English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 01 April 2019, 22:27   #61
AgedCode
Game Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
I noticed blog has been updated yesterday.
And today
Old 07 April 2019, 18:53   #62
AgedCode
Game Developer

In today's entry log a bit of a background technical data. Some may find it interesting: aquabyss.com
Old 07 April 2019, 20:04   #63
Lonewolf10
AMOS Extensions Developer

I love the teaser trailer and can't wait to see what the game is like
Old 28 July 2019, 21:32   #64
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Is this still happening? Last blog update is from 6th June, saying there is not any update.
Old 28 July 2019, 22:37   #65
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Would bet that summer holiday are no strangers to this silence.
Old 25 August 2019, 18:51   #66
Glen M

I get professor layton vibes from the teaser. I wonder if it will be a puzzle game like the popular DS series.
Old 20 October 2019, 13:13   #67
AgedCode
Game Developer

Hi Folks! The log has been updated =) aquabyss.com
Old 20 October 2019, 20:03   #68
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

From screenshots it reminds me Transarctica a bit.
Old 20 October 2019, 22:56   #69
AC/DC HACKER!

I'm impressed with the animation, but I noticed it lacks some punctuation. I see "?" but what about "." and "!"?? I agree with -Acid-, that I'm GUESSING it's an adventure game or Point-N-Click but the "trailer" leaves a lot of wonderment. The rending is really cool with textures but...it's like the new Terminator movie Trailer (2019), all of that has been done before.

But I won't dismiss it just because of vagueness and lacking in punctuation. But if the game lacks it..I'll probably loose interest. Grammar matters, so does punctuation as they both set tone without any guessing or wondering.

It's pretty, but without any content to say, "OOhhHHHHhHHhh..." about. Being Amiga, I !want! to say "OOoOOOOOooOhhh!!" Haha!
Old 20 October 2019, 23:14   #70
Umpal

AC/DC Hacker, what do you mean, in what spots it lacks the punctuation?

As to the Point-N-Click, I think you haven't see the screenshots. According to them it's not the P-n-C genre.

Other than that, is it bad that we have a nice and modern video related with Amiga [game]? Would it be better if it was a very low quality one? Or none at all? I don't get this "complaining". Reading some comments I wonder what are those perpetual malcontents doing on retro forums. Doing a crap game is bad, doing something better seems to be also wrong. That doesn't make any sense to me.
Old 20 October 2019, 23:23   #71
Pyromania

Game is looking good so far.
Old 20 October 2019, 23:42   #72
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umpal View Post
AC/DC HACKER!, what do you mean, in what spots it lacks the punctuation?
Watch the video. Notice where sentences don't have any at the end.

Quote:
As to the Point-N-Click, I think you haven't see the screenshots. According to them it's not the P-n-C genre.
Yup, I was doing something else for a moment and then went to the last part of this thread and saw the link. But hadn't commented yet.

Quote:
Other than that, is it bad that we have a nice and modern video related with Amiga [game]? Would it be better if it was a very low quality one? Or none at all? I don't get this "complaining". Reading some comments I wonder what are those perpetual malcontents doing on retro forums. Doing a crap game is bad, doing something better seems to be also wrong. That doesn't make any sense to me.
I didn't call it "bad" at all. I'm not complaining at all. I commented. Complaining would be, "This is horrible, and ugly." The reference to the new Terminator movie is only meaning the animation leaves a lot of to wondered about--and didn't offer much to what the game is going to look like. Like what -Acid- typed. It's not a negative statement or any kind of a heightened intensity in that way.

You read my comment from your own mindset (malcontents). May I suggest a more positive or balanced outlook when reading it?

Now, as for the game, it looks cool. It's pretty and I can understand why Aged Code commented that it's a game with depth - these kind become complicated in code. As long as the game isn't dependent on accessing Google in any form while playing...I'd be willing to check a demo. For sure.
Old 21 October 2019, 00:02   #73
Umpal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! View Post
Watch the video. Notice where sentences don't have any at the end.
Ah, that's what you meant. Well, if you watch movie trailers many of them don't have such punctuation. Why? Because it's not a book. Thus, it's not an error, especially if intended.

Quote:
I didn't call it "bad" at all. I'm not complaining at all. I commented. Complaining would be, "This is horrible, and ugly." The reference to the new Terminator movie is only meaning the animation leaves a lot of to wondered about--and didn't offer much to what the game is going to look like. Like what -Acid- typed. It's not a negative statement or any kind of a heightened intensity in that way.

You read my comment from your own mindset (malcontents). May I suggest a more positive or balanced outlook when reading it?
Sure thing mate

Quote:
Now, as for the game, it looks cool. It's pretty and I can understand why Aged Code commented that it's a game with depth - these kind become complicated in code. As long as the game isn't dependent on accessing Google in any form while playing...I'd be willing to check a demo. For sure.
I don't think it will use the Internet at all. It'd be cool to have such multiplayer on a classic Amiga, though
Old 21 October 2019, 00:50   #74
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umpal View Post
Ah, that's what you meant. Well, if you watch movie trailers many of them don't have such punctuation. Why? Because it's not a book. Thus, it's not an error, especially if intended.
Yes...English and grammar are taking huge hits thanks to Cellphones. A title shouldn't have any, but statements should. It was meant as a comment, not a teachable moment. Though, any moment can be that..but that wasn't my aim. Doesn't matter if it's not a book. It's still conveying meaning...or not.

Quote:
Sure thing mate

I don't think it will use the Internet at all. It'd be cool to have such multiplayer on a classic Amiga, though
I was wondering about the editors being used...and if they'll be that way in the game. But could have been just how they got the images while making the game. I agree about a multi-player for Amiga. Uh-huh, Uh-huh. Wow, that would make the game very large. That's a looooooooot of code to get everything to sync. Haha!
Old 26 October 2019, 18:39   #75
AgedCode
Game Developer

Hello fellow Amigans. As promised the log has been just updated on aquabyss.com
Old 27 October 2019, 08:59   #76
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

I am starting to understand the game genre I think.
Old 27 October 2019, 11:32   #77
Overmann

I am quite excited about this game. Screenshots look very intriguing. The genre-description is both a bit confusing AND interesting
And if the level of polish matches the screenshots we might have ourselves a modern classic here
Old 20 April 2020, 23:31   #78
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

No news on the official site since. It is half a year. Is this project dead?
Old 20 April 2020, 23:49   #79
manossg

Quote:
Let's hope not.
Old 21 April 2020, 00:07   #80
Clydos
aka (Cpt)JohnArcher

Quote:
I don't think so. See the version counter on the page.