English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 22 May 2013, 20:27   #81
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Make a google search "Back to the Future Wallpapers", change to search by images and select one. Tell me which one. If you want it with 16 colors I can remapp it for you, if you want to use 256 colors I can do the same for 256 colors.

If you don't find the one you want, just delete Wallpapers and search by images.
Old 24 May 2013, 09:18   #82
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Make a google search "Back to the Future Wallpapers", change to search by images and select one. Tell me which one. If you want it with 16 colors I can remapp it for you, if you want to use 256 colors I can do the same for 256 colors.

If you don't find the one you want, just delete Wallpapers and search by images.
no, i just would like the wallpaper you put on the workbench, the one you shown.
Old 24 May 2013, 11:38   #83
damiraga

Here is a link to the original image:

http://interstation3d.com/portfolio/...emories_HD.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican3 View Post
no, i just would like the wallpaper you put on the workbench, the one you shown.
Old 24 May 2013, 15:37   #84
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

It isn't easy to use that image, as the dimensions are far from 800x600 (or 1024x768), so you have to stretch it. BUT... it will look much better if you use 16:9 on the Tv.

In The Zone I've uploaded it 800x600 and 1024x768 with 256 colors and also remapped to 16C.

Edit: I've updated those images and they will be on my next AmiKit Real update, 04.

Last edited by Retrofan; 06 June 2013 at 18:18.
Old 09 June 2013, 10:41   #85
amigappc

How does this Amikit behaves on real 030 AGA A1200, comparing to ClassicWB3.9?

I would like to reinstall my machine, supet thing is that updates are "live", but I am afraid will it "kill" amiga?

What resolutions and drivers are available for AGA?
Old 09 June 2013, 14:29   #86
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

The thing is simple: This conversion looks better (dual png icons, windows borders, backdrops on windows), but that means that it will ask you more from your system in terms of speed. I run it right with an ACA1231/42 (not so fast as I want, yet), and perfect with the ACA1230/56, so it won't kill your miggy.

Resolutions and drivers depend if you are using or not an Indi. If you do, the best drivers and resolutions are SuperPlus and HighGfx. Both drivers are already preinstalled. Superplus is the best one, but very difficult to get by now as only was working right with the first Indi core . HighGfx looks very nice, but it's also more demanding for the system so it will make it a bit slower.

If you don't have an indi what I use for my ACA1231/42 is Pal High Res Laced.

Last edited by Retrofan; 22 June 2015 at 03:21.
Old 10 June 2013, 16:53   #87
amigappc

I have Blizzard 1230/IV 50mhz + 32MB ram + FPU

Scandoubler is external MV1200 with flickerfixer

What resolution do you reccomend for best experience? Also, do Amikit supports preinstalled whdload collections like Classicwb? What system partition size is reccomend?
Thanks
Old 10 June 2013, 18:34   #88
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigappc View Post
I have Blizzard 1230/IV 50mhz + 32MB ram + FPU

Scandoubler is external MV1200 with flickerfixer

What resolution do you reccomend for best experience? Also, do Amikit supports preinstalled whdload collections like Classicwb? What system partition size is reccomend?
Thanks
I am actually using on my Cf 700Mb for DH0. The info says it's using 513Mb, and has 186Mb free (with Magellan you can do a right click on your partition, "Disk information", and you see that on a 3D graphic like Windows). I think 700Mb is a good size to choose

-Edit (later one): As long as I update it, it needs more room, so you better leave 900 Mb for it.-

Install first a good File System: PFS3AIO, it will make it run faster.

I would recommend 800x600 having a Flickerfixer if it can manage that. Superplus is what I would need. If yours can you are a happy man.
Without flickerfixer I use Pal High Res Laced, 724x566. When you select it you will see it is named as CGXPal instead of Pal; that's because of the CyberbugFix patch. If you need another monitor driver they are stored in Storage/Monitors, and you can move it to Devs/Monitors.

Yes, it will open any game as has WHDLoad preinstalled (add the key to S and the Kickstarts to Devs/Kickstarts), so it's like CWB: If you already have the games downloaded and stored in another partition you just have for example to open IGame, right click, Settings, Game Repositories, search where the drawer with your games is (clicking on the "folder" icon), then click on Add, and later right click on Igame again and Actions, Scan repositories.

You can also install for example KGLoad Beta; in that case you should open where you've saved KGLoad, see it as lister, open Profiles, Default, and edit (with Magellan is right click, Edit with EditPad) Profile.ini. Then where it says GameDir= you must write each directory, as KGLoad won't search for subdirectories. So it must look like (example):
GameDir=DH1:Games/A
GameDir=DH1:Games/B
... and so on.

KG hasn't finished the pack with all the images yet, but he solved a problem that it had at the beginning with the CyberBugFix patch, so you must substitute the existing "KGLoad" icon (script) it has. Lately I have done an icon-script for it that you can also use to substitute the existing. If your plan is to install KGLoad and add it to the AmiStart bar, the icon he made can't be opened from there, but mine will do.

I've attached it
Attached Files
File Type: zip KGLoadStartScriptIcon.zip (1.4 KB, 495 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 21 May 2015 at 03:10.
Old 11 June 2013, 15:20   #89
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I've created (WIP) somekind of taskbar (yes, now you'll have 3 to choose) using TinyMeter and joining a menu with Magellan. This Taskbar will be only for Magellan users because of the Start Menu. Yes I could do also just a TinyMeter taskbar, but it woudn't give me the menus the Magellan Start menu does, and also the AmiKit Eye icon looks better using it.

I'm making an script to install it, but as I must change the position of the bar for the different screen modes, I want to know what screen modes you are using/want. Actually I've made 3 options to choose with the installer: Pal High Res Laced, SuperPlus and HighGFX.

Look:

For the Taskbar background I'm using an image of jPV, that also made a great taskbar time ago and has inspired me.

It can be partially transparent too:

My purpose is not making just my own taskbar, but to make the fastest one with nice graphics (it only will take a bit more to boot the system).

I'm waiting to know if you want any other screenmode supported, also betatesters (real machine) are welcomed and needed.

Last edited by Retrofan; 13 June 2013 at 05:09.
Old 12 June 2013, 20:03   #90
amigappc

I just cant wait to try this. One question about install on real machine.

Is it possible to install on winuae, and when everything is ready make system.zip with directory opus, then use ClassicWB boot floppy to unpack system zip on real machine?

What do you think?

Edit: Is that netsurf AGA from Novacoder onboard? Which version?

Last edited by amigappc; 12 June 2013 at 20:13.
Old 12 June 2013, 20:54   #91
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
I just cant wait to try this. One question about install on real machine.

Is it possible to install on winuae, and when everything is ready make system.zip with directory opus, then use ClassicWB boot floppy to unpack system zip on real machine?

What do you think?

Edit: Is that netsurf AGA from Novacoder onboard? Which version?
But where do you store that system zip? In the Hd? If you can connect your hd to WinUAE and you've got another AmiKit system running on WinUAE, just add also your HD and use dopus to copy from one to another.

Netsurf Beta will be there, the last one, fpu needed though. Remember it's a work of Arti.

About my taskbar I'm seeing that the size of the screens can be different not only with the monitors but also with the overscan, so if not using SuperPlus or HighGFX that don't have overscan, surely the user will have to adapt the size of the bar to his configuration.

Last edited by Retrofan; 13 June 2013 at 03:21.
Old 12 June 2013, 21:58   #92
cpiac64

i have installed on my cf with amigasys4 and 3.9, but don't start, i renamed system in amikit and now go but don't go pcmcia, i need reinstall the driver?

is possible execute adf by double click?
Old 13 June 2013, 01:22   #93
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

If the pcmcia doesn't go yes, better reinstall your drivers. I have to look about that. Not sure about adf files, I haven't tried...edit: No, it won't work. Impossible works, miracles not ... yet .

I've done a couple of wallpapers more:

Although HighGFX and 256 colors is a bit too much for the ram (doesn't it seem I am using a Gfx Card and 24M colors?). I've got them also remapped to 16 colors and they look nice too because these images need few colors.

Edit: Tomorrow I will tell what the problem is with the pcmcia, also the updater has a problem with the install. I already know what the problems are

Edit: Well,
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpiac64 View Post
... don't go pcmcia, i need reinstall the driver?
You can go to AmiKit: Devs/DosDrivers/CF0, and edit the icon information of CF0. It must be Activate=1 instead of 0. The full install only has this problem of the pcmcia.

Edit: The fixed 03 updater will be ready in a few days.

Last edited by Retrofan; 17 June 2013 at 02:12.
Old 16 June 2013, 22:31   #94
amigappc

Do you recommend SFS or PFS as file system for Amikit?
Old 16 June 2013, 22:34   #95
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrofan View Post
install first a good file system: pfs3aio, it will make it run faster.
PFS3aio

Edit: I forgot: I need some betatester to try the 04 update, better for real. PM's welcomed.

Last edited by Retrofan; 16 June 2013 at 22:56.
Old 16 June 2013, 23:41   #96
amigappc

I do not see 04 update on download page?

I downloaded pfs3aio but only handler file is inside? I would like to install using guide "Installing PFS3 on RDB" on real machine but I do not know what do do with this?

Last edited by prowler; 16 June 2013 at 23:47. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Old 16 June 2013, 23:46   #97
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
I do not see 04 update on download page?
It's available only by PM to Refrofan.
Old 17 June 2013, 00:21   #98
seb132
French in Australia

Send a message via MSN to seb132 Send a message via Yahoo to seb132
Amigappc: use you fast prep tool and change filesystem on the partition by loading PFS3 filesystem fron your L: drive or wherever you have stored the filesystem. Then save changes.
Old 17 June 2013, 02:19   #99
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I made a short guide time ago, but it's better to use WinUAE, as you've got to make a backup of your system and later copy it again (or install all from a backup of another system).

http://eab.abime.net/831346-post14.html, from this thread http://eab.abime.net/support-hardwar...tml#post831346

Last edited by Retrofan; 17 June 2013 at 02:29.
Old 22 June 2013, 11:15   #100
amigappc

When I use real.amikit pack to install on real machine, does it have to be on the same partition where it will be installed, or I can put it on "Work" partition (second one, non boot)?