English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 09 September 2016, 03:05   #21
Solo Kazuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
Cabal: difficult not to throw grenades accidentally.
WHDLoad fix this, you can switch using grenades to 2nd button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
Rolling Thunder: poor frame rate; all enemies look the same.
Enemies are the same (differs only with colours) even on arcade coin-op version. About poor frame rate it should be fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liviux76 View Post
I think that Dynablaster (great game) is unfortunately frustrating when playing alone since you have to press the space bar in order to use the detonator... it would be great to use the second button of the joystick!
WHDLoad fix this.
Old 10 September 2016, 01:01   #22
spoUP

North & South: Make both players controllable with CD32 pads and replace mouse with joypad in menus etc.
As it is now, player two have to use keyboard/and or mouse? Annoying and the fights gets unfair.
Old 10 September 2016, 03:35   #23
Solo Kazuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoUP View Post
North & South: Make both players controllable with CD32 pads and replace mouse with joypad in menus etc.
WHDLoad fix this.

It's somehow funny when people grumble about already done things.

Last edited by Solo Kazuki; 10 September 2016 at 03:47.
Old 04 November 2016, 13:16   #24
Toncon

usually people never look again if they already knew its terribly bad.

i don't put specific titles, but can say all of the games which are designed badly of important part.

i.e. blending enemy bullets in shooter, hardship of clicking in mouse driven type, confusing/illegible text part for vital information.
those are fatally killing player's experience.

Old 25 November 2016, 00:24   #25
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Mercenary: unskippable intro sequence (very annoying when you just want to load a previously saved game).
Old 25 November 2016, 10:05   #26
Gzegzolka

Fighting games - map cd32 pad buttons for moves, seriously it's very simple and fun to play Fightin'Spirit with cd32 pad or any other arcade game like Darkstallkers that have 6 buttons for punches and kicks. Master Axe, Elfmania or Shadow Fighter could gain a lot of playability. Think about it, when You fight against CPU fighters they do not need to press one fire and mash joystick in any directions to strike.
Old 04 December 2016, 14:56   #27
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Lots of games would play better with 2 buttons joystick support. Many of them were added with WHDLoad, buy many still remains without support. Stuff like Lethal Weapon for example... it's playable with just 1 button and I guess no one cares, but it would play better with 2 buttons for surely, and then stuff like Bonanza Bros that cries for a 2 button support. The list here is too long to list, and I've been adding tickets on WHDLoad for add support to 2 button controllers to those games, but it usually takes ages for them to do it (and I am not complaining, I understand everyone is doing this out of love basically, I am nothing but thankful for the guys doing this stuff)

Lots of Atari ST ports could be reprogrammed to at least use the Bliiter and HW Sprites somehow. I don't know how hard is to do such a thing.... but games like Mega Twins, U.N. Squadron, Black Tiger could actually be good games if they weren't so slow/choppy. Again the list here is huge.

Ninja Spirit also suffers from the same problem, also would be a lot better if your weapons weren't so freaking slow and your hitbox wasn't so freaking huge. It's ridiculous that I can reach level 3 on Arcade version without much effort and managed to reach level 6 many times, but can't beat the first level on the Amiga version.

Brutal Sports Football should have the option to use the 2nd button to activate items. There's an option to use 2 button controllers for kicking the ball but, honestly, the 1 button controller scheme works perfectly for this game IMO... but both schemes force you you use the keyboard to activate power ups, and this is really annoying, even more when playing 2 players matches.

Fire Force shouldn't force you to replay ALL missions after your soldier is killed/missing. You maybe should have to replay the missions from the current block of missions, not ALL MISSIONS SINCE MISSION 1.

Last Action Hero, remove the "turbo" mode from the controller, make the levels shorter, add some decent AI to the enemies, make the hero walk faster (and no need for such a smooth walking animation with so many frames wasting memory for nothing), and remove that HORRENDOUS moonwalking from enemies, correct the bug that lets you keep punching an enemy endless until he dies without he ever falling down (Streets of Rage 2 has a similar bug that was corrected on SoR 3), and you can have a half decent brawler for Amiga.

Add the possibility to have music/sfx alltogether in games that lets you choose one or the other. I've created a topic about this once sometime ago. There are many ways this could been approached, I guess none of them are easy to implement. But I'd really like to see what would happen with those games if you could just turn both options at the same time and let SFX silence the Music while its played. Some games are very silent when SFX mode is chosen (Dragon Breed comes to mind), and this *maybe* could work. The other way would be silence one channel of music, and let all the SFX be played there... but this would only work with the music was written in a such way where the, say, bass, is always played on the same channel. (Deluxe Galaga has an option to do that and works wonderfully)

Add music to games lacking it where is really missed. Silkworm and Ninja Warriors for example. Again, no idea how easy is to do that and, again, the list is big.

Battle Squadron, why the hell you can only continue when on the surface level? Add a proper continue system to it... 5 credits shared by 2 players, you can continue wherever you want as long as you have credits left.

IK+ 3 players mode. Not frustrating not having it, but how the hell they didn't think about it?

Double Dragon 2 - Give me a bit of invencibility after I stand up. This alone would make the game like 50 times better, in later levels you may get ganged up in a corner and just see your full health bar going away without being able to do nothing. Also, WHY THE FREAKING HELL music is OFF as default?

Indy Heat is lacking one car on track and some of the tracks of the original one. The car missing I guess it's because the cars are sprites and there are not enough colors for another car... which if its the case is really silly. The lack of other tracks I guess it's for lack of space on the floppy.... which shouldn't be a problem anymore. Again, not frustrating, but this could had been a perfect arcade port.