDS3, and softmodded Gen 2 PS3 loaded up with PS1 ISO's.
I recommend ANY of these flashcard/ODE units to anyone, with the exception of the DC-USB: The MODE has a much nicer UI than the DC-USB, so I'd rather have that, but still the DC-USB is perfectly functional even if the UI is a bit bland. I chose the PS3 to play PS1 games, since it has HDMI output, although it is a bit clunky to start a game. Everything pre-Xbox has been recapped.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/gNNQe1GKT7LhpF268
This is my primary computer area (basement). There is also a PAL C-64C here, since the TV on the left is the only good flatscreen TV in the house that will accept a PAL signal. The C-64 has the FPGA video enhancer mod and an UltimateII+, along with a modern PSU. I highly recommend these first two items to ANYONE that wants a retro 64 setup. Right now the spot on the left is taken over a bit with some work-related items, COVID-19 has convinced everyone to work from home if they can.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/PQE5hbPZf3w4VEdA8
First floor den: This used to be my primary computer area, before I moved it to the basement. Its now an electronics lab/arcade box area. I have an A2000 here (Buddha IDE, A2630, and Indivision ECS).
https://photos.app.goo.gl/fPZ8beUSHbzrb4vf9
Also in the den, is the two arcade units, the same cabinets I had back in 2001. Of course, the PC has been upgraded... 3 or 4 times... since the 2001 pics. I'm running an i7-875K pc with an ArcadeVGA card, which drives both monitors (using a VGA splitter/amplifier), a Hagstrom KE72 keyboard encoder for interfacing to the cabinets, and one of the Cambridge Soundworks amplifiers to drive all the speakers. Within the past two years, the monitors have both been recapped, the PC storage moved to solid state drives, and all of the cabinet microswitches have been replaced, due to age related issues.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/XkPSyTwv7B72Yg5g7
In my living room, I have a WiiU (modded and loaded with Gamecube games) and a PC in a media center style console. On the right is a sega genesis/32X, which I am waiting for an Everdrive unit for. (Then I have to figure out where I'm going to set it up). FYI, the MegaSD/Genesis unit I have in the basement will not play 32X games. If you have the MegaSD plugged into the Genesis, you get SegaCD but no 32X. If you have the MegaSD plugged into the 32X, you get 32X but no SegaCD, hence why I have two Genesis units. Similar to the PS3 in the basement, I chose the WiiU for Gamecube games because of the built-in HDMI output.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/DvZnfcTfK4b1YCTi9
One of my spare bedrooms is used for some overflow retro stuff that I'm not using.
Pictures is a Commodore 128D and 1571 disk drive, NES/SNES/SEGA mini consoles, a RetronHD with a pair of pirate carts that have most of the games I'd want to play, some amiga floppy drives, and an A3000 keyboard. The mini consoles are actually quite nice, and I would undoubtedly have them hooked up if I didn't already have flashcart-equipped versions of the original consoles. The RetronHD *would* be nice, but they seriously dropped the ball on the color generation/output in the unit. The composite output is quite different than a real NES, and the HDMI output is ever FURTHER off in colors (different than its own composite).
https://photos.app.goo.gl/gL9LERYQRfHxVqHy6
More spare stuff. An Amiga CDTV (which has problems on the front display, probably the display driver IC as I've replaced the ribbon cables), a 1084S, and a Commodore 128 (with modern PSU) I bought for parts in case I had problems with the 128D (the 128 is missing several keys on the keyboard but otherwise is working fine). Not pictured here is an A500 and another 1084 monitor which are currently on a bench as I'm working on getting the 1084 back up and running.
Once I had the C64 video enhancer, I retired the 128D. The component video display on the C64 is downright amazing; on the C128, I basically found ONE flat panel display (out of maybe 10-12 units) which produced an acceptable output (an aging 15" display/DVD combo unit); I previously had the C128D hooked up to the 1084S, since that combo was the best looking video display prior to the C64VE. Also, the fact that the 1541UltimateII+ was flaky when used (i.e. plugged into the cartridge port, not set up as a standalone 1541) on a Commodore 128, certainly helped with the decision.

Last edited by Shadowfire; 17 October 2020 at 14:49.
Old 17 October 2020, 15:09   #1038
Fiery Phoenix

I need to get my gaming room sorted big time. Had loads and loads of original game posters that were for promotional purposes only direct from the software houses (see pics above, will have others I'm sure)

Sold most of these (think some went Franks way from GTW) when I last had a clear out. Don't think I have any left now.

Wouldn't mind my games being on a shelf, the nice big box ones. Everything is mainly stored in boxes, approx 1,500 PC, Amiga and C64 games (few C16, ZX and CPC) plus 500+ computer magazines from the 80s and 90s.

Going through another big sort out so may end up selling some stuff (again) and just keeping the one I really really want.

I go through phases of wanting a stand-up arcade unit running the emulations, buy would I use it? I'd probably still play sat down on my PC. Same with those virtual pinball units (they do look great though) time, space and money always comes into play though.
Old 17 October 2020, 15:13   #1039
Shadowfire

When I wasn't working (and had no money) I played with them a lot, but couldn't do the upgrades/expansions I wanted. Now that I'm working, spare time (instead of money) is at a premium, and I can buy the upgrades but don't really have time to play with them. In a way, its a catch-22, I can't have my cake and eat it too
Old 17 October 2020, 16:50   #1040
DamienD
Banned

My gaming room; a 9 year old Acer Aspire 5951G laptop, 32" Panasonic TV and XBox 360 wireless controllers

I had to get rid of my HotRodSE as I never used it these days...

From this setup I emulate everything, two examples below:

WinUAE:

MameUI64:

Last edited by DamienD; 18 October 2020 at 11:45.