English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 23 December 2021, 15:53   #1581
Firestone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClump View Post
Has anyone else found that fblit has stopped working since installing 3.2.1?
It stopped working here because Startup-sequence got replaced... and the installer didn't backup it to Sys:OLD either for some reason. Maybe because it exists already?

I had to add it back to my startup-sequence. Works fine here.
Old 23 December 2021, 20:31   #1582
MrClump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
It stopped working here because Startup-sequence got replaced... and the installer didn't backup it to Sys:OLD either for some reason. Maybe because it exists already?

I had to add it back to my startup-sequence. Works fine here.
I've done that, but perhaps I've done something wrong. Now I know it should work I'll spend some time figuring out how I've stuffed it up.
Old 26 December 2021, 13:17   #1583
Pyromania

Has anyone tried to run the Amiga Video Toaster with 3.2 or Open Video Toaster?
Old 26 December 2021, 14:47   #1584
supaduper

Hey guys I got in touch with Doobrey author of Remus and romsplit and asked if when he has time he could add support for OS 3.2.1, and wow he did it as quick as a flash, what a guy, so you can now do a custom rom with ehIDE installed from boot up

link below
http://www.doobreynet.co.uk/beta/

Also DingensCGN over at A1K org has also updated his ehide 3.2.1 patcher so if you have the legal roms then you can use this great little app to Patch it.

Attached below
Kick3.2.1_ehide.device_patcher.zip
Old 26 December 2021, 14:54   #1585
wiz12

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaduper View Post
Hey guys I got in touch with Doobrey author of Remus and romsplit and asked if when he has time he could add support for OS 3.2.1, and wow he did it as quick as a flash, what a guy, so you can now do a custom rom with ehIDE installed from boot up

link below

Also DingensCGN over at A1K org has also updated his ehide 3.2.1 patcher so if you have the legal roms then you can use this great little app to Patch it.

Attached below
Attachment 74210

Thanks for the heads up supaduper.

I was trying to patch eide.device into my 3.2.1 rom yesterday using your guide and was getting a hunk rom error message in remus so now hopefully this will fix it.
Old 26 December 2021, 19:07   #1586
wiz12

Quote:

link below

Attached below
Attachment 74210

Just to expand on this topic, is it possible to patch a Kickstart 1.3 rom with eide.device or is this idea just madness?
Old 26 December 2021, 23:53   #1587
Swe_Kryten2x4b

Quote:

link below

Attached below
Attachment 74210
Hm, I don't know if ehide is something I need so I decided to download it to see if there's a readme file or something in it with more info.

However, Win10 thinks there is a trojan in it. See attached.

Just a warning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trojan.png
Views:	96
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	74219  
Old 27 December 2021, 00:03   #1588
crazyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz12 View Post
Just to expand on this topic, is it possible to patch a Kickstart 1.3 rom with eide.device or is this idea just madness?
Doesn't the tf1260 require roms 3.1 or higher?
Old 27 December 2021, 00:19   #1589
Thomas Richter

For anything beyond an 68030, you need at least Kick 2.0, for anything beyond an 68040 you either need boot ROMs, or Kick 3.1.4. I doubt the TF has boot ROMs, so that makes Kick 3.1.4 as minimum release.
Old 27 December 2021, 10:25   #1590
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyc View Post
Doesn't the tf1260 require roms 3.1 or higher?
Yep, you need 3.1 if you want the fast RAM to appear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Richter View Post
For anything beyond an 68030, you need at least Kick 2.0, for anything beyond an 68040 you either need boot ROMs, or Kick 3.1.4. I doubt the TF has boot ROMs, so that makes Kick 3.1.4 as minimum release.
Can confirm no boot ROM on the TF, the recommended usage method is to install the MMU libs and associated CPU libraries written by some guy
Old 01 January 2022, 02:33   #1591
mateusz_s

Hello,
I started making GUI in ReAction and noticed that ListBrowser doesn't
scroll with mouse wheel.. The standard intuition gadtools list browser
could be scrolled with mouse whell.. is that intentional? Do I need to implement
list scrolling by mouse wheel myself?

Last edited by mateusz_s; 01 January 2022 at 02:47.
Old 01 January 2022, 03:15   #1592
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

@mateusz_s:

Have you enabled the scroll wheel in IControl Prefs to get the automatic wheel handling?

Or you could set LISTBROWSER_AutoWheel, FALSE and handle the wheel events yourself, if you would rather do it manually.
Old 01 January 2022, 11:53   #1593
mateusz_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
@mateusz_s:

Have you enabled the scroll wheel in IControl Prefs to get the automatic wheel handling?

Or you could set LISTBROWSER_AutoWheel, FALSE and handle the wheel events yourself, if you would rather do it manually.
Thanks, I will Try that..
Old 03 January 2022, 10:38   #1594
torturedutopian

EDIT : moving this to the Support Forum !

Hi guys ! I have two little questions / issues with 3.2.1, not sure it's the right place to ask so please tell me if I should open a thread somewhere else.

First : thank you so much for providing us with those classic OS updates -- that is most appreciated and super useful with the resurgence of the classic scene (FPGAs, tons of new games etc.)

[1] Issue n°1. I have what I thought to be a really clean 3.2.1 installation. No patch, just some classic utilities, like MUI, Roadshow (disabled), P96 (v2.x), (but for this test I double checked with a PAL mode), XVS/XFD/XAD, VirusZ, a couple of players, WHDLOAD, (non-aros) Reqtools, that's about it.

I have a 100% reproducible bug when opening the FONT preferences utility. It insta-crashes when I select the "diamond" font for instance (but not only this one). Error code : 80000004.

What bugs me is, I got hold of my former ultra minimalistic 3.2.0 installation (barely tweaked), upgraded it to 3.2.1, and there was no such crash. Grr !

My crashy 3.2.1 behaves that same under UAE and my MiSTer FPGA / Minimig (both in AGA/68020 mode).

I cannot pinpoint what could have changed between the "out of the box" 3.2.1 and my minimalistic 3.2.1 to make the Font settings utility crash.

[2] Sometimes, the shell autocompletion freezes... When it does, it's right from the start. When it doesn't, well, it doesn't. (didn't check this one on UAE, just on the MiSTer)

Any idea ? Didn't find anything relevant in SnoopDOS.
Apart from that, all the rest seems stable (just had to raise the default stack to prevent lha crashes).

Oh I have a [3rd] question, not an issue, but I was accustomed to the classic Shell shortcuts like shift backspace / shift delete etc. which were pretty handy. Can they be restore by any chance ?

Last edited by torturedutopian; 03 January 2022 at 11:34.
Old 03 January 2022, 12:55   #1595
S0Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by torturedutopian View Post
EDIT : moving this to the Support Forum !

Hi guys ! I have two little questions / issues with 3.2.1, not sure it's the right place to ask so please tell me if I should open a thread somewhere else.

First : thank you so much for providing us with those classic OS updates -- that is most appreciated and super useful with the resurgence of the classic scene (FPGAs, tons of new games etc.)

[1] Issue n°1. I have what I thought to be a really clean 3.2.1 installation. No patch, just some classic utilities, like MUI, Roadshow (disabled), P96 (v2.x), (but for this test I double checked with a PAL mode), XVS/XFD/XAD, VirusZ, a couple of players, WHDLOAD, (non-aros) Reqtools, that's about it.

I have a 100% reproducible bug when opening the FONT preferences utility. It insta-crashes when I select the "diamond" font for instance (but not only this one). Error code : 80000004.

What bugs me is, I got hold of my former ultra minimalistic 3.2.0 installation (barely tweaked), upgraded it to 3.2.1, and there was no such crash. Grr !

My crashy 3.2.1 behaves that same under UAE and my MiSTer FPGA / Minimig (both in AGA/68020 mode).

I cannot pinpoint what could have changed between the "out of the box" 3.2.1 and my minimalistic 3.2.1 to make the Font settings utility crash.

[2] Sometimes, the shell autocompletion freezes... When it does, it's right from the start. When it doesn't, well, it doesn't. (didn't check this one on UAE, just on the MiSTer)

Any idea ? Didn't find anything relevant in SnoopDOS.
Apart from that, all the rest seems stable (just had to raise the default stack to prevent lha crashes).

Oh I have a [3rd] question, not an issue, but I was accustomed to the classic Shell shortcuts like shift backspace / shift delete etc. which were pretty handy. Can they be restore by any chance ?
[1] I can't play it on my system (WinUAE AmigaOS 3.2 + 3.2.1 update).
Could it be that some .font or .prefs file is corrupt ...?

[2] I have not been able to reproduce it either, on my system it works perfect ...

[3] It is possible that those shortcuts are characteristic of KingCON and not of the classic standard Shell ...?

Cheers!
Old 03 January 2022, 12:59   #1596
torturedutopian

Hi ! Sorry for the noise. Continuing the discussion here about the font issue : http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=1524898

@S0Y : yep indeed, same here, on a clean install the crash doesn't occur. On my current system which is far from being cluttered, it does, though :-( I did check if some libs were altered, nope apparently. Gonna investigate on the corrupted fonts / prefs files. Thanks ! Edit : Nope, restored original fonts / settings to no avail.

About [3], I think those worked even in the "execute" dialog on 3.1 (but not 3.2). Gotta check.

Last edited by torturedutopian; 03 January 2022 at 15:46.
Old 03 January 2022, 12:59   #1597
S0Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateusz_s View Post
Hello,
I started making GUI in ReAction and noticed that ListBrowser doesn't
scroll with mouse wheel.. The standard intuition gadtools list browser
could be scrolled with mouse whell.. is that intentional? Do I need to implement
list scrolling by mouse wheel myself?

If I'm not mistaken, the mouse wheel handling is already built into ROM 3.2. On my system, if I enable the mouse wheel in IControl, it does not work correctly. So I have it disabled and it works perfectly.

Greetings!
Old 03 January 2022, 21:11   #1598
torturedutopian

Regarding my offtopic (font selector crash) : it was due to the presence of the "Native" monitor -- even if P96 was disabled and there was just a PAL monitor alongside. Missed it because of its lack of an icon !
Old 05 January 2022, 01:17   #1599
amipal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
@mateusz_s:

I've done this, yet my mouse doesn't respond to scroll wheel movements.
Using an Amigakit optical mouse.
Old 05 January 2022, 03:19   #1600
klx300r

Quote:
Originally Posted by amipal View Post
I've done this, yet my mouse doesn't respond to scroll wheel movements.
Using an Amigakit optical mouse.

Same here & would love to get my scroll wheel working on my A4000 with OS3.2.1