English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Contest

Old 17 October 2019, 17:51   #1561
Selur

"The guy "Selur" knocks around here but doesn't have the balls to PM me directly"

you are funny and probably also ugly british kid
Old 17 October 2019, 18:07   #1562
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
"The guy "Selur" knocks around here but doesn't have the balls to PM me directly"

Whey uppp...here he is... AND this is exactly what my wife says about me.
Old 17 October 2019, 18:30   #1563
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Been playing it on my phone forgot that the Control on screen controls are a bit naff on UAE android.

Does space bar or one of the other key do something? because I think this version of UAE has Two Button mapped to on screen controls and Ive reset the level or something knocking them.

Forget it, now using Uae4Arm much better but D pad is still awful.

Last edited by Retro1234; 17 October 2019 at 21:04.
Old 18 October 2019, 01:22   #1564
sean_sk
Gimmemore Commodore

For a free game, this is one of the most polished and professional I have ever seen, even compared to a paid for game. I can't say anything more than has already been said, other than, thanks for this gift mcgeezer, what an achievement! It's a shame you can't sell this, I would have bought it!
Old 18 October 2019, 16:20   #1565
wairnair

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_sk View Post
For a free game, this is one of the most polished and professional I have ever seen, even compared to a paid for game. I can't say anything more than has already been said, other than, thanks for this gift mcgeezer, what an achievement! It's a shame you can't sell this, I would have bought it!
I agree. Patreon or something like that?
Old 18 October 2019, 18:05   #1566
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wairnair View Post
I agree. Patreon or something like that?
I will take a look at creating a patroen page, i’ll just need to put some content on there - but at the moment i have a nasty chest infection.

I’ll post here when it is done.
Old 18 October 2019, 19:04   #1567
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

I think games can be criticized even when free, but if you do it properly.

I made Quasarius 2 years ago, it was my first attempt of coding anything seriously on Amiga, it took me 3 weeks (I was on vacation at that period) which involved both learning and doing the game.

I *Know* it's a stupidly simple game, I gave it for free and I didn't expect anyone to have its socks blown for it. The fact the game got featured in a Magazine and shown on lots of Youtube channels and DamienD even donated me some money for it, made it all worthy for me, that was beyond anything I ever expected for that game and just the fact somehow my name is now written in a piece of history for my beloved machine warms my heart endlessly.

People made negative remarks about the game but many of them made sense. Graham Humphrey made a review for it on Amiga Future which was more negative than positive , but he was very nice about it and I agreed with nearly all the points he made. I keep that magazine stored because I was just too frigging happy to have my name written on an Amiga magazine, even if the game wasn't really that great (and I know about it). THAT WAS good criticism, and I don't think it's a bad thing to do even if it's for a free game.

And still people were saying "Oh what a load of shit" about that game and nothing else. That's stupid criticism and it doesn't need to exist;

People are assholes. I mean, fuck it, you don't like the original Rygar? Do you really feel the NEED to say something about it after McGeezer worked SO LONG and gave the game FREE for everyone? What's the fucking point?

I can't play the game because I don't own an AGA system and I really don't care about emulation. And I am really happy to see such a high quality game for the system. Even if I didn't like the original game (and come on, it's a very solid game), fuck man, appreciate the work done here. There's nothing positive coming out for saying "Oh I didn't like the original game". Come on.

I am pretty sure you already know it, but you made a TERRIFIC job, so just let the haters be forgotten. Whatever people could say about it, I just want to let you know that I am truly amazed by what you achieved and this is an inspiration for me to try to do better games for the system in the future.

Quote:
'I dont understand why it needs AGA',
'It doesn't look like an AGA game'
'There's better Amiga platformers'
'Why waste your time'
You really don't need to defend from those comments. If you really feel like (and I've seen that's the direction you took ), you just need a "Fuck you, do it better and I'll give you back all the money you spend on the game ".

That's all, really.

Last edited by Shatterhand; 18 October 2019 at 19:10.
Old 18 October 2019, 21:32   #1568
mcgeezer

@Shatterhand - I will respond with my thoughts separately on your message.

@Everyone...

Would someone who know's a lot more about the CD32 than be able to see if the link below can be written to a CD and ran on the CD32?

I've used Amiga DOS to do all of the loading of the files and as such you can run this from a hard drisk without WHDload.

It would be great if you could get this working on a stock CD32.... would be a real win for me - sadly I know little about the system/CD functions.

http://109.228.4.199/downloads/CD32Rygar.zip

Geezer
Old 18 October 2019, 22:52   #1569
seko

Rygar Perfect for Amiga . Thanks . mcgeezer and his team.we always wanted to see good games for amiga.congratulations you did.
Old 18 October 2019, 23:00   #1570
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Well, i've read very hard, brutal comments toward McGeezer. We can't force people to like a game for sure, but technically speaking, just bow down to the king.

Rygar is well polished and licked up game, we did all could to get it as much faithfull as possible from the arcade within the 1200 abilities.

It's the first amiga sofware that has the quality level higher than what you could possibly had back in the day.

Bad mouthing and hard words for free is unfair to McGeezer, and by extension to the rest of the team (me included).
Old 18 October 2019, 23:23   #1571
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

@Shatterhand & @dlfrsilver :
+1. You are damn right.
Old 19 October 2019, 02:33   #1572
Hewitson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo Kazuki View Post
Excuse me, could You show me my "assholness, please?

Saying overall about some people, whilst only few have annoying nagging habit (yes THIS guy on letter "S" is known from being like that) is some kind of stereotypic and unjust.

That kind of accusing larger group of people makes You just what You said about this few ones.
It's called a generalisation mate. Certainly not calling you or any of the other members that use both EAB and PPA assholes.

But after reading some of the comments regarding Rygar there's nothing else to call the PPA, really. Well there is, but I'd be banned for using that word here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur
What you said about mcgeezer's game was already extremely low. You've crossed the line now.

Why don't you post a picture of yourself if you're so unbelievably good looking? We could all do with a laugh.

Last edited by Hewitson; 19 October 2019 at 02:40.
Old 19 October 2019, 09:07   #1573
swinkamor12
Banned

It it common problem.
Amiga has much better resolutions and more colors than 8 bit.
Things which looks good on 8bit looks like shit on Amiga.
Developers should not expect that users will be happy with games that look like 105% of c64.
Especially when game requires ridiculus overpriced AGA hardware.
So take critics and work harder, maybe your next product will be better.
Old 19 October 2019, 09:22   #1574
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinkamor12 View Post
It it common problem.
Amiga has much better resolutions and more colors than 8 bit.
Things which looks good on 8bit looks like shit on Amiga.
Developers should not expect that users will be happy with games that look like 105% of c64.
Especially when game requires ridiculus overpriced AGA hardware.
So take critics and work harder, maybe your next product will be better.
@everyone ^^^ this guy here is a known idiot, I am pretty sure he had an education on an another planet. Anyway, ignore him because he hasn’t got a fucking clue what he is talking about.

Belongs at the ppa for sure.
Old 19 October 2019, 10:13   #1575
Amigajay

Thanks to mcgeezer for the files for the CD32 version, i have compiled a quick ISO (in the zone) that needs to be checked to see if it works 100% on real hardware.
Old 19 October 2019, 10:28   #1576
Solo Kazuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
Belongs at the ppa for sure.
Please, not generalise again.

I don't know if he is on PPA, but for sure he is on EAB. Is that means that on EAB are not too much educated people? For sure not. So same thing is on PPA. People subscribe here and there and what they said is only fault of themselves.

Really, on PPA are many good and serious people, but also some trolls and jerks. Like everywhere nowdays...
Old 19 October 2019, 10:34   #1577
Amigajay

Quote:

I don't know if he is on PPA, but for sure he is on EAB. Is that means that on EAB are not too much educated people? For sure not. So same thing is on PPA. People subscribe here and there and what they said is only fault of themselves.

Really, on PPA are many good and serious people, but also some trolls and jerks. Like everywhere nowdays...
Yeah well said. You get idiots on every forum, not fair to brush everyone on there with the same brush.

Best to move on mcgeezer, you can't please everyone all of the time and all that jazz, concentrate on the positives and the people who do appreciate your work, and give at least constructive criticism and not brain-dead remarks
Old 19 October 2019, 10:56   #1578
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

As someone who almost maxxed out what can be done on OCS, I am 100% certain you cannot make an OCS version of Rygar of the quality that Geezer created.

Anyone who tells you otherwise has no idea about Amiga hardware or is a fool or a Troll.
Old 19 October 2019, 11:09   #1579
mcgeezer

Quote:

Then it is better you take it up with your PPA moderators that your beloved PPA is getting a bad name because of a select few who think they can say what they want over there without repercussion.

But the problem is, some of your moderators are just as bad arn't they?

A nice clear example here constructed by one of your very own.

*** I didn't create this image, one of your moderators did as a piss take of me/Rygar.

I know that there are good people over at the PPA and you are one of them, but for me if someone is just an arsehole then they need to be told they're an arsehole.

I only say it like it is.
Old 19 October 2019, 11:45   #1580
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

@McGeezer:
Actually I thought this "google translation mistake" thing was funny, and not a jab at you..

Most of the people in that thread really like your port of Rygar.
One guy said he cannot understand why this needs AGA. Well, I can only say "try it yourself, buddy" to these people.
I am very sure the best you could come up with is some port in the vein of "Ninja Spirit". A bleak and colorless looking 25 fps game that still hasn't enough enemies on screen.

Then there is the one guy who said "brilliant port, I just don't like the game". Which is an opinion I can understand. Not everything is for everybody.

And then there is Selur. Who just behaves like an trollish idiot.

So, that's one asshole out of a lot of nice behaving people.
It's just that this one idiot stands out that much..